22-23 season non-Wednesday football tonight/ when Sky dictates

Annoying when your 18 year old starts ticking things off the bucket list before you get to do it.

Mate of his is a Spurs fan so got tickets for a Champions League game.

Not sure me holding to do that watching Wednesday holds much hope.

Of course a connection between the sides tonight and us. Won't test your intelligence on asking what

56 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Annoying when your 18 year old starts ticking things off the bucket list before you get to do it.

Mate of his is a Spurs fan so got tickets for a Champions League game.

Not sure me holding to do that watching Wednesday holds much hope.

Of course a connection between the sides tonight and us. Won't test your intelligence on asking what

Might help if you'd named 'em.  😉

1 hour ago, KrolMong said:

They are a brilliant side to watch are Napoli, not your average Italian defensive team.

Atalanta are too.

Both teams are not good without the ball, you end up in a shootout with both of them.

Radio 5 were saying the Ajax Napoli fixtures would decide who finishes third. After watching Napoli tonight it could be Liverpool playing Thursday nights. 

41 minutes ago, Paul from Wisewood said:

UEFA obviously deem themselves bigger than her majesty 

Probably too late to cancel the Man Utd, Arsenal, and West Ham games and too messy to rearrange at such short notice due to it affecting multiple leagues

Edited by Tylluan

Pitiful scenes at Tynecastle last night (even ignoring the dreadful performance on the pitch).

They announced the passing of the Queen and did a minute silence. This quickly led to someone shouting "FTQ" (the full words) in a rather loud voice. Others booed this 'gesture'. Another group began singing 'God Save the Queen' in response, leading to more booing. Embarrassing is an understatement.

Now, I'm not a royalist but the Queen is (was) a fantastic lady. And, regardless of your views, whatever possesses a 'human being' to 'protest' in such a way at that particular time?

Even if it was someone I'm not in favour of (e.g. Nicola Sturgeon or a cyclist), I would quite happily look at my phone or read a newspaper (quietly, obviously!) during the silence. I most certainly wouldn't go shouting anything. It's only 60 seconds ffs. Not exactly a hardship.

So, to the chap who instigated things last night, hang your head in shame. I hope they track you down and you get hanged for treason. Fucking scum 🥵

31 minutes ago, EastCraigsOwl said:

Pitiful scenes at Tynecastle last night (even ignoring the dreadful performance on the pitch).

They announced the passing of the Queen and did a minute silence. This quickly led to someone shouting "FTQ" (the full words) in a rather loud voice. Others booed this 'gesture'. Another group began singing 'God Save the Queen' in response, leading to more booing. Embarrassing is an understatement.

Now, I'm not a royalist but the Queen is (was) a fantastic lady. And, regardless of your views, whatever possesses a 'human being' to 'protest' in such a way at that particular time?

Even if it was someone I'm not in favour of (e.g. Nicola Sturgeon or a cyclist), I would quite happily look at my phone or read a newspaper (quietly, obviously!) during the silence. I most certainly wouldn't go shouting anything. It's only 60 seconds ffs. Not exactly a hardship.

So, to the chap who instigated things last night, hang your head in shame. I hope they track you down and you get hanged for treason. Fucking scum 🥵

"a cyclist"      🤣

That's a fair comment. He's so scary, has a massive presence, his pace belies his physical shape and running style, and his ability to just be in the right place. He's a throwback striker in the sense that he just comes alive inside the box. Not to play down his abilities with the ball, but he doesn't fuck about. If there's a goal to be scored, he's after it. No fancy, step over bollocks, just gets the job done. 

2 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

That's a fair comment. He's so scary, has a massive presence, his pace belies his physical shape and running style, and his ability to just be in the right place. He's a throwback striker in the sense that he just comes alive inside the box. Not to play down his abilities with the ball, but he doesn't fuck about. If there's a goal to be scored, he's after it. No fancy, step over bollocks, just gets the job done. 

I've never seen a bloke at 6ft4 with that turn of pace 

I don’t think we’ve scratched the surface with Haaland. He’s playing the width of the box and benefiting from all those genius midfield players that City have, but at Dortmund a lot of his goals came from him being set free down the middle from the halfway line and just leaving everyone for dead. He’ll be a monster against teams who have more ball and defend up the pitch against City.

• Like 1