22-23 season non-Wednesday football tonight/ when Sky dictates

1 hour ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Tbf to Klopp his biggest criticism was the attitude of his own players. Get that excuse out the way early in the season

It's always easier to say you didn't deserve anything after you've had to throw on 52 year old James Milner on to save the game. 

I think Ten Haag is going to be an absolute disaster. He’s not going to get the backing he needs to build that squad, they are weak in every single position and it’s going to take hundreds of millions and multiple windows to fix it, and he’s got the issue that the top players don’t want to go there.

2 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

I think Ten Haag is going to be an absolute disaster. He’s not going to get the backing he needs to build that squad, they are weak in every single position and it’s going to take hundreds of millions and multiple windows to fix it, and he’s got the issue that the top players don’t want to go there.

Early days and they could even get something out of this, but Man U hold no fear for the opposition at present. A group of individuals that I think any manager would struggle to make a team

2 hours ago, Professor Plum said:

Lucky, lucky Hibs with an equaliser with 15 seconds left on the clock.

Lee Johnson always looks like he's lost a tanner.

Quite a decent game to watch. Always disappointing to lose such a late goal but these things happen.

Both teams had chances. Both goalkeepers played well. Kinda expected a 0-0 draw with those two between the sticks!

It's gonna be an interesting season at Hearts. European football guaranteed until Christmas. I'm not convinced the squad is big enough to cope with that just yet. Hopefully it doesn't affect the domestic efforts too much.

Losing Ellis Simms in the summer was a huge blow. I noticed he scored twice for Sunderland yesterday. Let's hope he doesn't add any more in midweek...

1 hour ago, Skamp said:

Have you seen that BBC5 Live aren't doing the football scores at 5pm on a Saturday anymore?

Another tradition of getting back to the car/ coach in time to listen to the scores now gone.

I've just seen that this morning, as you say, another tradition moving on. James Alexander Gordon will be annoyed, god rest his soul.

10 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Just seen Rotherham's game at Coventry was called off yesterday after the Rugby 7s had carved the pitch up too much. 

The pics Coventry put on their website were certainly strategic. But, I do know they’re having issues with Wasps using the ground.

6 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

I've just seen that this morning, as you say, another tradition moving on. James Alexander Gordon will be annoyed, god rest his soul.

James Alexander Gordon 0

Spinning in grave  (emphasis)  1

Good old days if you were out and about and Wednesday were playing away. Put on the classifieds and you got the invariable moment of disappointment a nano second early. 

It was used for the Rugby 7s. Not 100% but I think it was all of the games.

The stadium is owned by Wasps CCFC are only tenants, which is why there’s been such a wrangle. Wasps bought the stadium for a very good price which the football club have been aggrieved about ever since.

Apparently there had been plans to relay the pitch but there were shelved because the stadium had been chosen for the games. 

1 hour ago, Tylluan said:

The stadium hosting the 7s was part of Birmingham's bid so it wasn't exactly 'news' to CCFC that the pitch would be in use and would have minimal attention given to it. 

Yep. And apparently the EFL had been asked to arrange the first 2 or 3 games to be away. Surely not that difficult 

14 hours ago, Skamp said:

Have you seen that BBC5 Live aren't doing the football scores at 5pm on a Saturday anymore?

Another tradition of getting back to the car/ coach in time to listen to the scores now gone.

Can't remember last time I actually heard that, Skamp.  The usual experience seems to be to get back to the car and find commentary from a game going on.  

It used to be a feature for decades: out of the home or away game, back to the transport, radio on: listen to the results - including Scottish - then general match reports. Then get back to discussing our own match amongst ourselves.  Now?  It simply doesn't occur to put the radio on. Who wants to listen to someone else's game at random when your mind is full of your own still, (unless it's one of those games you've forgotten by the time you've got out of the stadium. We've had plenty of those over recent seasons.)

11 hours ago, Tylluan said:

Just seen Rotherham's game at Coventry was called off yesterday after the Rugby 7s had carved the pitch up too much. 

That seems ridiculous.  Most rugby pitch damage you would think of coming from scrums: both set-pieces and loose: 16 big blokes putting all their immense collective strength down into the pitch via metal studded boots. On a wet day, that's going to cause a real mess. However, at Sevens the scrums are only 3 men each so rather nominal. Is that really going to tear up a pitch in a dry summer?