The Star is shit thread

Reesh

Just now, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Why do you? All you do is call people *****, tell them to fuck off and threaten to ban them.

Embarrassing  

I have not called anyone a **** for a while, glad you realise you're embarrassing, now do me a favour and go away for a bit, I've got some work to do!

5 hours ago, Andyben said:

So @Neville Facking Bartosthis summer/season the recruitment team were responsible for signing the following:

Hits - Bernard, Musaba*, Gassama*

Maybe B Diaby, Pol V., Delgado, Vasquez, Danny Rohl + team

Miss - Hendrick, Buckley, M. Diaby, Fletcher, James Xisco Munez + Team

Loans are in italics and could be returned in January.

Question is, would you trust the same team to improve the squad in January? If not - what would you expect the Chairman to do.

Should he back his current coaching team and try to bring in their preferred recruitment staff which includes negotiating their release from other clubs, or stick with what he's got and trust them to sign a new keeper, LB/LWB, 2 Centre Mids and at least one  striker?

Not disagreeing with the gist of this, but I think it is harsh to call Momo Diaby a 'miss'. I thought he looked pretty good / the standout player in the hour or so that he played before getting injured. Who knows, maybe if he hadn't got injured the season might've gone a bit differently.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kaveman said:

Not disagreeing with the gist of this, but I think it is harsh to call Momo Diaby a 'miss'. I thought he looked pretty good / the standout player in the hour or so that he played before getting injured. Who knows, maybe if he hadn't got injured the season might've gone a bit differently.

He's played an hour all season.

Its a miss.

18 minutes ago, Snap said:

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-contract-bailey-cadamarteri-owls-4412999

Here we go again, the so called Wednesdayite takes another pop, posted to that other place under his own username, he's not so much as reporting it's more of playing to the audience.

He's all jovial in them press conferences, keeps it low key, picks his questions up from here (the Delgado one was a classic) mainly then takes to the keyboard and starts sniping. 

I know you're reading Crann so it's time to grow a pair. If you want to just continuously snipe at the club have the balls to ask some tough questions in the PC, and start thinking of your own.

That's atrocious journalism. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snap said:

To save anyone time just in case they can't be arsed. Crann has used some poetic licence by attempting to show some of our loan players as though they were contracted to us and not their parent club. Disingenuous at best IMO. The list he speaks about, to save you time and with my own comments are.

Gregory-His time is up.

Dawson- Be glad to see the back of him.

Palmer- Has to go now.

Bannan- Bit part next season should he want it, i've a feeling Rohl will want rid though.

Windass- Move him on.

Vaulks-I'd keep for the bench but seems out of favour. 

Iorfa- Get him signed up.

Byers- As with Big Dom, keep him.

Bakinson- Just not up to it, what was Munoz seeing?

Barnard- Average but appears he thinks he's better. Potential, offer him the going rate and then wave bye bye when he knocks it back.

Hendrick- Not our player and will more than likely be gone in January.

Vasquez- Not ours.

Buckley-Not our player and will more than likely be gone in January.

Momo Diaby-WTF, haven't a clue.

Fletcher-Not our player and will more than likely be gone in January.

Are you stupid by birth or by choice?

2 hours ago, Snap said:

Objection your Honour. Leading question.

Yes, he mentioned this the other day. Billy no mates off to Prague I think he said, asking for information on X. Thought he could've slotted a trip to SA his adopted country in.

Shame he couldn't. His chances of meeting his end violently are a lot less in Prague 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Snap said:

To save anyone time just in case they can't be arsed. Crann has used some poetic licence by attempting to show some of our loan players as though they were contracted to us and not their parent club. Disingenuous at best IMO. The list he speaks about, to save you time and with my own comments are.

Gregory-His time is up.

Dawson- Be glad to see the back of him.

Palmer- Has to go now.

Bannan- Bit part next season should he want it, i've a feeling Rohl will want rid though.

Windass- Move him on.

Vaulks-I'd keep for the bench but seems out of favour. 

Iorfa- Get him signed up.

Byers- As with Big Dom, keep him.

Bakinson- Just not up to it, what was Munoz seeing?

Barnard- Average but appears he thinks he's better. Potential, offer him the going rate and then wave bye bye when he knocks it back.

Hendrick- Not our player and will more than likely be gone in January.

Vasquez- Not ours.

Buckley-Not our player and will more than likely be gone in January.

Momo Diaby-WTF, haven't a clue.

Fletcher-Not our player and will more than likely be gone in January.

IMO from that list.

The only three I'd say definitely try to keep are Byers, Bernard and Windass. 

Other than that, I think Dawson MIGHT be kept as number 2, Iorfa might stick around if his current performances are anything to go by and Bannan as 'club captain'. 

The rest I think will be gone. 

13 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

IMO from that list.

The only three I'd say definitely try to keep are Byers, Bernard and Windass. 

Other than that, I think Dawson MIGHT be kept as number 2, Iorfa might stick around if his current performances are anything to go by and Bannan as 'club captain'. 

The rest I think will be gone. 

TBH I wouldnt bust a gut to keep those 3 either.

