The Star is shit thread

Reesh

Dejphon Chansiri on ‘big meeting’ with Sheffield Wednesday’s Danny Röhl – and Marvin Johnson decision

Sheffield Wednesday manager, Danny Röhl, and owner, Dejphon Chansiri, will get together this week for what the German called a ‘big meeting’.

Speaking after the important win over Rotherham United at the weekend, Röhl said that he had an appointment with Chansiri in the works, though didn’t go into any detail regarding what it was about.

Now, in his interview with The Star, Wednesday’s head honcho has explained that the meeting is to discuss an alternative coach after Nico Knaubel’s move to Hillsborough fell through, also revealed that they met the previous week to discuss the registration of Marvin Johnson.

•  

“Normally we’ll have meetings,” the Owls owner said. “He’s going to talk to me about his staff and coaches, because one who was meant to be coming couldn’t come because of his visa… He wants to talk to me about his staff and other things.

“Last week he spoke to me about Johnson, and I told him it was up to him. I’d said from the start that it would be his decision whether he would be registered, saying that it would be his choice 

Johnso was named in the Wednesday squad for the first time this season on Sunday as he was an unused substitute against the Millers, with Röhl deciding that it was the right decision to name him in his 25-man squad rather than recovering midfielder, Momo Diaby, who will now have to wait until January even if he returns to fitness sooner than that.

Apologies for font sizing, Copied from Stir website andwas full of ads.

Quite a positive story and very interesting that DC told them Rohl would be making his own choices in 25th player and coaches  and he would be supported but they chose The Stir angle of kicking the club wherever they can.

My guess is they misheard his poor English and words said in jest. Despise the rag.

Blunts falling flat on their arses yet their reporters are licking the shit off the floor

30 minutes ago, Ozzie said:

Apologies for font sizing, Copied from Stir website andwas full of ads.

Quite a positive story and very interesting that DC told them Rohl would be making his own choices in 25th player and coaches  and he would be supported but they chose The Stir angle of kicking the club wherever they can.

My guess is they misheard his poor English and words said in jest. Despise the rag.

Blunts falling flat on their arses yet their reporters are licking the shit off the floor

What makes me laugh is Danny Hall is as clueless as our lot.

Anyone with any finance background @Andyben  @mkowl @Greno @Chelters etc could look at Uniteds accounts and CH filings and tell you they are in deep fucking shit even with PL monies but it is papered over by the Star lot yet our ones can't wait to stick the boot in.

All I'll add is that any paper using Kieran Maguire as any sort of expert on accounts is pissing in the wind.

Edited by Reesh
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, holmesfield_owl said:

'Sheffield Wednesday players stunning contract clauses according to football manager'.

I've had (headline font) Sheffield Wednesday player wages shock, (small font) according to Football Manager. Posted straight after the 'players might not get paid' story. 

And "what Wednesday's squad might look like in 2028, according to Football Manager" Apparently we're buying most of Liverpool's current u18 squad. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Reesh said:

What makes me laugh is Danny Hall is as clueless as our lot.

Anyone with any finance background @Andyben  @mkowl @Greno @Chelters etc could look at Uniteds accounts and CH filings and tell you they are in deep fucking shit even with PL monies but it is papered over by the Star lot yet our ones can't wait to stick the boot in.

All I'll add is that any paper using Kieran Maguire as any sort of expert on accounts is pissing in the wind.

Look what I found...

Just now, Reesh said:

Any man who can't understand GAAP and FRS accounting standards but "teaches" it shouldn't really be daft enough to call anyone stupid.

It's like a bald bloke mugging you for a comb

So fucking tempting to send a copy of Accounting for Dummies to Mr Kieran Maguire.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Fortunately he’s sent him a free copy or 20 fans would have to cough up a quid each for it 

Nev I get you have disdain for DC but for a uni lecturer who cannot explain accounting standards that supports a club who are like us in every way reliant on the owner and who also don't own their ground and per this are trading insolvent then maybe defend your club

companies_house_document (15).pdf

1 hour ago, Snap said:

So the self proclaimed academic and the leading light on all things football finance either gets the Chairmans name wrong or attempts a childish insult and our fans are creaming themselves over our owner being ridiculed this way. What's Maguire's beef with us anyhow? Or is he just after approval and that desperate for it he'll pick on a wounded target, an easy hit.

Also noticed Spencer Fearn getting a dig in further down in that thread, surely the same one, there can't be that many Spencer Fearns knocking around.

They're all coming out of the woodwork aren't they, Turner during the week, wonder what Straffords up to these days.

Childish comments are his bread and butter. The so-called academic writes articles where the first letter of each paragraph spells out an insult to clubs and owners. Really clever stuff, for 6th formers.

His hard-on for us probably stems from the fact that he was taken apart on Twitter (formally a decent place) by several financially aware posters on this forum.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-star-set-to-match-record-of-owls-fa-cup-winning-legend-v-birmingham-city-4408866

"Should he feature on November 25th then he will go level with long-serving former wing half, Tom Brittleton, who not only won the FA Cup with the Owls in 1907, but remains the oldest player to ever to play for the club – doing so aged 38 back in 1920. "

So not Trevor Francis then or Andrew Wilson or Eric Nixon?

