Moore has left the club by mutual consent

1 minute ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Based on the timing. 

It’s more logical than you’re takeover incoming nonsense 

Or that he didn’t know what he was doing, that can never be aimed at anyone that delivers 96 points and the greatest comeback in play off history 

The players delivered the come back not some tactical master plan 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Why badly timed @Owling_Wolf?

Squad on holiday, new manager has plenty of time to get new players and new methods into team

I can only assume from your response that you think the owner planned this and has the incoming all ready to go.  If so, that would be brutal but, to a degree, that's football.  If my gut feeling is correct, that they've had a bust up over transfer policy, that's an absolute disaster, at least timing-wise.  About three weeks to our first pre-season friendly and what, 6 or 7 weeks until the real thing?  A squad nowhere near ready for this division and we're just about to advertise for a manager and all his staff?  Bonkers if so.

Remember all that about we'd done all the homework, for both (divisions) eventuallities?  I'm thinking that all just went out of the window. 

There’s a few schools of thought.

1. Moore has been approached by someone else.

2. They have had a bust up over budget, and we will be very frugal.

3. Chansiri has money and he doesn’t trust Moore with it or he doesn’t think he can do it a division higher.

4. Chansiri wanted someone in regardless.

5. There’s new owners coming in and he’s off.

My own opinion was that Moore deserved a go, and that’s it’s a very brave decision considering the owners managerial record. It could be a master stroke, it could be a disaster.

2 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

3. Chansiri has money and he doesn’t trust Moore with it or he doesn’t think he can do it a division higher.

My own opinion was that Moore deserved a go, and that’s it’s a very brave decision considering the owners managerial record. It could be a master stroke, it could be a disaster.

Number 3

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Agreed.  The wording of DM's statement makes it clear he wasn't intending to leave.  Hugely worrying and desperately badly timed.

Them being pictured mooching around the city together the other night suggests all was well….. 

Maybe it’s post that chat?

5 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

I’d rather he didn’t go at all. It’s the picture it creates about the current state of the club and what’s to come 

When I talk of the timing, I’m not suggesting it’s bad timing, more strange and coincidental. We should be very active in the transfer market now, we’ve not been. Doesn’t take much working out does it?

I could be wrong and it might be he wants someone else more accustomed to this level, but then why not 10-14 days ago? 

How this impacts the morale and the good vibe that Moore has definitely created, to be thrown away and risk a new manager (where history shows Chansiri's track record is very poor) just absolutely amazes me.

Maybe Moore is leaving at the top with his head held high.

Maybe he has been approached

Who the hell knows. 

1 minute ago, KrolMong said:

1. The way they’ve announced it as mutual consent make this seem unlikely, unless Moore was out of contract and so no compensation. 

2. I think it’s this, Chansiri not giving enough resources or control. 

3-4. I don’t think these are likely, Chansiri seems too passive.

5. We’re not that lucky. 

Just now, Sheffieldblue said:

Has any other club shot themselves in the foot as often as us?

Be a few candidates, but when even my Mrs expressed real surprise and disappointment in the news, this is going at both feet and one to the knee cap for hood measure.

I genuinely think the risks (if Moore is really being pushed) far outweigh any gains here.

I accept Andyben's point that a poor start to the season may have seen him under pressure and sacked. The vast majority of fans sort of see that becomes inevitable

But now, at a time when there is a good vibe around, pulling victory from the jaws of defeat as we did, I am perplexed.

But in my 49 years of watching us, nothing ultimately surprises me or in football full stop

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Andyben said:

How have we done that today @Sheffieldblue

As you say who knows - in hindsight it may be a masterstroke, but as we stand at the moment it seems incredibly risky and the negativity this will generate in the fan base but in football in general 

Moore was a positive force with the local and national media

Fair to say Chansiri isn't 

Nice day out n all that but still a travesty that a club with our budget didn't go up automatically.

That's squarely at Moore's feet, and I wouldn't have trusted him this season.

Lovely bloke and I honestly wish him all the best but move on 

• Like 1

That is a shocker.  

Im disappointed he’s gone; yes, because of the last two games of the season but mainly because of the way he’s given the community their football club back. He cared about the fans, saw the club was broken and did a lot to fix that IMO. 

Im sorry to see him leave the club. I don’t think anyone thought he’d take us to the promised land; as a manager most of us questioned his ability but he’s been good for the club. I wish him well, unless he joins L**ds in which he would be considered deceased. 

• Like 1