Moore has left the club by mutual consent

1 hour ago, Andyben said:

So would CC returning with Jose Semedo involved on coaching staff be a step forward or back on the morale front.

Mmmm. Interesting thought. Morale wise, could be worse if that happens although personally I wouldn't be thst keen

5 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

That to be fair was 100% the correct decision

Wasn't commenting on whether it was or not, simply on the feelings it immediately engendered.  Shock and disgust. Not helped by being told by a smirking Blade barman.  The first time he'd spoken since we'd beat them the previous weekend. 

This is a long one.

Firstly, if the owner has done this without a plan, it’s taking a big risk. 14 senior pros with two to still sign, an aging squad that needs young bodies. A play of win that shortens our recruitment window… it’s a taking a chance.

So let me start by what I have heard. There are two things. I was in corporate at Wembley and an ex player was on a neighbouring table who said that DC had ‘fired’ Moore after the loss at Peterborough. But Moore and some of the players had convinced him otherwise. Then, in the furore of last night, I was told by someone that Moore was unhappy about being told he was losing control of transfers. Moore submitted his list, DC didn’t agree, DC submitted a separate list, Moore didn’t agree. They agreed to part terms.

What’s my opinion? I do think Moore deserved a go. The cold facts are that we finished on 96 points which everyone of us would have taken in August. We had an unbeaten run that we did genuinely look unbeatable, and I don’t say that lightly. We were brilliant defensively and very efficient in the last third. The Xg against was the best in all 4 divisions. Moore takes credit for that.

It went wrong at Barnsley, but you can pin it on the loss of Windass and Byers. To give credit to Moore, what he did was change the style. He didnt trust the other midfielders with the exception of Bannan and Byers, we became a bit more ale house and I think it did work when we got Pato fully fit. And it was plainly obvious the players were playing for him. You don’t win that second leg, or the final without that.

Moore can and should be criticized for his transfer record, his record with loans and under 27’s is rubbish. He didn’t fully develop other systems although tried to play them with mixed success. He really struggled against better sides when they were on top, and appeared to be outthought at times.

So, we are now looking for another manager for perhaps the wrong reasons. If DC has someone lined up that he feels can get success and will come in his week, it’s not great but it points at a plan. If he hasn’t, and we are going to spend 2-3 weeks recruiting, and then giving the manager 3-4 weeks to assess the squad and style and bring players in, it’s utterly brainless. But, we are an attractive project to a coach if we have money to spend. And we want the owner to learn from an embarrassing series of errors he made last time around.

I hope for the best, I fear the worst and we’ll learn a lot tonight.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, Delseeds said:

Chansiri will have a fair bit of explaining to do.

This will impact our preparation for the coming season, with ticket and shirt prices already an issue for a few people, he's only added fuel to the fire in a situation where we're still waiting to understand the what and the why from this latest fallout.

Who to, his mum?

22 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Just had a message from a mate...

so from a good source, Chansiri didn't want to renew all the staff contracts as didn't rate them all, Moore said it was all or nothing. So it was nothing. None of them had a contract for next year, including Moore

TBH if that is true, particularly the piece I have highlighted, I dont blame either party. DM was being loyal to his staff and Chansiri didnt like some of them.

With that in mind, in a normal business, you dont make these types of decisions unless you have a back up. Knowing the "Wednesday Way" we wont have that back up in place 

Edited by Beaconowl

29 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Just had a message from a mate...

so from a good source, Chansiri didn't want to renew all the staff contracts as didn't rate them all, Moore said it was all or nothing. So it was nothing. None of them had a contract for next year, including Moore

By good source, he means he’s read the thread on owlstalk 

17 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Would make sense with the entire back room staff going too 

However, I’m of the opinion you trust your manager, especially one that has just delivered what he did.

When it goes wrong you hold him accountable.

There could also be an element of DM and staff thinking they deserve longer term contracts and asking for them, I mean who doesn’t want security in their life? 

Shoplifters?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, KrolMong said:

This is a long one.

Firstly, if the owner has done this without a plan, it’s taking a big risk. 14 senior pros with two to still sign, an aging squad that needs young bodies. A play of win that shortens our recruitment window… it’s a taking a chance.

