Moore has left the club by mutual consent

5 minutes ago, Winco said:

Never known so many grown get their period at the same time!

cards on the table did anyone actually believe we would’ve loved forward?

I look at this 2 ways

1) Moore was a positive force for the Club and he deserved a chance

2) Your 2nd point is dependent on whether you think that Chansiri and his hangers on will actually make a decision here that will move us forward.

His track record suggests not 

I think it's the complete surprise but huge uncertainty it brings. The performance of the players was definitely enhanced by Moore, in their heads if not necessarily tactically.

1 minute ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

As you say who knows - in hindsight it may be a masterstroke, but as we stand at the moment it seems incredibly risky and the negativity this will generate in the fan base but in football in general 

Moore was a positive force with the local and national media

Fair to say Chansiri isn't 

And after the recruitment manager went to Blackpool, DC announced that any / all external recruitment folks, (can't rememberv actual phrase he used), had been told to contact DM.  His greatest personal quality was his man management, with almost all our signings pointing at him as a huge factor in them signing.  That has now joined the Blackpool bloke in exiting our club as we (hopefully) seek to actually recruit some vital players.

2 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Nice day out n all that but still a travesty that a club with our budget didn't go up automatically.

That's squarely at Moore's feet, and I wouldn't have trusted him this season.

Lovely bloke and I honestly wish him all the best but move on 

Agreed but to be fair it was only the performance levels of Ipswich and Plymouth that prevented that.

Deep down my issue is that chopping and changing has not worked for us in the past, it rarely works for most clubs and the owners track record simply does not fill me with any confidence

And this decision after a positive few weeks for the Club means Chansiri is now on a hiding to nothing if this goes bad with a new appointment

Saying that perhaps Bannan has suggested he should have the player / manager role 

4 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Nice day out n all that but still a travesty that a club with our budget didn't go up automatically.

That's squarely at Moore's feet, and I wouldn't have trusted him this season.

Lovely bloke and I honestly wish him all the best but move on 

He produced a points total that would get automatic any other year. He can't control what two other teams do bar for 4 games out of 92

Moore does not strike me as someone who would throw his toys out of the pram if he didn't have the budget he wanted tbh

• Like 2

I don’t think Moore will have gone because he didn’t have the budget. We’ve not had a budget since he came (other than we can offer good wages) and he’s never moaned before. Perhaps more that DC wanted to spend and didn’t trust DM with the money. Who knows. It will all come out in the wash. 

2 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Whoever comes in will tell you how our spending will go.

Piss myself if it's Michael Duff though.

I never thought there would be massive spending on transfer fees really 

The real spending is always on wages, loan fees etc 

If we are not going to be competitive in the Championship there was bugger all reason getting promoted 

And Chansiri seemed desperate to get out of that League

Fucking hell, I didnt see that coming and Im split on this.

Was he the manager to take us to the next level? Probably not. Is he a good man who seemed to have the hearts of the players? Looks like it.

Before I make any judgement I want to hear both sides of the story AND see who is coming in as his replacement. We could certainly have done with out the disruption and instability. But then again, how confident were the majority of us that DM was still going to be in the job come October?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

I never thought there would be massive spending on transfer fees really 

The real spending is always on wages, loan fees etc 

If we are not going to be competitive in the Championship there was bugger all reason getting promoted 

And Chansiri seemed desperate to get out of that League

He wants to get into the Prem. It can’t be about a lack of budget.

Edited by Supercockle

Just now, Beaconowl said:

Fucking hell, I didnt see that coming and Im split on this.

Was he the manager to take us to the next level? Probably not. Is he a good man who seemed to have the hearts of the players? Looks like it.

Before I make any judgement I want to hear both sides of the story AND see who is coming in as his replacement. We could certainly have done with out the disruption and instability. But then again, how confident were the majority of us that DM was still going to be in the job come October?

I can't say I would be that confident any new chap would be safe come October knowing Chansiri

The fact is Moore is an hard act to follow, had a good home record as well, any new manager (unless a real rabbit out the hat) starts with little leeway 

There is another possibility here, personal reasons. Maybe Moore just wanted a job closer to home and he thought this was a good time to leave whilst on a high. Whilst at the same time Chansiri wasn’t wholly convinced after some of the performances last season. 

I am disappointed but I don’t think there’s anything sinister going on here, just a mutual parting of ways. In other words I believe the statement. 

Just now, Chelters said:

There is another possibility here, personal reasons. Maybe Moore just wanted a job closer to home and he thought this was a good time to leave whilst on a high. Whilst at the same time Chansiri wasn’t wholly convinced after some of the performances last season. 

I am disappointed but I don’t think there’s anything sinister going on here, just a mutual parting of ways. In other words I believe the statement. 

Stop being rational 🤪

2 minutes ago, Chelters said:

And took all of his staff with him? I doubt it. 

4 minutes ago, Sheffieldblue said:

Any takers on lee bullen. Probably more likely than Robins unfortunately.

I've come out of brentford a few times wishing we had a manager like dean Smith. Out of work. Perhaps his best days are behind him though

Please God, no!

Another point to consider is how will the players feel about this? 

They seemed to love Moore so how many will look to disconnect? 

Does Windass think fuck it when Martin comes calling at Southampton? What about Bannan if someone starts making enquiries? Paterson probably re-signed because of Moore. 

There'll be clubs and agents looking to take advantage if we seem to be rudderless. The majority of our squad have one year left so they could be considered cheap pickings. Our rebuild could have just become a whole lot more complicated 

• Like 1

It’s mutual consent, so for me Chansiri instigated it but Moore and his team know they have job offers so being freed from their contracts will help them get better deals. I think Chansiri knows who’s coming in and probably made that decision during the 8 game run. 

I know nothing though and have had to have a beer on the strength of the news.  

I saw a screenshot saying betting on Carlos was suspended. 

17 minutes ago, Chelters said:

I really hope you’re right. 

Well I never saw that coming. Tbh I had to check the club website after I’d seen it on social media bc I thought it was a joke.

Like others on here I had still had some doubts about DM but he achieved the goal of getting us promoted with a multitude of records etc so thought he’d be in the job next season.

I can’t think of many more scenarios than have already been suggested but the only slight build I’d offer is whether DC had decided after the Pboro caning that DMs time was up and started the ball rolling and thinks he’s got an upgrade sorted already.

As some have said it’s a risk changing manager, and you have to wonder what an incoming manager has been promised given what happened in the last 4weeks.

As for potential new managers, I’d love Potter but it won’t happen (how could it), I’d be OK-ish with  any younger managers that have managed in the Championship and got a promotion or near enough, ie set up the team that someone else ultimately got over the line. Just hoping like others it’s a no mark like Jos weve never heard of and has no clue about the league or the club - surely not again, DC has learnt hasn’t he!