New manager thread

There’s some no’s for me.

Gerrard - shit.

Lowe - would fail.

If we end up with any of the following, it means there is money to spend.

Smith

Lage

Viera

Farke

Carlos

If we end up with either of these, it means Paixao has taken his 20%.

Liebermacht

Campelos

If we end up with the likes of Duff and Evatt, we’ve done a good job.

So, picking from each group, Lage, Farke, Duff and Evatt. I like how all of them set-up and play. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KrolMong said:

There’s some no’s for me.

Gerrard - shit.

Lowe - would fail.

If we end up with any of the following, it means there is money to spend.

Smith

Lage

Viera

Farke

Carlos  (DC Said last night that aint happening)

If we end up with either of these, it means Paixao has taken his 20%.

Liebermacht

Campelos

If we end up with the likes of Duff (looking VERY likely to seal Swansea move) and Evatt, we’ve done a good job.

So, picking from each group, Lage, Farke, Duff and Evatt. I like how all of them set-up and play. 

He didn't exactly have the best of times as player at Hillsborough and I think that would follow him if he came back to manage. Especially if he had a rough patch. 

He is a good coach but he walked into a City academy system that was already set up to win and had just won PL2. What he inherited would be akin to Pep leaving tomorrow, Kompany coming in and finding all the players stayed as well. 

But if he brought a couple of City youth players like the ones that went to the Lane last season then it might be worth a gamble.

In conversation recently with an ITKer and there was one Manager that turned us down in the recent past because he couldn't work with just the squad that was available to him.

This was the forwards available in the squad....

IMG_5530.pngPlus Windass and a decent crop of youngsters.

Edited by Andyben

6 minutes ago, Andyben said:

In conversation recently with an ITKer and there was one Manager that turned us down in the recent past because he couldn't work with just the squad that was available to him.

This was the forwards available in the squad....

IMG_5530.pngPlus Windass and a decent crop of youngsters.

To be fair if I saw Jordan Rhodes in the squad I'd turn it down too.

• Haha 1

I don’t think a top manager needs to have been a top player.

However, historically there have been a lot of good managers that were top players if not necessarily captains of their country etc.

TBH though I think the game has become more about the best coaches being able to come in and coach any squad of players and be able to command respect of the players whichever way they do it. Maybe B-M could by the way he communicates and coaches and not by wowing them like maybe Rooney, Gerrard and Lampard might like to think they can.

57 minutes ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

I don’t think a top manager needs to have been a top player.

However, historically there have been a lot of good managers that were top players if not necessarily captains of their country etc.

TBH though I think the game has become more about the best coaches being able to come in and coach any squad of players and be able to command respect of the players whichever way they do it. Maybe B-M could by the way he communicates and coaches and not by wowing them like maybe Rooney, Gerrard and Lampard might like to think they can.

I don't disagree on your first point 

12 minutes ago, owl4ever1867 said:

Gerrard 6/4 favourite for the job.

Only cos someone has put a tenner on. The bookies know as little as we do. I know someone who works for the club and has told me to expect Bruno Lage to be announced. I think this is also bollocks. Only DC and the new manager know who the new manager is going to be. 

18 minutes ago, Mosborowl said:

Only cos someone has put a tenner on. The bookies know as little as we do. I know someone who works for the club and has told me to expect Bruno Lage to be announced. I think this is also bollocks. Only DC and the new manager know who the new manager is going to be. 

Happily take Bruno Lage!

57 minutes ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

Paul Ince would complete the total collapse of optimism that followed our Playoff win.

Surely he’s on no clubs short list. What has ever achieved as a manager of any significance, I’m surprised he’s lasted this long.

Ticking the box for diversity 

Also got 

Sarina Wiegman

Ru Paul 

Rosie Jones 

And Jeremy Corbyn (Diane Abbott as his number 2) - (Just for Nev)

Tee (cannot exclude cardigan wearers) 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Also got 

Sarina Wiegman

Ru Paul 

Rosie Jones 

You forgot the representative for the angry old man. 

Although, speaking of a diverse/out there hire, it wouldn’t surprise me if someone takes a chance and appoints Emma Hayes. 

16 minutes ago, Mark said:

More info given by the chairman on official site.

Reading between lines I hope all ok with Moore

the line "personal situations" - still ambigious i guess could mean a lot could mean nothing 

I actually think Moore needs a couple of months off - risk of burn out, the stress of the last 2 months of the season

I can only speak from personal experience of working life, you can't run at 100 miles an hour ad finitum

Interesting about the 30000 season tickets - I guess they won't disclose actual sold numbers but if they do and it was only 2000 short then (whilst still a lot of folk to get) the likes of me that have parked the idea (various reasons but in the main the need to drag my arse up the M1 to get value for money) could think why not 

5 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Also got 

Sarina Wiegman

Ru Paul 

Rosie Jones 

I'd have Serena Wiegman - but that's a different subject!    

😄

7 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Also got 

Sarina Wiegman

Ru Paul 

Rosie Jones 

I’ll raise you with Boris Johnson and Nadine Dorries as his number two. Might as well go the whole way with totally incompetent fuckwits! 

14 hours ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

Of course, I just wonder if some might have delayed after DM leaving or been put off.

I wonder how many STs we realistically sell at this stage anyway. It might different if we were being to the PL.

I have no inside info on ST sales, but would be amazed if we didn’t currently sell well over 80% of our STs in the early bird phase.

If we were regulars in the PL, without any ground capacity increase, and without Chansiri managing demand through Arsenal style prices, I suspect that we’d sell out the complete ground with STs.

19 hours ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Come on Dejphon - announce Campelos cause I like the sound of him and has a fantastic website or think outside the box and give Brian Barry-Murphy a go. 

I’m in agreement.

I know insufficient about Campelos to have serious negative views.

BBM could be the up and coming coach / manager we seen y at other clubs. Of course he could be a dud, but I’d be content with his appointment.

7 minutes ago, M42Owl said:

I have no inside info on ST sales, but would be amazed if we didn’t currently sell well over 80% of our STs in the early bird phase.

If we were regulars in the PL, without any ground capacity increase, and without Chansiri managing demand through Arsenal style prices, I suspect that we’d sell out the complete ground with STs.

Arsenal's are so high because they're paying for the new ground.

Ticket prices become less relevant in the PL as broadcast rights and other sponsorship ramps up