So let me start by what I have heard. There are two things. I was in corporate at Wembley and an ex player was on a neighbouring table who said that DC had ‘fired’ Moore after the loss at Peterborough. But Moore and some of the players had convinced him otherwise. Then, in the furore of last night, I was told by someone that Moore was unhappy about being told he was losing control of transfers. Moore submitted his list, DC didn’t agree, DC submitted a separate list, Moore didn’t agree. They agreed to part terms.

What’s my opinion? I do think Moore deserved a go. The cold facts are that we finished on 96 points which everyone of us would have taken in August. We had an unbeaten run that we did genuinely look unbeatable, and I don’t say that lightly. We were brilliant defensively and very efficient in the last third. The Xg against was the best in all 4 divisions. Moore takes credit for that.

It went wrong at Barnsley, but you can pin it on the loss of Windass and Byers. To give credit to Moore, what he did was change the style. He didnt trust the other midfielders with the exception of Bannan and Byers, we became a bit more ale house and I think it did work when we got Pato fully fit. And it was plainly obvious the players were playing for him. You don’t win that second leg, or the final without that.

Moore can and should be criticized for his transfer record, his record with loans and under 27’s is rubbish. He didn’t fully develop other systems although tried to play them with mixed success. He really struggled against better sides when they were on top, and appeared to be outthought at times.

So, we are now looking for another manager for perhaps the wrong reasons. If DC has someone lined up that he feels can get success and will come in his week, it’s not great but it points at a plan. If he hasn’t, and we are going to spend 2-3 weeks recruiting, and then giving the manager 3-4 weeks to assess the squad and style and bring players in, it’s utterly brainless. But, we are an attractive project to a coach if we have money to spend. And we want the owner to learn from an embarrassing series of errors he made last time around.

This is one of the better posts I've read on the subject and does seem plausible, it would go someway to explaining the effort put in for the 2nd leg v Peterborough.

DC could make amends by appointing a decent name manager quickly, in reality he's probably not even started the process.

16 hours ago, Tylluan said:

Just had a tenner on Torsten Lieberknecht as he's the random German that nobody has heard of outside of Germany with ex Doyen links

Stuart Webber available as Sporting Director and has a track record of getting promoted from the Championship with German coaches, and without spending much.  That Lieberknecht bloke got Darmstadt up from Bundesliga B last season on a limited budget.  One of his first team regulars was Christoph Zimmerman, who was one of Webber’s Norwich signings…

Ok I’m probably being optimistic and trying to imagine a coherent long term plan.  More likely Chansiri and Moore fell out over how much was going to be spent on the pre season training camp.

7 minutes ago, Delseeds said:

Thinking more when he gets bombarded with questions by fans at the forum, but aye... his mam

Sorry my post was a little trite, was in middle of something else.

What I meant to say was he answers to nobody, really, it's his club and his money back on the line and he's always, without fail, wanted us to succeed.

5 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Sorry my post was a little trite, was in middle of something else.

What I meant to say was he answers to nobody, really, it's his club and his money back on the line and he's always, without fail, wanted us to succeed.

^^^ in a nutshell. And until one of us wins the euro millions or invents summat the world needs its up

to him.

1 hour ago, KrolMong said:

This is a long one.

There’s a bit from Wembley that has stuck with me since I saw it. Moore and Chansiri have a sort of congratulatory hug/handshake and a few words. Chansiri pulls that face of someone who has just been told “told you so” and is bang to rights. 

It’s from about 35 seconds on here:

3 hours ago, Otto_Man said:

I can think of fucking loads, Plymouth, Newcastle in the cup, Cambridge, Derby that's just off the top of my head.

Newcastle was one off cup game. 

Plymouth yeah would agree with that we attacked and played without the shackles on. 

Derby was awful we played against 10 men and won from a pen it was far from a great performance. 

Cambridge??? Really?

Edited by OwlMR

2 games ago most of the ones hailing Moore as the new Pep wanted him gone. 

Would he have even got that far if they were in charge after Forest Green away?

We had an unbelievable few weeks but in all honesty we should've had the title. Would any of us trust him fully with bagfulls of money? How many times as he had a lack of plan B?

DC gets the stick but he backs his managers as far as he can. Maybe not as financially as some would like but they get the time. A shame that he picks randoms. 

• Like 1