Managerial Merry Go Round 22/23

Odd one that. Were poor at Huddersfield, perhaps harshly treated at Pompey, but haven’t pulled up any trees.

Appleton can argue he’s been harshly treated given budget.

45 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Appleton gone from Blackpool along with his backroom staff. 

Cowleys are in the frame.

4 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

Odd one that. Were poor at Huddersfield, perhaps harshly treated at Pompey, but haven’t pulled up any trees.

Appleton can argue he’s been harshly treated given budget.

Cowleys didn’t fail at Huddersfield. They achieved what they were brought in to do, stay in the Championship. 
Pompey wasn’t a success though.

Appleton is a weird one, but not winning in ten games I think it is, is a precursor to a sacking these days. No longevity in many jobs these days is there. 

1 hour ago, Paul from Wisewood said:

Nice pay off, 6 month off, then he’ll walk back into another premier league job 

Will he?

I think he’s more than a bit tarnished after Chelsea and Everton and a modest time at Derby. I think his next job will be championship. Somewhere like Sunderland or Millwall if they start badly next season. 

5 minutes ago, M42Owl said:

Will he?

I think he’s more than a bit tarnished after Chelsea and Everton and a modest time at Derby. I think his next job will be championship. Somewhere like Sunderland or Millwall if they start badly next season. 

You on drugs?

40 minutes ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

If I was at Everton Id be looking to get Sean Dyche in as their manager. Not glamorous or owt but will steady the ship and make them hard to beat and probably keep them in the PL. Question will be can he manage the squad theyve assembled.

Poisoned Chalice for anyone who takes that job

That club are an absolute shambles at the moment heading on a downward spiral. In the event they are relegated from the PL, I wouldn't be surprised if they do a Wolves/Sunderland and drop to league one straight away irrespective of their parachute payments. 

They're probably the second worst run club in the country at the moment behind Scunthorpe United

Edited by Kiwi Owl

It’s definitely a mess at Goodison and has been for a good few years. Spending cash like it’s going out of fashion on the likes of Dele Alli, losing Richarlison and not going anywhere near replacing him. 
And that’s just on the pitch!

It’s a shame, I’ve always had a bit of a soft spot for Everton, dunno why as I hated them in the 80s! Those 5 goal defeats and that semi final lived in the memory for a long time!

Always liked going to Goodison too, yes, it needed updating, but like our place it has a charm that the new grounds just can’t replicate.