Moore has left the club by mutual consent

I probably disagree on 3) Andy, don't think it was really a witch hunt. The chances to get the stadium sale right were there, the ruddy EFL at the time were almost spelling it out in an Idiots Guide. 

I think it was a degree of arrogance that the rules did not really apply, then the EFL changed at the top. I suppose that was a time I questioned the advice he wasn't getting or the advice he was getting and ignoring.

Bruce was an unfortunate scenario, but given that and the very mixed track record on appointments the decision to part ways with Moore still seems strange 

Bruce had time to get us into the play offs, we were above villa when he started the job after sunning his fat head in the Caribbean for a month after being appointed 

And fuck knows how we were ever 3rd under monk, it was shite and by the time covid hit, we’d had our arses handed to us by both Blackburn and Brentford. The bozeyed fraud should have been sacked a lot sooner (or never appointed in the first place)

I’m coming round to the parting of ways.

Moore thinks the squad (with 6+ additions) won’t make the playoffs, Chansiri does.  DC has rolled the dice that he can find someone who can do a better job. If he doesn’t do a better job than Moore then he’s in no worse a position (because Moore presumably said it was a consolation year) and if he does, he’s getting closer to where DC wants us to he. He’d already seen that Moore had his limitations and then DM backed up his thinking when he talked the team’s chances down. 

I’m in the garden drinking and smoking after 5 days at Glastonbury, so my thinking might be a little askew. 

Makes sense to me sc. It looks like Glastonbury was tremendous from what I’ve seen onTV.

Back to the manager situation - very hypothetical question, but would you rather have  10/10 coach with a 6/10 squad or vice versa.

My feeling is an outstanding coach would generally be a better option than throwing a load of money at players and having a mediocre/ journeyman coach. The trouble is finding one  - 10/10 coach I mean, bc we are going to have to get one that’s on his way up, ie we aren’t going to get Pep etc knocking on our door.

Furthermore, I’d rather wait another week or even a month if it means getting a coach that’s going to here for more than 9months, even if we are desperate for players - see my earlier comment.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

Back to the manager situation - very hypothetical question, but would you rather have  10/10 coach with a 6/10 squad or vice versa.

I think we had a 6/10 manager this season and his players won him most of the games despite his tactics. I'll give him massive credit for how he prepared them for the 2nd leg against Peterborough and made them believe it was possible 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Presume he will be touted as soon as a manager gets the chop elsewhere. 

It will be interesting if he ends up in League 1 at a lower budget club what he achieves or in fact doesn't.

I appreciate the pressure and  expectations last season forced the change of style toward the end, but it was disappointing we resorted to it. 

Tbf at times there was decent football but it was the exception.