Moore has left the club by mutual consent

25 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

I know it's from the Stir but there's a sentence in there that might go part way to explaining the reason why

"with Moore understood to have been discussing the possibility of transfer moves with external recruitment sources as recently as the last couple of days."

Might be that Moore didn't fancy his chances with the players Paixao was offering and DC wasn't giving him a choice in the matter. 

Just now, Tylluan said:

I know it's from the Stir but there's a sentence in there that might go part way to explaining the reason why

"with Moore understood to have been discussing the possibility of transfer moves with external recruitment sources as recently as the last couple of days."

Might be that Moore didn't fancy his chances with the players Paixao was offering and DC wasn't giving him a choice in the matter. 

Probably just logged into his Transfermrkt account 

49 minutes ago, Bellsview said:

Gerrard 10/1 now! 😳

Id rather have Dave Allen back! 

Steven Gerrard????

I wouldn't worry about that Bells. Whichever bookmaker has offered those odds is either completely deluded or is trapping people that just want to donate money to their bank accounts. 

There is more chance of Sir Bobby Robson waking from his grave to come and manage The Owls. Gerrard will never ever manage Wednesday knowing what happened to his cousin at Hillsborough.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Doesn't really explain getting rid of the whole coaching staff though Ty. As loyal a bunch as they all may be, I can't imagine they've all fallen on their swords over that, but who knows?!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Yep: that's the recent phrase highlighted that I couldn't think of when posting earlier.  The container load of random Euro-loans is already on its way? 

1 minute ago, Chelters said:

Steve Bruce took his coaching team with him. The more I trunk about this the more it seems he might have walked out on us, but conducted himself better than Bruce 

I guess the next few days will tell us a lot 

At present none of it really makes sense. Saying that if the ref had blown 10 seconds earlier and Palmer had not scored this whole debate would be different.

I have been critical at times in relation to Moore's tactics so I think the step up would have found him out.

However the impact on the morale of the players cannot be underestimated.

Equally I can't say the decision making of Chansiri et al holds any confidence. The Club was at a real low ebb and the relationship between Club and owner the most toxic since the Allen era. Moore has done wonders in that respect, but also because Chansiri has been in the background. Personally that nonsense period of EFL investigations, points deductions, awful on and off the pitch really questioned my support for this Club

Moore helped re-engage that. Not Chansiri. I just fear what type of decisions Chansiri will now make.

• Like 1

The more I reflect on it I believe there are only 2 real possibilities that have lead to this.

1 is quite simply DM has been offered another job and maybe has asked permission to speak to whichever club that is (Leeds?). This would explain logically why his backroom staff have also left.

2 is he has fallen out with DC over budget. From what we know of their relationship however and the character of DM I would say this isnt as likely as scenario 1. DM has worked with a limited budget since he has been here and I am sure with his standing he would have attracted enough players in.

I am sure all will become clear in the next couple of days.

As for who next? That really depends on Paxo man doesnt it.

Lowe or Robins for me if I could choose.

Edited by Canterburyowl

I guess time will tell on all this. The news jolted everyone because it was so unexpected and all the soundings were about planning for the season ahead.

Chansiri would not have lined up a fans forum if this was in his mind to do. Because why face grief from the fans unnecessarily.

The irony was calling football mad with the Bournemouth news earlier and then a few hours later madness descended closer to home 

Can't see 49ers Enterprises going for a management team that have come from league one. They've hired Nick Hammond as 'football advisor'. He's credited with getting Eddie Howe into Newcastle and then he stayed on and oversaw Eddie's first two transfer windows. 

Chansiri holds the forum tomorrow then fair play .. we all know the first question! 

Why put yourself in firing line on purpose? Unless there are bigger things afoot.

Thank you Moore for finally achieving something with us - we all had a cracking ride away at Portsmouth when we thought that was it!

And none of us will forget all 3 playoff games this season ever! 

But also I’ll never forget FGR away either!!

Anyway truth will come out one day  and in the meantime Chansiri haters will spout their bile as well.

Right whose next?

Dean Smith

Nathan Jones

Frank Lampard

Steve Gerrard

Bruno Lage

Michael Duff

Benito Carbone

Or a return of Carlos?

These statements from Moore have been playing on my mind a bit:

1) “I would like to take this time to acknowledge the chairman, Mr Chansiri, for giving me the opportunity to manage this great football club in Sheffield Wednesday“

2) “I would like to thank all the players, past and present, that I have had the joy of working with over my time here.”

3) “Now to the loyal fantastic fans, all you Wednesdayites, I want to thank you personally and from the bottom of my heart.“

No thanks to Chansiri at all. I don’t think that’s a mistake or down to a rushed statement being put together on Moore’s part, I think it’s deliberate! 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bellsview said:

1) “I would like to take this time to acknowledge the chairman, Mr Chansiri, for giving me the opportunity to manage this great football club in Sheffield Wednesday“

2) “I would like to thank all the players, past and present, that I have had the joy of working with over my time here.”

