New manager thread

I don’t we will know until DC gives the thumbs up for something to go on social media and the club website.

Smith has got to be worth a crack. He might also have the PL contacts to bring players in that we need.

As for JT, let’s just say I’d prefer he didn’t come here 

10 minutes ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

I’d be hoping for Bilic a few seasons ago but since he’s had a stint at dem blades and he ain’t pulled up any trees recently I’m a bit less keen shall we say even if he has a record of promotions. Tbh, he’s had decent budgets to achieve those promotions as well.

Did I miss the Blades bit ??

40 minutes ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

I’d be hoping for Bilic a few seasons ago but since he’s had a stint at dem blades and he ain’t pulled up any trees recently I’m a bit less keen shall we say even if he has a record of promotions. Tbh, he’s had decent budgets to achieve those promotions as well.

When I think you can't make me believe you're anymore stupid you surpass my expectations 

• Haha 3

There’s some analysis of smiths career on Twitter (total Wednesday pod) which is interesting as at Villa and Brentford he had them playing a lot of attacking football but they needed a young team. Norwich more akin to what we have ie older and more physical strikers who can’t press as hard so whilst there is the scope to change that it’s whether he would be permitted to. That seems to be the key to whether he’s a success 

I am of the opinion that a large proportion of our current squad barring a couple are no better than bottom quarter of the Championship, and in some cases League One players at best. So regardless of whether we get in Smith, Bilic or anyone else, there needs to be quality brought into the squad to make us competitive at this level, and they also need to be a good age, with an impeccable fitness record.

If DC is giving assurances to those being interviewed that we can invest and really build the squad. Great. If not, I’d be very very surprised if any of those managers would fancy it in reality.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

I am of the opinion that a large proportion of our current squad barring a couple are no better than bottom quarter of the Championship, and in some cases League One players at best. So regardless of whether we get in Smith, Bilic or anyone else, there needs to be quality brought into the squad to make us competitive at this level, and they also need to be a good age, with an impeccable fitness record.

If DC is giving assurances to those being interviewed that we can invest and really build the squad. Great. If not, I’d be very very surprised if any of those managers would fancy it in reality.

If anyone tells DC that the squad is good enough or even close to good enough to finish anywhere near the top end of the league, they’re lying. He said last week that no prospective manager has ever said the squad was bad, if that’s still true, or he picks whoever has said what he wants to hear, we’re in trouble. 

5 minutes ago, Gamblor said:

If anyone tells DC that the squad is good enough or even close to good enough to finish anywhere near the top end of the league, they’re lying. He said last week that no prospective manager has ever said the squad was bad, if that’s still true, or he picks whoever has said what he wants to hear, we’re in trouble. 

Fuck me we are letting Stalk gimps on here unchecked?

26 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

Fuck me pal, keep pissing on dem chips eh...😂 

• Haha 1

The squad has quality in it but it lacks that energy that I think only some youth could solve. Have to wait and see I guess but Chansiri seemed less keen on that at the Q&A. For the sake of balance the team will have about 10 new players in it also so it’s too early to judge 

44 minutes ago, TheExile said:

The squad has quality in it but it lacks that energy that I think only some youth could solve. Have to wait and see I guess but Chansiri seemed less keen on that at the Q&A. For the sake of balance the team will have about 10 new players in it also so it’s too early to judge 

Bringing down the average age of the squad was something that DM wanted to do, and unless I'm mistaken (and could be) hasn't a reference to that been made by DC too? It's blindingly obvious though that we need more mobility in the squad. With FDB going too, (albeit he didn't do it that much) he was one who demonstrated what an effect such a player with energy can have when he could be arsed.

51 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Bringing down the average age of the squad was something that DM wanted to do, and unless I'm mistaken (and could be) hasn't a reference to that been made by DC too? It's blindingly obvious though that we need more mobility in the squad. With FDB going too, (albeit he didn't do it that much) he was one who demonstrated what an effect such a player with energy can have when he could be arsed.

He said something along the lines of pushing first and then bringing in younger players and acknowledged DM mentioned reducing the age. I suspect we will get a mix but it may have been one of the points of disagreement that led to both parties going separate ways. However, to be fair to Chansiri he didn’t stop Jos or Monk trying it he may just associate a more experienced team with our better spells which to be fair he wouldn’t be too far off.