The Star is shit thread

Reesh

It's not even a Joe Crann 'original'. It's almost word for word identical to one online two hours earlier, except Jordan Cross gets Danny Cowley's name right. 

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/wonderful-opportunity-former-portsmouth-huddersfield-town-and-lincoln-city-boss-on-return-at-sheffield-wednesday-and-bradford-city-4360959

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

I don't know Joe, people speak highly of him... But errors like these can be attributed to the editor. It's not necessarily his error.

Not hard, anyone about 5ft5 is taller than him.

Don't defend the plagiarising work he does, the fact he trawls Stalk should say it all, and the fact he wears a cap indoors is an immediate red flag.

• Haha 3

I like the “wears a cap indoors” particularly.

It’s cost cutting to keep it going. Paradoxically I think the managers and players over recent years have given less away about the actual football so the journalists make bits up and nationally report on the personalities and private life.

Theyd be better just reporting on the football and analysis of the games.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

I like the “wears a cap indoors” particularly.

It’s cost cutting to keep it going. Paradoxically I think the managers and players over recent years have given less away about the actual football so the journalists make bits up and nationally report on the personalities and private life.

Theyd be better just reporting on the football and analysis of the games.

Click bait has ruined journalism, they have to root out negatives and speculation as it generates nore traffic.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Carnaby said:

Wouldn't The Star have sacked him if he were shit at his job? Based on the fact that he hasn't been sacked, I guess we can conclude that you are wrong and he isn't shit at his job.

I think he is good at his job, works incredibly hard and demonstrates immense patience and restraint when faced with dullards.

What's the deal in trying to start a pile on? If you don't like his output, then don't look at it. It's not rocket science (luckily).

Fuck off Joe you're fooling no one you dullard.

I actually think the local press across the board is pretty poor thankfully it seems the Star will not be around in the not too distant future, we all yearn for the days of proper journalism by the likes of Les Payne and Paul Thompson.

Edited by Reesh

30 minutes ago, Carnaby said:

Wouldn't The Star have sacked him if he were shit at his job? Based on the fact that he hasn't been sacked, I guess we can conclude that you are wrong and he isn't shit at his job.

I think he is good at his job, works incredibly hard and demonstrates immense patience and restraint when faced with dullards.

What's the deal in trying to start a pile on? If you don't like his output, then don't look at it. It's not rocket science (luckily).

Hi Joe 

Great to see you.

Like you, I like wearing a cap indoors, albeit I prefer a flat cap so as not to confuse people that I think I’m younger than I am. 

I wouldn’t take the criticism of your journalistic talents to heart. They’re only teasing you for your inability to check facts, names and spelling before publishing articles. Don’t let it bother you too much. 

Edited by Supercockle
Touché
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

I don’t read much of his articles, just the way of the world now so can’t have too much of an opinion on his abilities. I have heard him in PC’s though and don’t mind his questioning, generally asks the questions RS miss.

Not sure this thread is a good look for the forum though if he’s sharing screenshots of it

Well that's fine cos it doesn't matter what you think.

I was tempted to change the title to The Star, a Shit paper these days....

2 hours ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

I don’t read much of his articles, just the way of the world now so can’t have too much of an opinion on his abilities. I have heard him in PC’s though and don’t mind his questioning, generally asks the questions RS miss.

Not sure this thread is a good look for the forum though if he’s sharing screenshots of it

The beauty of this forum is no one here generally gives a shit if others don't like us

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Some surprisingly negative comments about the forum which surprises me.

Lot of love for Reesh though 🤔.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1