The Star is shit thread

Reesh

4 hours ago, Tylluan said:

I've just dug the interview out and I got my sums wrong but Powell says this "My contract actually ends this June, I didn’t sign until the end of next year like everyone else."

I think we should encourage Powell to sign an extended contract.  IF Danny moves on in the next 18 months, he would be an ideal choice to take over

10 minutes ago, Sheffieldblue said:

I think we should encourage Powell to sign an extended contract.  IF Danny moves on in the next 18 months, he would be an ideal choice to take over

Powell says he's not interested in managing again 

1 hour ago, Sheffieldblue said:

Don't disagree, pal, but seem to remember him saying that he's done with being a manager and just wants to be a coach now. 

Stability off the pitch is absolutely vital in terms of the coaching staff we have right now. The admirers won’t just come from other clubs owners, but also, players talk to each other…. I can’t imagine many of the players here NOW would have bad words to say. 

25 minutes ago, Alan Finney said:

Thank god Biggs has a firm hand on the tiller. Quite obvious DC has been hanging on his every word. 10/10 for stating the fucking obvious.

Who's up next claiming credit.

Baldrick

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Alan Finney said:

Thank god Biggs has a firm hand on the tiller. Quite obvious DC has been hanging on his every word. 10/10 for stating the fucking obvious.

Who's up next claiming credit.

They're all at it. Doom even trying it even after linking Danny with every job going.

Tbf to DC he has backed his managers, it's a shame a lot of em were duds. I'm glad DC listened to the local hacks and took on board their salient points.

Cheeky fuckers the lost of em, spent all season trying to undermine and now they knew all along he was the real deal. pricks.

Watched an oppositions YouTube before end of season and Doom was the expert guest... Went on how Wednesday fans took time to attach to Danny but he could see he had something Utter tit, from memory the vast majority were on board from day 1. He was even stalked at the reserve game in his Moncler  

27 minutes ago, Ozzie said:

They're all at it. Doom even trying it even after linking Danny with every job going.

Tbf to DC he has backed his managers, it's a shame a lot of em were duds. I'm glad DC listened to the local hacks and took on board their salient points.

Cheeky fuckers the lost of em, spent all season trying to undermine and now they knew all along he was the real deal. pricks.

Watched an oppositions YouTube before end of season and Doom was the expert guest... Went on how Wednesday fans took time to attach to Danny but he could see he had something Utter tit, from memory the vast majority were on board from day 1. He was even stalked at the reserve game in his Moncler  

Yeah, and if it all goes tits up you'll not see any of the feckers for dust.😂😂😂

Well the Star has hit a new low even for that pile of crap .

The main Wednesday headline is about the 1867 statement with a picture of the protest banner telling DC to get out of our club .

Just how low can they get

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Ozzie said:

I think most were relieved to see Xisco leave. 

I will readily admit my expectation was simply that Rohl would stem that particular rot but there was not enough quality in the squad and in depth to fundamentally change the outcome. 

And I still think to Rohls absolute credit he overachieved with that squad. Helped they had a goal and points total to fight for. 

One aspect of the comments yesterday was "getting us in the top 10". Not proclaiming the play offs or autos. I appreciate positions 1 - 6 are just that, but the ambition this forthcoming season is not going to be over stated. 

The fan base need to appreciate that this will take a degree of patience, you always hear of 2 maybe 3 transfer windows to turn this around. Because we are realistically only going to go upwards in a similar way to Ipswich or Luton. Financially it's impossible to compete against the parachute payment clubs.

Hopefully Rohl gets the support by Chansiri - on the infrastructure etc. That to me is way more important backing that is required, not the transfer market

9 hours ago, lobster said:

Well the Star has hit a new low even for that pile of crap .

The main Wednesday headline is about the 1867 statement with a picture of the protest banner telling DC to get out of our club .

Just how low can they get

Seriously?  If so that's shocking.

6 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Seems ridiculous now!   Obviously they won't yet have become the players they went on to be, but at that level?  😮

Two Sheffield lads of a similar age, earned both moves a level above and a league career.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...