The Star is shit thread

Reesh

16 minutes ago, Tewksbury said:

These things naturally ebb and flow, usually with results.

My biggest issue is the exaggeration of anything that happens, however minor and the gaslighting.

The 2 biggest reasons for protesters at the minute seem to be his 2 outbursts this season, however they quote your version.

Chansiri saying he won't fund the club because of abuse to his family has become Chansiri has refused to fund the club. No mention of fan abuse or the fact that he paid for Rohl immediately after.

The tax bill. Why don't you pay it? Everyone knows it was rhetorical, the bill was paid the next day and was caused by a cash flow issue, presumably due to the sacking of Munoz and getting Röhl in. But this has become he has run out of money and needs the fans to pay his tax bill.

You are presumably reasonably intelligent blokes, you know these statements are being taken out of context and are actually not that bad. You've released enough dodgy statements this season to know that getting your message across isn't as easy as it looks and English is your native language.

The issue is, many of your followers don't. Your truth is their truth.

As the on field criticisms of this season are gradually becoming irrelevant, the narrative is going back to 3 years ago, but if it was that bad, where were the protests last season or the season before following relegation when things were objectively worse?

The other issue is that when any of these questions ate asked you ignore them completely and go for the low hanging fruit.

If you could address the actual issues of your detractors, then maybe they'd be a bit more civil.

These things naturally ebb and flow, usually with results.

Agreed and it's a frustration of mine. It's noticeable that a decent chunk of our fans don't see a bigger picture (IMO). Perhaps the nature of a large portion of football fans in general. But the reduction in engagement after a couple of good results has always seemed plain wrong to me but lots are fickle.

My biggest issue is the exaggeration of anything that happens, however minor and the gaslighting.

Agree that no doubt that happens on occasions (IMO there's enough concerns / evidence of the same without any need to exaggerate anything at all)

The 2 biggest reasons for protesters at the minute seem to be his 2 outbursts this season, however they quote your version.

For some perhaps, i'm honestly not sure. My own reasons (and a large number of those I speak to) are doing so entirely based on a catalogue of reasons that have built up over the year. 

Chansiri saying he won't fund the club because of abuse to his family has become Chansiri has refused to fund the club. No mention of fan abuse or the fact that he paid for Rohl immediately after.

Unfair this; 1867group have on radio and in written statements criticised any form of abuse to the chairman. 

The tax bill. Why don't you pay it? Everyone knows it was rhetorical, the bill was paid the next day and was caused by a cash flow issue, presumably due to the sacking of Munoz and getting Röhl in. But this has become he has run out of money and needs the fans to pay his tax bill.

A topic that no doubt divides opinion. The fact that DC approached journalists to get this out says a lot to me. I personally think it was a disgraceful thing to do - perhaps i'm wrong but it appeared to be a way trying to put the fear into certain fans and was almost a call for more respect / gratitude. I wasn't shocked at all to see the bill paid. Re his general finances I really don't know but have had concerns regarding this - the incidents of players not being paid, lack of investment in various things, statements and what a appears to always be a need to get funds from tickets etc as early as possible. 

You are presumably reasonably intelligent blokes, you know these statements are being taken out of context and are actually not that bad. You've released enough dodgy statements this season to know that getting your message across isn't as easy as it looks and English is your native language.

Agree that no doubt the second language thing doesn't help. Have always thought it would be so much better if he puts people in roles and gives them the freedom to do their jobs and things like that wouldn't even come back. 

The issue is, many of your followers don't. Your truth is their truth.

I think people have a personal responsibility for their own views. This is where perhaps where I and some on here disagree with what a protest group should be and what their roles and responsibilities should or shouldn't be. 

As the on field criticisms of this season are gradually becoming irrelevant, the narrative is going back to 3 years ago, but if it was that bad, where were the protests last season or the season before following relegation when things were objectively worse?

Further up you referred to protests being because of 2 statements from this season but here state the narrative is based on 3 years ago? Me personally, my views and involvement in any protests is based on what i've seen over a collective 9 years. I had a lot of concerns after year one. Clearly i'd have been laughed out of town if i'd have suggested protests then. I was shocked there were no protests after the stadium sale debacle, points deduction and relegation. During the last season in league one I thought DC did plenty of good things and had learnt various lessons (I happily told him this last summer when I met him). My view though since that promotion is that there's a number of incidents that to me show he's not changed and is incapable of running the club properly. 

