New manager thread

Just now, Otto_Man said:

It's funny you say that because I've always wanted us to be in for Dean Smith, but the Norwich fans hated him

I agree with you, Otto. I always thought he could do a job for us. 

I definitely cant see Gerrard joining us, the whole of the Scouse **** World would have a fucking meltdown if "their" Stevie became our manager

4 minutes ago, Beaconowl said:

I agree with you, Otto. I always thought he could do a job for us. 

I definitely cant see Gerrard joining us, the whole of the Scouse **** World would have a fucking meltdown if "their" Stevie became our manager

Would he go along with what we think the majority of Liverpool would say? Or, see it as a challenge that he wants to take on nevertheless?

4 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Media interest would certainly increase if we got Gerrard.  

Can't imagine him wanting the daily calls from Chansiri though.

Would be OK with any of .....

Duff, Lowe, Dean Smith, Robins or Lage.

This Campelos sounds very much a Chansiri / Paxo appointment.

To my knowledge, DC has appointed 6 permanent managers, only 2 of which could it be suggested were weird/left field (and there's a good argument to say Carlos was never intended to be manager) so I never get this viewpoint that DC likes appointing weird randoms?!

3 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

To my knowledge, DC has appointed 6 permanent managers, only 2 of which could it be suggested were weird/left field (and there's a good argument to say Carlos was never intended to be manager) so I never get this viewpoint that DC likes appointing weird randoms?!

Think I am contradicting myself here as said in a post earlier apart from Carlos who was intended to be DOF  and Jos Chansiri did not appoint random Managers !  Doh ! 

Edited by Hirstys 12th Pint
  • Like 1

My top 3 but probably no chance on splashing the funds on any

1. Viera - think he’d work the loan market with Arsenal and City quite well hopefully.

2. Gerrard - would raise profile of club as previously said.

3. Lage - I think he had a lot to do with our style in Carlos season 1

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Think I am contradicting myself here as said in a post earlier apart from Carlos who was intended to be DOF  and Jos Chansiri did not appoint random Managers !  Doh ! 

Just think, we could have had Carlos as DOF and Mark Cooper as manager had the latter not turned down the chance to come from us from Swindon!

10 minutes ago, Laceups said:

My top 3 but probably no chance on splashing the funds on any

1. Viera - think he’d work the loan market with Arsenal and City quite well hopefully.

2. Gerrard - would raise profile of club as previously said.

3. Lage - I think he had a lot to do with our style in Carlos season 1

Viera would be a sensational appointment, but I think he did enough at Palace to warrant a job higher up the pyramid than us. 

Lage would be good too, but again, probably not going to come to us. 

Gerrard, without Beale, I don’t think that would work. 

Mate who’s a Villa fan said Stevie G was a disaster. Tactically clueless, chopped and changed the team on a whim, fell out with players randomly. Only thing he offered was “being Stevie G”.

All Emery needed to do was to give them a basic structure and they strolled up the league. 

Not for me. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Sounds very much like a Chansiri/paxo appointment...

😉

1 hour ago, HoylandOwl said:

Would he go along with what we think the majority of Liverpool would say? Or, see it as a challenge that he wants to take on nevertheless?

I'm sure I read in a book somewhere about the time when he was strongly rumoured to be signing for Chelsea. However, the 'Mersey Mafia' got involved, he had a 'change of mind' and signed a new deal with Liverpool.

If such forces are still 'in play', there will be absolutely no chance of him coming to Hillsborough.

And thank fuck for that!

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

I put his name up on the Moore Left thread yesterday  

52 minutes ago, EastCraigsOwl said:

I'm sure I read in a book somewhere about the time when he was strongly rumoured to be signing for Chelsea. However, the 'Mersey Mafia' got involved, he had a 'change of mind' and signed a new deal with Liverpool.

If such forces are still 'in play', there will be absolutely no chance of him coming to Hillsborough.

And thank fuck for that!

Yeah I've seen something along those lines, doesn't he still have "dealings" with them. 

Also, wasn't a family member, cousin or something, caught up in the disaster? 

Seems a weird choice.

Also think he's not very good. 

42 minutes ago, MAL said:

Yeah I've seen something along those lines, doesn't he still have "dealings" with them. 

Also, wasn't a family member, cousin or something, caught up in the disaster? 

Seems a weird choice.

Also think he's not very good. 

Wasn't Darren Potter his cousin?  Now he was a disaster in his own right!