3) “Now to the loyal fantastic fans, all you Wednesdayites, I want to thank you personally and from the bottom of my heart.“

No thanks to Chansiri at all. I don’t think that’s a mistake or down to a rushed statement being put together on Moore’s part, I think it’s deliberate! 

Yep, thought that myself, Bells.

3 minutes ago, 80s Owl said:

This was as much of a shock as Megson going all those years ago, you like to think that when a termination like this occurs the owner has someone lined up, DC doesn't seem to work that way.

Said that to the mates earlier: "We're nowhere near Dooley territory here but it feels just like sacking Megson straight after beating United."

• Like 1

So anyone else waking up today still fairly perplexed about events yesterday. A genuine WTF moment but let's be honest it's not the first time in our history.

Ultimately I don't get fretful about a manager leaving, a player leaving or those that never arrive. 

I can readily accept the negative  points made about Moore's capabilities. And he scraped over the line much to our collective relief, but the legitimate concern was that was drama that should not have arisen.

The doubt now was he pushed, as he jumped. No such thing as mutual consent really. 

If the former then the ball is firmly in Chansiri's court to ensure that decision does not backfire on the Club and him.

Saying that 2 summers ago the Club felt at a low ebb and to give credit Chansiri did step up. I think we have to give time to see what develops before we castigate too much.

We talked about the Wednesday way at times last season, here we go again as someone once sang 

Perhaps whilst we await developments there is time for reflection on Moore's tenure.

The positive is definitely the engagement with the fans, the community work, the way he spoke on subjects at times.

The players seemed to like him and when it mattered played for him

He had an ability to attract players

He appeared to have a good working relationship with the owner

He got out of League 1

For each of those I could counter. I will leave that to others 

I think there will have been conversations where DC has laid out expectations to be challenging at the top end of the Division and Darren Moore has believed it is not something he could deliver with he tools / budget available. 

This will have brought about further discussions which has led to where we are today.  Chansiri will already have had doubts brought on by post Barnsley and FGR games and DM's stock will be high at present to allow him to move on to the next available position.  Perhaps the departure of Downes and additional workload on Moore may have had a bearing. 

8 hours ago, Bellsview said:

Sounds like a polite sacking. Sailed to close to the wind.

I think in terms of timing it’s killing a lot of work behind the scenes and good momentum but i think there are managers on that list of availability that are better than many that have been available in a long time. Moore very difficult to replace as a man and leader but as a tactician he’s a rookie at championship level. I do think he deserved a shot but there must be method to the madness.

The obvious fear is that we can’t do much in the market or some other behind the scenes issue but I think Moore would have had a crack anyway unless he had a new job. After what’s just happened I just don’t think he’d leave. 

Can’t let this drag on now. Get your man and get cracking 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

So anyone else waking up today still fairly perplexed about events yesterday. A genuine WTF moment but let's be honest it's not the first time in our history.

Ultimately I don't get fretful about a manager leaving, a player leaving or those that never arrive. 

I can readily accept the negative  points made about Moore's capabilities. And he scraped over the line much to our collective relief, but the legitimate concern was that was drama that should not have arisen.

The doubt now was he pushed, as he jumped. No such thing as mutual consent really. 

If the former then the ball is firmly in Chansiri's court to ensure that decision does not backfire on the Club and him.

Saying that 2 summers ago the Club felt at a low ebb and to give credit Chansiri did step up. I think we have to give time to see what develops before we castigate too much.

We talked about the Wednesday way at times last season, here we go again as someone once sang 

Well I’ve just cracked my first beer of the day around the pool in Costa del sol and having thought about it through my brandy soaked brain I’m actually  not that surprised that DM has gone now, I mean he aged every single one of us by 10 years the season but let’s be reyt we was awful for the last 3rd and although it was brilliant to win at Wembley blah blah did I want that day out? Did I fuck.

good luck Daz the jobs just got to big for ya pal

all the best 

Winco!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Otto_Man said:

Doesn't really explain getting rid of the whole coaching staff though Ty. As loyal a bunch as they all may be, I can't imagine they've all fallen on their swords over that, but who knows?!

Alot work on the basis arrive with the manager leave with the manager, the chances are their contract were all up as well. 

Personally wouldn't be surprised if its a case of Chansiri wanting playoffs next season but expecting to do that with frees and loans, Moore has told him it's unrealistic and we should be looking at consolidation and they've decided to go their own ways.   

Let's be honest the work he's done off the pitch with reconnecting the fans with the club far outweighs the work on the pitch. 

7 minutes ago, OwlMR said:

Alot work on the basis arrive with the manager leave with the manager, the chances are their contract were all up as well. 