The other issue is that when any of these questions ate asked you ignore them completely and go for the low hanging fruit.

If there's any examples of this i'd happily respond with my view. From the fairly limited engagement I've had with the 1867 guys to date, I honestly thing they would too. I genuinely think if you or anyone messaged them with particularly issues / questions as you suggest that they'd happily address and respond. 

If you could address the actual issues of your detractors, then maybe they'd be a bit more civil.

as above

• Like 1

What financial credentials do you have that qualifies you to comment on DC's monetary position @bazapeps

It's been explained time and afuckinggain that the players wages issue was down to the change in stance by the Thai government in regards to money leaving the country

3 hours ago, bazapeps said:

For full disclosure whilst there's plenty of comments and contribution on OT that I agree with, there's plenty I dont and I especially dont like some of the responses / almost mocking type of replies that some provide (along with the responses where some falsely categorise comments that aren't a bashing, as though people are part of some sort of DC fan club). 

Fair enough, "your money pay for nothing"     "why you no sell your house"  and numerous other racist ridicule are the ones that really make me fucking sick.

6 hours ago, Reesh said:

What financial credentials do you have that qualifies you to comment on DC's monetary position @bazapeps

It's been explained time and afuckinggain that the players wages issue was down to the change in stance by the Thai government in regards to money leaving the country

So it’s DC fault then 🤪

You can’t tell some people, facts are just conspiracy to some of these fuckwits.

And of course if we stay up DC will be blamed for us not getting promoted like Ipswich (I know they might not!)

11 hours ago, Billysboy said:

Fair enough, "your money pay for nothing"     "why you no sell your house"  and numerous other racist ridicule are the ones that really make me fucking sick.

It's the fact that when I frequented the Politics section on there, I was once reported to the admin on there for alleged racism that was way less than stuff now openly stated. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

He hasn't said in his self arsed statement with the Hillsborough back drop. 

Probably rock up as the pigs new press officer 

Or Hargreaves publicist and ghost writer

Edited by Tylluan

6 hours ago, Tylluan said:

He hasn't said in his self arsed statement with the Hillsborough back drop. 

Probably rock up as the pigs new press officer 

Or Hargreaves publicist and ghost writer

There is 2 halves to the statement and in a bit I read he said, " I will still be doing plenty of bits about Wednesday
for National World and The Star" whoever National World are.

Well, is there no end to the good news coming out of Hillsborough. What with the recent news of the training facilities being upgraded we now have word of DC trying already to extend DR's contract.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/new-danny-rohl-contract-part-of-sheffield-wednesdays-future-plans-4620144

As far as further investment in the club infrastructure and team goes, maybe DC has some funds and wiggle room, could it be he was just waiting for the right manager to come along pripor to splashing anymore cash.

I have seen SM posts where some pigs are praying somebody comes and snatches DR away and that is testament to how our future is looking under the partnership of DC and DR. Slowly but surely the critics will evaporate.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Alan Finney said:

Well, is there no end to the good news coming out of Hillsborough. What with the recent news of the training facilities being upgraded we now have word of DC trying already to extend DR's contract.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/new-danny-rohl-contract-part-of-sheffield-wednesdays-future-plans-4620144

As far as further investment in the club infrastructure and team goes, maybe DC has some funds and wiggle room, could it be he was just waiting for the right manager to come along pripor to splashing anymore cash.

I have seen SM posts where some pigs are praying somebody comes and snatches DR away and that is testament to how our future is looking under the partnership of DC and DR. Slowly but surely the critics will evaporate.

Hopefully this will put Rob Staton and his little snippets of unsettling sound bites back in their box.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Hopefully this will put Rob Staton and his little snippets of unsettling sound bites back in their box.

He's been at it again today.