Windass - has talent but injured too often and inconsistent.

Byers - has averaged 23 games a season since he came. Needs to keep fit and show good form for rest of season to earn another deal IMO.

Bernard - decent on the deck but very average  in the air. Catch 22 as I suspect he sees us as a stepping stone ( hence only agreeing  a year deal) - does well he'll be looking elsewhere. Better than Bambo though.

9 hours ago, Snap said:

You'd see the lot gone then Teddy? ...........

From your original list I'd  keep Dom.

Keep Bannan on a contract that reflects that age will inevitably  diminish his abilities. Still one of our better players currently. 

I'm not as anti Dawson as some but we should look to improve. Vasquez will likely become a very good keeper in time. He isn't one yet though and he'll  be gone in the summer whatever. We need a genuine clear number 1 keeper and a competent understudy. Both of ours have flaws but are better than permanent bench warmers IMO. 

Palmer clearly not been fully fit since his operation. Assess at the end of the season along with Windass and Byers. Form and fitness for remainder of season will dictate. Jury out.

As I say it's Catch 22 with Bernard. Contracted 'til June - improves and he'll see his future elsewhere. Doesn't  improve and we shouldn't be falling over to tempt him to stay. Ideally he'd have been signed on a 3 year deal like Musaba and Gassama. Work in progress with potential. Do well and at worst we sell for a few bob.

Bar Momo the loanees could all go back for me in January if loan terms allow - not sure they do though. Obviously not seen enough of Momo to decide. 

Hopefully Johnson and James are only on one year deals.

Danny needs wiggle room to bring players in in January. We clearly have to offload some of the ballast to facilitate this.

9 hours ago, Snap said:

........I do love to hear other peoples views though, exactly like how this site operates, it really is a breath of fresh air. We can come on here, speak our minds without getting slaughtered, not like that..................errrrr, Twitter/X/The Wednesday Sing.

You can get salvos fired at you on here - just duck 🤣.

I've hardly wet my toes on X and the other one; not even that. 

It can be abrasive on here occasionally but there's an honesty that some sites (one in particular) don't have. As you say refreshing.

• Like 1

All depends on the level for next season, but, as far as I am concerned, we’d only look at…

1. If Byers stays fit, he stays.

2. I like Bernard, he can stay.

3. Iorfa has been decent, he can stay.

4. We need to see attacking stats from Windass, so goals and assists, if he carries on at this rate, he can go. Otherwise he can stay if we see him contributing.

5. Bannan is an odd one. Regardless of our league we need to be moving away from him but I wouldn’t necessarily get rid.

The rest, including some of the signings we made this summer can be bombed out of the club. Some are not up to the division below either.

6 minutes ago, Lee said:

Facebook post this morning worded as follows.

We asked people wre you cutting back on your spending this Christmas

It's frankly embarrassing, you see links to their mother paper "National World" they had a breaking headline that the GMC are reviewing Lucy Letbys nurses licence....that is deemed fucking breaking news.

Only right that when I slag them that I offer praise where due.

Decent piece by Alex Miller aside from suggesting we have only 18 points left to play for rather than 81

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/the-task-remains-brutal-but-sheffield-wednesday-have-done-something-some-thought-impossible-4431626

Edited by Reesh
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Snap said:

I think Joe needs cutting a bit of slack for a spell, he's on a bit of a downer at the moment. He's thinking that the new immigration rules (announced yesterday) are going to be working against him bringing his wife to the UK. I'm not 100%  sure he's correct on that but I suppose he has a good firm grip on the requirements.

I understand the £38k requirement for new workers coming but I'm not sure whether or not it applies to spouses of spouses, i.e. the UK resident wanting to bring a spouse.

I mean if he researched it properly it was referring to care workers where that wage limit still won't apply but in future not being permitted to bring in family. 

Fancy a journalist not doing detailed research first - because if he is a UK resident then she can probably enter the country if they are married. 

Tbh I don't know the specific rule on that but I would be finding the answer before griping on social media 

Edited by mkowl
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Snap said:

I think Joe needs cutting a bit of slack for a spell, he's on a bit of a downer at the moment. He's thinking that the new immigration rules (announced yesterday) are going to be working against him bringing his wife to the UK. I'm not 100%  sure he's correct on that but I suppose he has a good firm grip on the requirements.

I understand the £38k requirement for new workers coming but I'm not sure whether or not it applies to spouses of spouses, i.e. the UK resident wanting to bring a spouse.

Oops me having a pop at his research skills and he was right. I always noted Joe was a top journalist

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Snap said:

He is yes,  shit stirrer of the highest order.

Got me to thinking though about the points we'll get to the year end and what would be reasonable expectations. 

Fixtures are,

Stoke City (Away) 1pt

Norwich City (Away) 0pt

QPR (Home) 3pts

Cardiff City (Home) 3pts

Coventry City (Away) 1pt

Preston North End (Away) 0pt

8 points for me, not brilliant, but not too shabby either, anything more would be a bonus, less could be a disaster. We need 6pts as an absolute minimum.

If we want a shot at safety I'd hope for 10 points minimum.