22-23 season non-Wednesday football tonight/ when Sky dictates

7 minutes ago, Professor Plum said:

Just replied exactly the same to some female England player on Twitter which did get me to wondering. I remember reading about the Australian womens team from a few years back who played a game against an under 15's side I think it was and got absolutely battered.

I think the womens game has improved considerably since then though and I wonder where they're at now. Could the England Womens side give Man City's under 18's a game for instance. I wouldn't have thought so but it would be interesting.

Wasn't it the US Women's team ?

14 minutes ago, Professor Plum said:

Nope, the Aussie women, known as the Matilda's apparently. Lost 7-0 to Newcastle Jets 14/15 year olds, just looked it up again.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3609949/Matildas-lose-7-0-Newcastle-Jets-15s-Rio-Olympics-warm-up.html

Not sure what's up with that link, here's another one.

https://www.goal.com/en/news/13712/extra-time/2016/05/26/23937382/australia-womens-team-loses-7-0-to-under-15-mens-side

We are both right 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/3268594/us-women-soccer-dallas-academy-5-2/amp/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Professor Plum said:

Just replied exactly the same to some female England player on Twitter which did get me to wondering. I remember reading about the Australian womens team from a few years back who played a game against an under 15's side I think it was and got absolutely battered.

I think the womens game has improved considerably since then though and I wonder where they're at now. Could the England Womens side give Man City's under 18's a game for instance. I wouldn't have thought so but it would be interesting.

Phil Neville regularly used to have England Women play England u17s and 19s, down at St George's, as part of tournament warm ups. He also used them to pick his squads. 

2 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Dear EPL 

Please be advised that in my totally unbiased view, Anderson left his head in the way as Nunez was flicking his hair (please ignore the bun)

Regards

Bishop of Liverpool

By this time tomorrow, the French Police will be to blame. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Southy_SWFC said:

How is that not a red? You get a yellow for just stopping them from breaking never mind doing it by taking them out at the knee. 

Especially when this **** reffing has form for red cards, the Luongo one at home to Blackburn the other year springs to mind.

I thought it should've been a red for Trippier's trip. What part of deliberately wiping out a player, knee high and with the ball about 3 miles away, is not endangering an opponent?

There were 2 in the Hibs Rangers game yesterday. First one got a yellow, second one (Lundstram) received a straight red. The pundits were moaning about it, saying it should've only been yellow.

Also, a disgusting challenge from Ross Callachan (Ross County) only got yellow. You'll never see a clearer red this season ffs.

And then there was the closing stages of Burnley Blackpool. Straight red, no arguments. So why was today's one overturned?

I'm all for 'taking one for the team' but it's about time clarty challenges such as those were suitably punished.

How can you have clear blue water between a yellow and a red card offence?
Fouls cover a complete range of severity: they are not only soft or vicious, they can be every point in between. At some point there’s a grey area.
Like it or not, a lot of it is subjective and hence down to the referee: the view he had, how much he’s influenced by the crowd/players, his mood that day, the nature of the game up to that point, etc.

• Haha 1

Not sure if I’ve mentioned this before, but it does my head in every time, why do refs waste time going to a tv monitor?

VAR is not a spotty student on work placement, it’s someone who, on another day, actually referees EPL matches. So VAR is competent (as much as any ref is) and if he says to the pitch ref “I think you’ve got that wrong”, that should be enough. Change the decision and get on with the game.