8 minutes ago, JBO said:

Some ridiculous shit stirring from Staton on RS right now. The club is in "chaos" again apparently 

I listened to phone in a couple of times last week and some of stuff they were coming out with was pathetic, all they wanted to do was read out via emails and messages everything negative about club, I'm certain that some of stuff sent in is not from Wednesday fans, I think Staton and his gang know this but still make out its from Wednesday fans to stir things, they are hitching for Rohl to leave so they can have hours of calls from unhappy supporters slagging Chansiri off. 

I think Chansiri is there problem because he won't entertain any of them with interviews. 

Now when it comes down to Wilder they make out he's some hero and every thing is going to be fine at S2, they keep going on about him taking them up last time from league one to Premier league but they hardly mention his failures at Boro and Watford and how crap Utd have been this season under him. 

Next love is going to be Steve Evans because he's always up for interviews with them and loves a good joke, they ignore what he got up too at previous clubs he's managed. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Donny Rovers?

I wanted them to win other night but I did find it quite funny when they lost. Fans were making out after 2-0 win at Crewe as though it was all done and they were a league one team, they sounded as though they had watched a Real Madrid performance at Crewe. 

13 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Eh.  How is it in chaos?

Rohl didn't sign a 37 year contract within 25 seconds of the final whistle at Sunderland.  A clear sign he's leaving 

• Haha 3

Rohl is taking his time on announcement of retained list of players who's being offered deals and those who can leave.

He will want to speak to the players first. 

RUFC announced there's straight away last week with lot of em leaving who were out of contract, Evans probably told players straight away after final whistle v Cardiff. 

I'm sure Star and radio Sheffield would prefer to be told first before players. 

• Haha 1

Rohl said in an interview at some point that who got released was based on who he could get in to replace them.

The funny thing is, they'll be ecstatic if we retain loads of players, but retaining too many will be a sign for concern because Röhl doesn't think he can replace them.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tewksbury said:

Rohl said in an interview at some point that who got released was based on who he could get in to replace them.

The funny thing is, they'll be ecstatic if we retain loads of players, but retaining too many will be a sign for concern because Röhl doesn't think he can replace them.

the usual telling people what they think 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

My guesses - Likely that Bakinson, Fletcher, Hendrick, Dawson, Brennan, Momo, Pederson, Gregory and Byers will be the definite leavers with their contracts/loans expiring. Smith might attract interest and be allowed to leave. Maybe even Ihekwei too. James might be easier to move on as I doubt that his wages will be as big an obstacle as the other two.

Iorfa, Palmer, Bannan, Windass, Vaulks and Bernard I reckon will be offered new deals though how many agree to stay on the terms offered will be interesting. Proven solid Championship performers.   As with Luongo a couple if season's ago I expect that there will be deadlines to facilitate  finding replacements where required. 

I think the club has a one year option on Paterson, whether it's taken up may depend on how high the wages obligation is. 

It's going to be a busy summer!

Edited by Teddy Nickelarse

5 minutes ago, bazapeps said:

the usual telling people what they think 

This is about the Star.

Who are banging on like mad about the amount of players leaving, so to assume that they'll be ecstatic if a lot of them stay, especially the likes of Windass, Bannan and Palmer, isn't much of a stretch.

So where, again, am I telling anyone what to think?

I am making a point that a big clear out, based on Röhl's comments, will indicate that Röhl has the confidence to replace them with upgrades, a big retained list indicates the opposite. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Tewksbury said:

This is about the Star.

Who are banging on like mad about the amount of players leaving, so to assume that they'll be ecstatic if a lot of them stay, especially the likes of Windass, Bannan and Palmer, isn't much of a stretch.

So where, again, am I telling anyone what to think?

I am making a point that a big clear out, based on Röhl's comments, will indicate that Röhl has the confidence to replace them with upgrades, a big retained list indicates the opposite. 

Personally thank that this is simplistic - apologies.

Just with players that we pretty much know will be leaving at the end of their agreements there'll be a need to recruit 9 or 10 - a big task already.  In reality there may be a couple more with contracted players- on big wages - not getting much game time under Röhl who he'd  likely prefer to move on.

Offering fresh terms to players that Röhl  clearly values would IMO just indicate a prudent evolution.

3 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Personally thank that this is simplistic - apologies.

