New manager thread

17 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Been told we’re close to an appointment 

No idea who but seems to have been a lot of money on Jones today 

I feel sick, if it is that egotistical Welsh **** we could have just kept Pulis.

I really don’t know much about Jones in terms of style of play or man management etc. 

I thought Smith was in the bag. Maybe he still is but a lot seem to be backing Jones today.

He obviously did well with Luton twice but bigger clubs he fucked up royally it seems.

soon see I guess.

48 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Been told we’re close to an appointment 

No idea who but seems to have been a lot of money on Jones today 

Surely we're not getting Jones.

Nathan. You've not been gone long enough 

2 minutes ago, Laceups said:

I really don’t know much about Jones in terms of style of play or man management etc. 

I thought Smith was in the bag. Maybe he still is but a lot seem to be backing Jones today.

He obviously did well with Luton twice but bigger clubs he fucked up royally it seems.

soon see I guess.

Have you endured the Welsh ***** interview after Southampton got rattled by Brentford?

13 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Rumour is announcement at 8pm. I know they’ve had pictures taken and that it’s definitely not Dean Smith, looking like another Welshman to go with 2 others that were class, Yorath and Pulis

Unless it’s a massive curveball and a foreign appointment 

About as ITK as Staton thee.

• Haha 3

Just now, Neville Facking Bartos said:

I just watched it, not a lot wrong with it in my opinion. Honest and straight talking, how we could have done with that on occasions over the last 25. Years or so 

He talks shit, no wonder you like him 😄

If it’s Jones it won’t be popular but he will be desperate to get back in a job moreso than some others and we haven’t had the best PR in recent weeks. Might take a lower wage too. I liked the idea of smith and hope it’s him but my gut feel is that it would have happened by now. 

Jones seems quite erratic but to be fair to him I liked how his Luton team played. Just needs to get over whatever it is that stops him managing players with a decent cv. It’s all a bit much of a muchness really. I think anyone who’s had a team up there in the championship could arguably be seen as a step forward even if not as likeable as Darren Moore 

1 hour ago, Otto_Man said:

Not sure Jones fits the brief of a manager who plays attacking football does he?

Luton seemed to if I remember. Not always the prettiest but very strong and athletic/hard working. Just hasn’t been able to do it anywhere else 

1 hour ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

I suspect DC may have seen the press conferences when he was at Southampton

Ah a batshit mentalist

Perfect fit to work for me. Reminds me of that Carlos chap

To be fair he is doing a good Carlos impression there with that little look down and blink thing he’s doing 

Nicked from stalk ..

“Won the league title in Georgia 

Got Watford promoted from the championship in his first season 

second season they were 14th after 7 games,  they sacked him which was considered one of the most ridiculous sackings in premier league history at the time.   Ranieri and Hodgson failed to do better and Watford were relegated that season.  
Led Huesca from relegation zone to 13th in first season 

Went to Cyprus and new owners came in and replaced him”

48 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Come on who has had a tenner on Xisco Munoz ?

Suddenly appeared in betting at 7s.

Att started following him on Instagram he’s started following SWFC on Instagram and was apparently at the training ground yesterday so some lumping on and moving up the charts still not enough to be favourite though.

Announced tomorrow I reckon. (The new mgr I mean not one in particular)

Does that even make sense 

The Xisco Instagram thing shouldn’t mean a great deal but we all know it probably does 😅

Very popular at Watford but had a very good team for the league. Suspect he would either be excellent or completely bomb. Hasn’t stayed anywhere very long and the Watford feedback was that he was more about team spirit than tactics (not always a bad thing). 

Has a similar style to Carlos, maybe that swung it for him if he is the man for us but more likely he’s willing to work for the short term bonus driven approach we appear to be offering. If we spoke to Smith and others then surely they would be higher in the pecking order in an ideal world