Personally wouldn't be surprised if its a case of Chansiri wanting playoffs next season but expecting to do that with frees and loans, Moore has told him it's unrealistic and we should be looking at consolidation and they've decided to go their own ways.   

Let's be honest the work he's done off the pitch with reconnecting the fans with the club far outweighs the work on the pitch. 

He's have undone all that had we not performed a miracle in the play offs though.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, OwlMR said:

I want success not group hugs.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Andyben said:

So would CC returning with Jose Semedo involved on coaching staff be a step forward or back on the morale front.

I think you know my answer on the former 

Semedo (indeed perhaps Loovens) would be a sop to the fan base

lets be honest no-one is sad Jamie Smith is out on his ear. The 10 minute mothers meeting deciding a substitution used to grind my gears 

Ironically for all the criticism, Moore's last ever sub as it transpired to bring on FDB for Baz worked to a fashion 

And whilst the players liking the manager is better than the opposite, you don't want it to get too all pals either 

• Like 1

I had a dream (not like Martin Luther King or Carlos) a few weeks ago and whilst I don’t remember the dream itself, I do remember the feeling of waking up believing we’d been promoted to the Championship. Unfortunately, this occurred between the 1st and 2nd legs of the playoff semi-final and what I then had was the realisation that we were 4-0 down and the season was all but done. I woke up this morning with the same sinking feeling. 
It’s not just that we’ve lost a good manager and a good man, it’s that after having such a quick turnaround to do transfer business already, we’ve wasted what will probably turn out to be around a month and all but confirmed that a season that was looking so positive will be one of struggle. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Winco said:

I want success not group hugs.

Totally agree and that was my point he's done good work off it but on it, it was bleak. 

Can't think of a game last season in the normal league season where we came away thinking wow we've played really well today.

The slightly disconcerting aspect is if the growing rumours are correct that its a difference in view on what will be required in the Championship then the question really has to be whether if Chansiri is unable to fund the Club to a reasonable level then he needs to find a way out sharpish 

Lets be honest next season looks like it will be a relegation struggle from Day 1 if that is the case 

And any momentum we might have taken into the season has basically gone  

I don't think a repeat of the lavish transfer splurge is the correct approach but for every Luton that has managed on a shoe string there are plenty of others that fail 

And simply our plan that enabled the success for Luton is not in place. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

I think there will have been conversations where DC has laid out expectations to be challenging at the top end of the Division and Darren Moore has believed it is not something he could deliver with he tools / budget available. 

This will have brought about further discussions which has led to where we are today.  Chansiri will already have had doubts brought on by post Barnsley and FGR games and DM's stock will be high at present to allow him to move on to the next available position.  Perhaps the departure of Downes and additional workload on Moore may have had a bearing. 

This is seemingly where the issue lies. The star lot are talking about it.

It was the only other feasible reason as to why it's all happened beyond, Moore leaving for WBA, or DC losing his nut and firing the gun (which we know he's not trigger happy). 

18 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

The slightly disconcerting aspect is if the growing rumours are correct that its a difference in view on what will be required in the Championship then the question really has to be whether if Chansiri is unable to fund the Club to a reasonable level then he needs to find a way out sharpish 

Lets be honest next season looks like it will be a relegation struggle from Day 1 if that is the case 

And any momentum we might have taken into the season has basically gone  

I don't think a repeat of the lavish transfer splurge is the correct approach but for every Luton that has managed on a shoe string there are plenty of others that fail 

And simply our plan that enabled the success for Luton is not in place. 

Or maybe DC can see the light at the end of tunnel! Has watched what the pigs have achieved on a few decent signings and loaners have them up automatically and a much more attractive but for someone.

Chansiri will have a fair bit of explaining to do.

This will impact our preparation for the coming season, with ticket and shirt prices already an issue for a few people, he's only added fuel to the fire in a situation where we're still waiting to understand the what and the why from this latest fallout.

16 minutes ago, Winco said:

Or maybe DC can see the light at the end of tunnel! Has watched what the pigs have achieved on a few decent signings and loaners have them up automatically and a much more attractive but for someone.

that did not happen overnight though 

And they languished in League 1 for a number of years whilst building the platform 

Last years recruitment was to get a squad to get us out of that league but you can't then click your figures and hope to mirror the Pigs, or Luton 

I always argued against the throwing money at it option anyway - built on sand. But frankly the whole club ethos continues to be that and the short termism simply does us no favours. 

For me he needs to sell up and let someone else with a bit more acumen football wise to lead us 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, OwlMR said:

Totally agree and that was my point he's done good work off it but on it, it was bleak. 

Can't think of a game last season in the normal league season where we came away thinking wow we've played really well today.

I can think of fucking loads, Plymouth, Newcastle in the cup, Cambridge, Derby that's just off the top of my head.