Just with players that we pretty much know will be leaving at the end of their agreements there'll be a need to recruit 9 or 10 - a big task already.  In reality there may be a couple more with contracted players not getting much game time under Röhl who he'd  likely prefer to move on.

Offering fresh terms to players that Röhl  clearly values would IMO just indicate a prudent evolution.

Is it?

Does Röhl clearly value, or is he making do? We're playing the way our squad dictates.

He's on record as saying he wants to play with 2 x 6s.

He wants to play a back 4.

When we've tried it, it's been a disaster, due to not having the players to fit it.

Bannan stops the midfield 2 working, it's why we have Baz and Vaulks, with Palmer floating between defence and mid. Half of our setup is covering for Bannan. But he doesn't warrant it anymore.

We have no decent LB, so wingbacks it is. If Pederson had been fit, James better, or we had signed Schultz, we'd be playing a back 4 and Johnson wouldn't get a look in.

Chansiri seems to have a very "got one at home" type of man.

So if we already have players for these positions, is he going to fund more or tell Röhl to work with what we have?

Everybody bangs on about Ipswich, but their system is based on having a system, then recruiting to fill it.

We do the opposite and if we want to move forward and see what Röhl can really do, then we need to cut nearly all the long standing players loose.

• Like 1

This transfer window / closed season period  will be very illuminating and bring a few surprises regarding the new squad.

I'd be signing Schulz if it was me and that will be the only thing the Nevs will be able to moan about.

Watch this space

1 minute ago, Tewksbury said:

Is it?

Does Röhl clearly value, or is he making do? We're playing the way our squad dictates.

He's on record as saying he wants to play with 2 x 6s.

He wants to play a back 4.

When we've tried it, it's been a disaster, due to not having the players to fit it.

Bannan stops the midfield 2 working, it's why we have Baz and Vaulks, with Palmer floating between defence and mid. Half of our setup is covering for Bannan. But he doesn't warrant it anymore.

We have no decent LB, so wingbacks it is. If Pederson had been fit, James better, or we had signed Schultz, we'd be playing a back 4 and Johnson wouldn't get a look in.

Chansiri seems to have a very "got one at home" type of man.

So if we already have players for these positions, is he going to fund more or tell Röhl to work with what we have?

Everybody bangs on about Ipswich, but their system is based on having a system, then recruiting to fill it.

We do the opposite and if we want to move forward and see what Röhl can really do, then we need to cut nearly all the long standing players loose.

It will evolve dramatically over the next two summers with tweaks in January. With the raft of new players that we already know will need to come in we'll need solid players like Bannan, Vaulks, Palmer etc to help with the evolution though they may not be automatic first choices. I suspect that Röhl values them more than you do which is why I am co fident that they'll  be offered fresh terms - commensurate with their ages and value. We'll  know soon enough.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

It will evolve dramatically over the next two summers with tweaks in January. With the raft of new players that we already know will need to come in we'll need solid players like Bannan, Vaulks, Palmer etc to help with the evolution though they may not be automatic first choices. I suspect that Röhl values them more than you do which is why I am co fident that they'll  be offered fresh terms - commensurate with their ages and value. We'll  know soon enough.

See, I'm not sure how much influence Röhl has on Barry staying.

BB has said that Chansiri has said that as long as he has legs, he has a contract. Barry also believes that he's too good for L1, so I can't see him accepting a supporting role, and he has enough influence in the dressing room and at the club to fuck us if he throws his teddy out.

Look at the Boro game. "It's hard to captain when you don't know if you have a contract". The only players really affected in that game were the ones mentioned above.

Also, on a personal note, the fact that he would leave if we went down, means all loyalty is now gone, offer him a contract, but offer him a low one and see how much interest he gets. I'll bet it's nowhere near what he thinks.

We're where we are due to keeping overpaid players well past time, and now it's time for the current crop.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Tewksbury said:

See, I'm not sure how much influence Röhl has on Barry staying.

BB has said that Chansiri has said that as long as he has legs, he has a contract. Barry also believes that he's too good for L1, so I can't see him accepting a supporting role, and he has enough influence in the dressing room and at the club to fuck us if he throws his teddy out.

