Chris Powell

Just now, Bellsview said:

Looks like I was wrong about the Under 21’s then but more than happy to be corrected.

One thing I can comment on, which I think is a good move for the Under 21’s, is that they’ll be playing their future home games at Belle Vue, the home of Wakefield Trinity RL Club and now Wakefield AFC.

At the end of last season the club invested heavily in a hybrid pitch and it is well known in rugby circles that Wakefield’s pitch is one of if not the best in rugby league. The investment in the new hybrid pitch has made the playing surface even better and far more suited to football.

I’m as certain as I can be that our Under 21’s will benefit from playing on Wakefield’s hybrid pitch and whoever has looked into this and chosen Wakefield for them to play at has done a very good job. The stadium itself is being upgraded and a brand new stand is about to open, so not only will the Under 21’s benefit from playing on a great pitch, they’ll be playing in a decent stadium (albeit much smaller than Hillsborough) with some great facilities.

More info about the Wakefield pitch: https://www.totalrl.com/john-minards-on-new-wakefield-trinity-pitch-and-stadium-redevelopment-update/

Isn't Chris Turner involved there

Just now, Reesh said:

Isn't Chris Turner involved there

Not anymore mate. He was a Director of Football and then Chairman there but left at the back end of 2020. They (Wakefield AFC) were playing at Featherstone then.

The club only moved to Belle Vue a few months ago and it’s good to now finally see them playing in their home city.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bellsview said:

Looks like I was wrong about the Under 21’s then but more than happy to be corrected.

One thing I can comment on, which I think is a good move for the Under 21’s, is that they’ll be playing their future home games at Belle Vue, the home of Wakefield Trinity RL Club and now Wakefield AFC.

At the end of last season the club invested heavily in a hybrid pitch and it is well known in rugby circles that Wakefield’s pitch is one of if not the best in rugby league. The investment in the new hybrid pitch has made the playing surface even better and far more suited to football.

I’m as certain as I can be that our Under 21’s will benefit from playing on Wakefield’s hybrid pitch and whoever has looked into this and chosen Wakefield for them to play at has done a very good job. The stadium itself is being upgraded and a brand new stand is about to open, so not only will the Under 21’s benefit from playing on a great pitch, they’ll be playing in a decent stadium (albeit much smaller than Hillsborough) with some great facilities.

More info about the Wakefield pitch: https://www.totalrl.com/john-minards-on-new-wakefield-trinity-pitch-and-stadium-redevelopment-update/

The only downside, Bells, is it's probably further than our fans will go.