The Star is shit thread

Reesh

10 hours ago, Andyben said:

And we can still play any U21 or below at the club @Tylluan

We can play any academy players that were already registered at the club before yesterday, provided they're not trialists. So we can't play the lad from Watford. 

The rule has changed this season. It used to be that they had to have been in a prior matchday squad in order to play after the 4th Thursday. A lot of clubs have been caught out by the relaxation as the wording is horrific. 

• 2 weeks later...

About as good as their piece on championship season ticket prices, compared our "cheapest" to everyone else's, but used the phase 3 figure not the phase 1 figure. Didn't even bother to do the research themselves either. Embarrassing shit rag.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Makes you think whether any prospective buyer would set up their own media team with OwlsTV or similar and consider banking the star and radio Sheffield...

26 minutes ago, mkowl said:

If you look carefully I am on the video  !

Definitely doing it now...

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Otto_Man said:

About as good as their piece on championship season ticket prices, compared our "cheapest" to everyone else's, but used the phase 3 figure not the phase 1 figure. Didn't even bother to do the research themselves either. Embarrassing shit rag.

Same last week about our season ticket sales, headline was 13,000 season tickets sold, 5,000 down on this season. Only when you clicked on it does it say it is comparing it to sales at start of this season and the 13,000 is sales for middle of last month anyway. 

Obviously if we get relegated numbers sold will be down but if we stay up I don't think it will be far off the 18,000. 

He wants the first team to move away from Middlewood. I've been told we've already sounded out a partnership with Sheffield Uni's sport science department and the National Centre for Sport and Exercise Medicine (Sheffield) but we're looking for other training facilities or land to build on. 

He also wants the pre-season in Germany and not the usual warm weather jolly in Portugal. 

1 minute ago, Tylluan said:

He wants the first team to move away from Middlewood. I've been told we've already sounded out a partnership with Sheffield Uni's sport science department and the National Centre for Sport and Exercise Medicine (Sheffield) but we're looking for other training facilities or land to build on. 

He also wants the pre-season in Germany and not the usual warm weather jolly in Portugal. 

The warm weather jolly was frankly ridiculous last year when it was 40C in Spain.

That was unsafe 

53 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

...Halfway / Westfield 

51 minutes ago, mkowl said:

The warm weather jolly was frankly ridiculous last year when it was 40C in Spain.

That was unsafe 

It wasn't any warmer than before, just changes way in which temperature is recorded from airtemp 6' high and in shade, to ground temp 

6 minutes ago, Andyben said:

It wasn't any warmer than before, just changes way in which temperature is recorded from airtemp 6' high and in shade, to ground temp 

Well it was still fucking hot 🔥

5 hours ago, Andyben said:

...Halfway / Westfield 

I don't know mate. 

Someone I know at the uni says there's a possibility that a joint venture may be on the table, from the university side, as the NCSEM is split across several sites, including Graves Park and Concord, and they want to centralise the whole thing. 

Even though Sheffield is the only national sports med unit outside of London the relevant bodies won't fully pay for one central venue so the uni are looking for partners. 

On 07/04/2024 at 15:54, Reesh said:

Bloke should fuck off back to South Africa the bald little ****.

I missed that.  Nobody who was a real Wednesday fan, however fair weather, would ever use that fucking word to describe us.  Unbelievable.

21 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Bookmarked for when the bulldozers move in during 2028.

Have you gone for outline planning permission on that M1 / M18 site yet.

Did you get hold of Winkleman at MK to see if you could get the plans for their stadium design 

53 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Did you get hold of Winkleman at MK to see if you could get the plans for their stadium design 

Would do but not sure i agree with CCTV in the ladies

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

err I'm thinking liquidation after DC pulls the plug

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, HappyOwl said:

Predicting us to still go down next week 😡😡😡😡😡

Hoping more like, Miller and Crann both post on stalk along with the FH team, if we avoid relegation it's a massive setback to their anti Chansiri campaign, if we fuck up now they'll be wanking themselves to the grave.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Reesh said:

They are now posting stories based on rumours by Football Insider, they really are fucking scraping the barrel, the sooner that shit rag goes bust the better.

To be fair, off-season must be shit for them.

Nixon has the made up rumours sewn up and any actual transfer news is broke by Att or the Matt guy on X.

7 minutes ago, Tewksbury said:

To be fair, off-season must be shit for them.

Nixon has the made up rumours sewn up and any actual transfer news is broke by Att or the Matt guy on X.

Nixon hides his behind his Patreon though.

1 hour ago, Reesh said:

Nixon hides his behind his Patreon though.

Doesn't matter. It soon gets out.

He's as much responsible for the 1867 not dying out as anyone. They went quiet but he riled them all up with the Scott Hogan and 30k bollocks, which kept them going from November to the end of January when they decided Ugbo wasn't a striker so had something else to go on.

On 30/04/2024 at 09:58, Tewksbury said:

Doesn't matter. It soon gets out.

He's as much responsible for the 1867 not dying out as anyone. They went quiet but he riled them all up with the Scott Hogan and 30k bollocks, which kept them going from November to the end of January when they decided Ugbo wasn't a striker so had something else to go on.

Whilst i didn't agree with a lot of what was posted on this site, i did tbf think it was ok and that the majority of posters were sound but honestly the more you read the more utter tribe like the above you see

5 hours ago, Andyben said:

The non-article abut making plans for next season?

Was interested in how that would be perceived on here actually

In fairness to the star they are reporting direct quotes and I dont see any issue; as the matter regarding future plans is clearly important to how we move forward as a club. Could the topic wait until the end of the season, perhaps. My own view is that it would make sense for owner and manager to be regular dialogue regarding these sort of things and that there should be consistent active engagement, to some level at least. DR has now repeatedly said and implied that he doesn't like a lot of what happens off the field and would like to change various things moving forwards. It will certainly be interesting to see how that's perceived by the owner as he's not taken well to that way of thinking in the past. 

• Like 1