22-23 season non-Wednesday football tonight/ when Sky dictates

18 minutes ago, holmesfield_owl said:

Plymouth only draw at Bolton, man sent off too.

They play Ipswich next week. We are 5pts behind with a game in hand. Would love them to draw and us beat Wycombe, put it in our hands. Even an Ipswich win  if we win too

Kachunga missed a chance to win it in time added on.

Shite ****.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, holmesfield_owl said:

Plymouth only draw at Bolton, man sent off too.

They play Ipswich next week. We are 5pts behind with a game in hand. Would love them to draw and us beat Wycombe, put it in our hands. Even an Ipswich win  if we win too

It's already in our hands, Win every game and we are champions

• Like 1

12 hours ago, owl4ever1867 said:

Blimey.....

Villa 1-2 Stevenage.

Villa have man sent off in 86th minute, Stevenage then go & score in 88th & 90th minute to win!

Love that. Proper FA Cup stuff. 

But it wasn't live on TV was it... ? City v Chelsea that we've already seen twice this season (once in the League cup) and will do again when they meet each other in the league. Potential giant killing games now, when the smaller clubs are involved. 

Show the big boys in the latter stages.

9 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Fair enough, but even so. I still think it deserved a bigger audience and national broadcast. Even the Chesterfield v West Brom game I think should have been up for consideration more than Man City V Chelsea. 

Tbf I think the BBC realise this but imagine the shit they would get if it wasn't picked 

On the presumption Arse beat Oxford tonight then that game will be on 

One of them or ITV will stick pick Man U v Reading as well 

5 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Fair enough, but even so. I still think it deserved a bigger audience and national broadcast. Even the Chesterfield v West Brom game I think should have been up for consideration more than Man City V Chelsea. 

I've long since taken the stance of not watching any televised 'league match in drag' if the TV companies choose to ignore a proper cup tie in the same round.

For example, take the League Cup QF's this midweek - ManU vs Charlton is not being shown, so I won't be watching Newcastle vs Leicester or Southampton vs Man City. I also deliberately missed City vs Liverpool, for example, in a previous round on the same basis.

In the FA Cup, I completely ignored ManU vs Everton on Friday night, Liverpool vs Wolves on Saturday and City vs Chelsea yesterday. I'm happy to watch the highlights, but disagree with it being on live.

Obviously, I realise my 'boycott' is never going to hurt the TV companies and I understand why they show such matches but, stuff it, I've got better things to do with my time than watch 'repeats'.

33 minutes ago, owl4ever1867 said:

I'd rather watch Chesterfield vs WBA than Man City vs Chelsea, 

Gives more of a financial windfall to Chesterfield who need the money a damn sight more than Man City do.

It's the magic of underdogs in this competition that get fans watching.

It certainly is on 'Third Round Day', as we used to all call it.  

• Like 1

I disagree with most of the BBC bashing that goes on, but in regard to which matches they show I’m drawn to their charter which I believe has something along the lines of “catering for everyone”, “supporting minorities”. 

It’s with that in mind that the BBC supported the growth in the likes of snooker, darts, skiing and introduced MOTD. So when it comes to live football they should leave the commercial games to the commercial channels that rely on viewing figures to drive advertising revenue and look elsewhere from the big six and show more of the smaller clubs and potential giant killings instead.

On the other hand, perhaps the BBC have had their funding squeezed so much that they too are now reliant on commercial sources (e.g. overseas sales) so have to take the same approach as Sky / ITV.

21 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Slightly obscure one, but watching this week's GPs Behind Closed Doors - which was filmed in Swindon

Who should pop up as a patient - one and only

Lee Peacock

Actually interesting case that his knees are knackered and have been for years, so the pain relief he takes basically as Nil effect 

He’s been on about that on Facebook today. Said he didn’t want to be filmed but needed to see someone so thought fuck it!