Look at the Boro game. "It's hard to captain when you don't know if you have a contract". The only players really affected in that game were the ones mentioned above.

Also, on a personal note, the fact that he would leave if we went down, means all loyalty is now gone, offer him a contract, but offer him a low one and see how much interest he gets. I'll bet it's nowhere near what he thinks.

We're where we are due to keeping overpaid players well past time, and now it's time for the current crop.

I think it fair to say that our opinions on Bannan are irreconcilably different.

I agree with the bit in bold and have stated that whilst I expect contracts to be offered to Bannan, Palmer, Vaulks and Windass the length of term and remuneration must be appropriate. The way the wage bill has contracted in the last couple of years suggests that lessons have been learned.  They may decline terms offered. I suspect that Danny is pragmatic as well as being a very talented manager/coach and that we'll see that evidenced when the retained list is announced. 

On a tangent I think that we'll  soon hear confirmation that DR will be the one leading us forward. 

8 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

I think it fair to say that our opinions on Bannan are irreconcilably different.

I agree with the bit in bold and have stated that whilst I expect contracts to be offered to Bannan, Palmer, Vaulks and Windass the length of term and remuneration must be appropriate. The way the wage bill has contracted in the last couple of years suggests that lessons have been learned.  They may decline terms offered. I suspect that Danny is pragmatic as well as being a very talented manager/coach and that we'll see that evidenced when the retained list is announced. 

On a tangent I think that we'll  soon hear confirmation that DR will be the one leading us forward. 

Bannan is living off the past.

It's a different game where teamwork, physicality and discipline win games.

Yes, he can find a pass, but these days so can most midfielders, he's nothing special anymore. Definitely not special enough to have your whole team based on him, which is the only reason he's still relevant.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tewksbury said:

Bannan is living off the past.

It's a different game where teamwork, physicality and discipline win games.

Yes, he can find a pass, but these days so can most midfielders, he's nothing special anymore. Definitely not special enough to have your whole team based on him, which is the only reason he's still relevant.

I expect him to be offered terms. I don’t  for one nano second expect Danny to base the whole team around him. 

34 minutes ago, Tewksbury said:

Scenario:

Bannan gets informed he's not getting a new contract. Let's say he then storms into a Teams chat saying, "aw tae fuck, man, that Gerry **** hasnae offered me a new deal. Whey the fuck diz he think he is? Ahm no happy. Efter ivrythin ah've done for this club. Fuckin' erse. Am fuckin' gutted, so ah am. Time tae cause some bother lads. Are ye all in?"

If you're a current player who DR has offered a new deal, what do you do?

a - sign the contract, join forces with Bazza and disrupt for a couple of weeks before being shown the door for gross misconduct (or, more likely, left to rot in the reserves for 2 / 3 years); or

b - appreciate that your manager rates you enough and wants you to be part of his plans. Tough shit Baz, that's football mate.

9 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Why would we require to have that confirmed if he's under contract?

He's pretty much here until he leaves. There's nothing to confirm.

6 minutes ago, EastCraigsOwl said:

Scenario:

Bannan gets informed he's not getting a new contract. Let's say he then storms into a Teams chat saying, "aw tae fuck, man, that Gerry **** hasnae offered me a new deal. Whey the fuck diz he think he is? Ahm no happy. Efter ivrythin ah've done for this club. Fuckin' erse. Am fuckin' gutted, so ah am. Time tae cause some bother lads. Are ye all in?"

a - sign the contract, join forces with Bazza and disrupt for a couple of weeks before being shown the door for gross misconduct (or, more likely, left to rot in the reserves for 2 / 3 years); or

b - appreciate that your manager rates you enough and wants you to be part of his plans. Tough shit Baz, that's football mate.

Has anyone thought that the reason they haven't offered contracts is to avoid this exact situation?

2 minutes ago, EastCraigsOwl said:

Scenario:

I don't require confirmation. Some evidently do especially the anti DC brigade. Just thought I'd add a bit of a positive that's all. Just something I heard from a good source. Any confirmation would likely be in the form of extended contract announcement or merely him returning from his break and getting stuck into next season's preparations