22-23 season non-Wednesday football tonight/ when Sky dictates

Klopp is going to stick up for his player; I’ve no issue with that. How he’s doing it. Makes him look a belter. 

People criticising TAA’s performance on the pitch. I’ve no issue with that. 
people ABUSING TAA or any other player because of how they performed. I don’t agree with. 

We're in the age of the anonymous keyboard warrior where the little short cocks wouldn't dare say a fraction of the vitriol they spout online in front of the person they target.

I know it's easy to say 'ignore them' but that's the best thing to do. 

That said. It's about time twitter and Facebook were brought to account for the content contained on their platform. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Skamp said:

We're in the age of the anonymous keyboard warrior where the little short cocks wouldn't dare say a fraction of the vitriol they spout online in front of the person they target.

I know it's easy to say 'ignore them' but that's the best thing to do. 

That said. It's about time twitter and Facebook were brought to account for the content contained on their platform. 

These points are very salient.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

Watched some of the highlights from the Chelsea game and found myself wondering why everyone's creaming themselves over Alexander-Arnold, Reece James is a far better all round player

It’s TAA’s previous quality with the ball, that’s all. Defending has never been his strongpoint. 

37 minutes ago, EastCraigsOwl said:

Aye, wonderful. Outclassed again by a far superior, big spending outfit.

At least Hearts have earned some money from the 'adventure'. That's the main positive out of all of this now.

Not a lot surely, can't be much coin in this competition is there.

18 hours ago, Beaconowl said:

Anyone watching the Man Utd game? The Omonia (Cyprus) defender heading the crossbar 😳. Never seen that before

I didn't watch it, but noticed a few posts on social media laughing about something re Ronaldo... I'm guessing it's because he didn't get his 700th goal or whatever it is?

1 hour ago, Reesh said:

Not a lot surely, can't be much coin in this competition is there.

Qualification for the group stages is €2.94m alone.

A win in the group matches = €500K

A draw in the group matches = €166K

Add in TV monies for each of the 6 matches, plus the Europa League play-off ties against Zurich.

When Hearts beat RFS in Latvia in match 2, that was €500K gratefully received. It would be nice to gain at least one more win from the remaining 3 fixtures but we'll see.

The prize money isn't overly much lower than the Europa League. For example:

Qualification for the group stages = €3.63m

A win in the group matches = €630K

A draw in the group matches = €210K

(Add TV monies again)

Obviously, the big dosh comes in the Champions League. Unfortunately, there's absolutely no chance of qualifying for that competition any time soon!

2 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

I didn't watch it, but noticed a few posts on social media laughing about something re Ronaldo... I'm guessing it's because he didn't get his 700th goal or whatever it is?

He missed some right sitters. 🤣

we only watched the game as I was with my son, who had been posted to Cyprus a few years back and would go to all the Omonia home games 

Hutch booked and subbed tonight for Reading.

Just out ITV on and noticed the England women’s team are beating the USA.

There’s just been a penalty given to the Americans. Handball. It went to VAR and wasn’t given. 
No issue with that, it wasn’t handball. But my god it was so obviously not handball in the first place, it hit Beth Mead on the arse and she’d turned her body away, with her arms nowhere near the ball ! Ridiculously bad decision from the referee

3 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

There’s just been a penalty given to the Americans. Handball. It went to VAR and wasn’t given. 
No issue with that, it wasn’t handball. But my god it was so obviously not handball in the first place, it hit Beth Mead on the arse and she’d turned her body away, with her arms nowhere near the ball ! Ridiculously bad decision from the referee

I've just caught up with the Blackburn debacle at Cardiff 

12 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Another shocking decision in that game was by VAR. USA scored a really good breakaway goal which was then overturned by VAR / the ref. for offside.  We were then shown what the ref had been. You couldn't tell that she was offside: they were miles away, at a big, awful angle to judge, and there was just as much chance she was onside as off.  How can that possibly be "a clear and obvious mistake"?

The studio 'panel' were all very pro England but one recently retired player gave it the, "If that had been England they'd have been more than dissappointed", and Ian Wright went mental about it.  Not what VAT is for. Ridiculous. Ruled out a superb goal for nothing.

I can't stand that bloke but he was absolutely right, IMO, last night.  

Just been looking for the stats to back my assertion up, and it appears that he’s improved in recent years. A few years ago it was awful, he had a spell where he missed five in eight.

It seems Man City’s penalty record is pretty poor overall, so perhaps Mahrez is their best bet after all.

6 hours ago, cheat said:

Just been looking for the stats to back my assertion up, and it appears that he’s improved in recent years. A few years ago it was awful, he had a spell where he missed five in eight.

It seems Man City’s penalty record is pretty poor overall, so perhaps Mahrez is their best bet after all.

Hotshot Hamish Haaland would be surely.

We're NOT in the next lot of Sky Sports matches chosen for coverage. 

Friday 18 November - Portsmouth v Derby County - 8.00pm

Saturday 19 November - Exeter City v Ipswich Town - 12.00pm

Sunday 4 December - Wycombe Wanderers v Portsmouth - 12.30pm

Saturday 10 December - Blackburn Rovers v Preston North End - 12.00pm

Sunday 11 December - Queens Park Rangers v Burnley - 1.00pm

Monday 12 December - Sunderland v West Bromwich Albion - 8.00pm

Friday 16 December - Birmingham City v Reading - 8.00pm

Saturday 17 December - Norwich City v Blackburn Rovers - 5.30pm

Sunday 18 December - Luton Town v Millwall - 12.00pm

Monday 19 December - Wigan Athletic v Sheffield United - 8.00pm

I noticed on the highlights programme that Derby had the open away end (1,800) and all of the stand opposite the camera (1,100) at Accrington

So 2,900 Derby in a crowd of 4,879 (capacity 5,450)

I don't see any reason why we shouldn't get the same number of tickets which would be great for those of us just under the priority points that get a ticket for 1,800/2,000 games

1 hour ago, HarrySpeakup said:

I noticed on the highlights programme that Derby had the open away end (1,800) and all of the stand opposite the camera (1,100) at Accrington

So 2,900 Derby in a crowd of 4,879 (capacity 5,450)

I don't see any reason why we shouldn't get the same number of tickets which would be great for those of us just under the priority points that get a ticket for 1,800/2,000 games

They had 2600 like we got