Managerial Merry Go Round 22/23

Nagelsmann and De Zerbi have both turned down official approaches from Tottenham. 

De Zerbi has said he is solely concentrating on Brighton and has no intention of moving. 

The money is on Nagelsmann's waiting for a call from Chelsea but there's a rumour gathering pace that Klopp has lined him up to take over at Liverpool when he leaves at the end of the season 

Wasn’t he only brought in as an interim, end of the season job anyway?

Sacking managers really seems to have gone in to overdrive this season, usually it feels for those sides with something to play for that there’s an unwritten cut off point around the end of February, at which you decide to either make a change or back your man until the end of the season. Obviously there’s been a few in the premier league sacked this last week, and still talk of others potentially going. 

Talk of Warnock earlier on another thread had be wondering how far away we are from one club paying compensation for another clubs interim manager. 

• Like 1

Short termism and fan power rear their ugly heads again in football as Robbie Neilson is sacked by Hearts.

Let's look at his record at the club...

First spell:

Inherits a relegated squad.

Wins Championship title at a canter (ahead of Rangers and Hibs).

Finishes 3rd upon return to the top flight.

Sitting 2nd when he decides to join MK Dons.

Second spell:

Inherits a relegated squad.

Wins Championship title at a canter.

Finishes 3rd upon return to the top flight (I'm spotting a pattern here).

Qualifies for group stage European football.

Two Scottish Cup finals.

Sitting 3rd until defeat on Saturday (now 4th).

It's fair to say this season has been somewhat up and down. Long term injuries to key players has seen the spine of the team obliterated. Recent results have also been poor (6 defeats out of 7).

This is where fan ownership comes in. Some sections have never liked him and look for any excuse to complain bitterly. Apparently his football is boring. I can't say I agree, but not to worry. And, besides, it's a results business. The above can only be described as continued success, especially in Scotland where finishing anywhere higher than 3rd is an absolute pipe dream.

So, with a number of members of the 'Foundation of Hearts' threatening to stop their monthly donations, plus the possibility of not actually finishing 3rd, the panic button has been well and truly pressed.

Modern day football. Don't you just love it? 😐

8 hours ago, Tylluan said:

@EastCraigsOwl

Could he???

Haha.

Based solely on his tenure at MK, possibly not.

I'm sure he'll find another job in Scotland soon enough. It shouldn't be forgotten he also won the Championship with Dundee United, ending their prolonged spell in the second tier, so he's not just a one trick pony.

English football is a whole different ball game though, as we know.

12 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Stade Rennais?

Should I stop supporting us because I left Sheffield in 1996?

What part of Rotherham /Barnsley / Worksop are you from?

Just think you'd be more suited to prawn sandwich grazing areas as your snootiness would seem to blend in better.

Hillsborough was my first family home as a matter of fact but I've also moved away (for work) yet I don't denigrate the area from where I'm from and look down on folk.

1 hour ago, Ozzie said:

Just think you'd be more suited to prawn sandwich grazing areas as your snootiness would seem to blend in better.

Hillsborough was my first family home as a matter of fact but I've also moved away (for work) yet I don't denigrate the area from where I'm from and look down on folk.

So who do you support now then, mug?

Simple fact is that it f we were located in or around London we'd have been bought by somebody with deep pockets and be n the PL 

17 hours ago, Andyben said:

So who do you support now then, mug?

Simple fact is that it f we were located in or around London we'd have been bought by somebody with deep pockets and be n the PL 

We're not located just outside London though are we? Unless you want us to be another MK Franchise. 

We are where we are and to move grounds to be fashionable and attract big pocketed investors is not what football is about. If that's what you're into then why stick with Wednesday?