Chris Powell

Powell has been back part of Southgate's staff since he got binned by Spurs. 

In the Italy game every time the camera panned to Southgate you could see him sitting on the bench directly behind. 

So if it is him then he must be looking to dual role and that might be why there's been a delay. 

32 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Wasn't that when the game was put back to a Monday night and the end of a run of 3 midweek games or summat daft

I remember it being on an inconvenient day because an FA cup match couldn’t be on the same day as a Champions League match. 

1 hour ago, Mark said:

Christ did that p*** me off that night.

Call me small minded, don't care, but not forgiving him ever 4 that regardless if he is on our coaching staff or not.

Bet he couldn't do it now....

You'll feel different  when we've  won Champions League, believe me.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mark said:

Christ did that p*** me off that night.

Call me small minded, don't care, but not forgiving him ever 4 that regardless if he is on our coaching staff or not.

Bet he couldn't do it now....

What about if him and Gregory do it at the Bramall Lane end after we've knocked them out of the FA Cup? 

• Like 1

Powell seems another solid appointment if it comes off. If Chansiri has made this decision and he sits back from the footballing outbursts and concentrates on running the business side of things then he may just turn things around.

I just hope this doesn’t turn out to be a stepping stone for DR and he sees us as a long term project and gets it right.

But if he is a great success and bigger clubs come in for him then at least we will have turned a corner hopefully by then.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Laceups said:

Powell seems another solid appointment if it comes off. If Chansiri has made this decision and he sits back from the footballing outbursts and concentrates on running the business side of things then he may just turn things around.

I just hope this doesn’t turn out to be a stepping stone for DR and he sees us as a long term project and gets it right.

But if he is a great success and bigger clubs come in for him then at least we will have turned a corner hopefully by then.

If a EPL side notices him then he will have been doing a good job. Sadly there is zero you can do in that scenario, exactly if you have a decent youngster. 

In Rohl's case it would be the Bundesliga calling as well 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Tylluan said:

Powell has been back part of Southgate's staff since he got binned by Spurs. 

In the Italy game every time the camera panned to Southgate you could see him sitting on the bench directly behind. 

So if it is him then he must be looking to dual role and that might be why there's been a delay. 

He left England in March after the World Cup and was replaced by Jimmy Floyd him and Nevin were behind Southgate, his main reason was to focus on his role at Spurs which he ended up leaving in August so is currently not with a club.

Edited by OwlMR
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, M42Owl said:

At this stage of the season maybe, but next May I’d rather be 21st with Moore than bottom with the new lot, or with Colin, or with Pep or anyone you care to mention.

I wouldn’t. I’d rather have the team we are putting together and if that means a season back in the third tier, so be it. 

4 hours ago, M42Owl said:

At this stage of the season maybe, but next May I’d rather be 21st with Moore than bottom with the new lot, or with Colin, or with Pep or anyone you care to mention.

What makes you think we'll be bottom ? 

IMO Moore would've been on the verge of the sack now if he'd stayed, multiple times last season he could've easily gone. We were overturned by Ipsnitch and Argyle then we scraped into playoffs. 2 games has turned Moore into some God like manager. He was God awful most of the time. Ok we went on an unbeaten run, but fuckinghell some of the games were horrific to watch.

17 hours ago, Reesh said:

Where's that from?

And Chansiri realises he loses more if we go down than if he ponies up now.

Just something I’d heard which was suggesting it was sorted but press more cautious. I didn’t think much of it at first but I didn’t realise how good his recent cv was and he could be a real help and a good personality amongst all the analysis 

• Like 2