Edited by Reesh

1 hour ago, Reesh said:

He's changed it 

"but remains one of the oldest players to ever to play for the club – doing so aged 38 back in 1920"

Shame he didn't bother correcting his grammar while he was at it. To ever to play, to me to you to me 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Reesh said:

Miller gets a piece published at 6am about our lack of incoming head of recruitment then just moves the words around and gets basically the same piece published again at 4pm. 

But you're right, mate, the idiots will see two separate pieces written and be in meltdown 

Edited by Tylluan
  • Like 1

"...the Owls’ Head Of Technical Analysis and Recruitment Analysis...[for the past five seasons.]

Not been very good has he really.

I mean if you're gonna blame DC fir everything that goes wrong, including shit recruitment could it possibly be limited to the team he got in to, you know, do this kind of work?

Just looks like we're clearing out the duff team ahead of potentially th single most important transfer window we've had in years.

Edited by Andyben

16 minutes ago, Andyben said:

"...the Owls’ Head Of Technical Analysis and Recruitment Analysis...[for the past five seasons.]

Not been very good has he really.

I mean if you're gonna blame DC fir everything that goes wrong, including shit recruitment could it possibly be limited to the team he got in to, you know, do this kind of work?

Just looks like we're clearing out the duff team ahead of potentially th single most important transfer window we've had in years.

I mean if his analysis in any way decided on Ashley Fletcher being an appropriate signing he has been stealing a living 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

The only idiots are those that keep denying, defending and excusing him

#chansiriout

Let me be clear Nev, I also think it's time that Chansiri cut his losses and got out. But banners aren't going to make him sell. Signatures on an online form aren't going to make him sell. Hashtags aren't going to make him sell. Jumping up and down at every half arsed 'news' story isn't going to make him sell. 

The only thing that's going to make him sell is a serious bidder, as KM keeps saying. If there's a tyre kicker trying to use 1867 et-al to effect a fire sale then they might as well give in now. He's not going until someone serious starts the process. 

So I have to tolerate him and hope that in appointing Rohl he's made a good decision. I have to hope that he backs him and there's nothing to say he won't. I have to hope he still keeps throwing money into the club. 

But what I have to hope is that he sticks by his, often reiterated, statement that he will only sell to someone who can take the club forward. 

Because I will guarantee you that if our next owner is another Strafford or a Poundland who mortgages the club to the hilt, or an asset stripper then everyone who wanted Chansiri out will be crying and shouting that it's all his fault for selling to that owner in the first place. 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

How is this news? "Hughes may be going to Bloomfield Road"? It's news when he's gone. 

In all honesty he might go. He's worked with Downes for around ten years and Blackpool are looking for a lead analyst. And if Rohl gets his way with the HoR he wants then he's going to want to bring his own analytical team in. 

But it's not news... Yet.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

How is this news? "Hughes may be going to Bloomfield Road"? It's news when he's gone. 

In all honesty he might go. He's worked with Downes for around ten years and Blackpool are looking for a lead analyst. And if Rohl gets his way with the HoR he wants then he's going to want to bring his own analytical team in. 

But it's not news... Yet.

Exactly 

So @Neville Facking Bartosthis summer/season the recruitment team were responsible for signing the following:

Hits - Bernard, Musaba*, Gassama*

Maybe B Diaby, Pol V., Delgado, Vasquez, Danny Rohl + team

Miss - Hendrick, Buckley, M. Diaby, Fletcher, James Xisco Munez + Team

Loans are in italics and could be returned in January.

Question is, would you trust the same team to improve the squad in January? If not - what would you expect the Chairman to do.

Should he back his current coaching team and try to bring in their preferred recruitment staff which includes negotiating their release from other clubs, or stick with what he's got and trust them to sign a new keeper, LB/LWB, 2 Centre Mids and at least one  striker?

Edited by Andyben

10 hours ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

To me it’s just more evidence of it being as much of a mess off the field as on. The earlier article from Alex Miller highlights the issues Football people had trying to speak with the club.

Dooley leaving and not being replaced is another serious concern I have with current going ons at the club. General Manager, Alastair Wilson has absorbed those responsibilities the COO had. Talk to people at the club about how stretched he already was.

I don’t think he has any intention of entertaining offers from serious buyers unless on his unrealistic terms. Hopefully this sort of pressure encourages a change of mind

What experience do you have of being a CEO or COO?

1 minute ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

No idea, like I said structurally we’re a mess and have been years 

Much like your command of English.

1 minute ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

It is, who got the GM position? 

There isn't a GM at the club, never has been!

35 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Well who got the job AW has vacated then? Is he the COO now?

He’s not, he’s covering the work that he already did alongside that which Dooley did too. Like I say he was already stretched before Liam left 

AW was a glorified TO manager for a long time, he's just absorbed more responsibility, I assume his vacated role was filled internally again with the club advertising for TO staff to fill the void.

Nev, why do you come on here, it's hardly a meaningful use of your time, go fuck off.

Edited by Reesh