Managerial Merry Go Round 22/23

Klopp will be fine. They have an aging midfield and that will be addressed in the summer. Defensively, aside from at right back, they will be fine. And the people he’s brought in up top will all score goals.

He needs to find upgrades for Fabinho, Milner and Henderson.

They also need a right back desperately. TAA is done in that position.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Skamp said:

Nathan Jones cost Southampton £8.4m for 94 days work, winning 1 premier league game. His £1.25m per year contract will be paid in full. To make it worse Southampton paid Luton £4m to get him in the first place!

Clubs take out insurance for this sort of things nowadays but it's still stupid money

53 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Interesting that Lineker asked him about availability at the Spurs cup game where he was doing the "expert" bit 

Similar thing happened on last Saturday's 5Live build up, after Fighting Talk. Mark Chapman's stats man asked Wilder for a job and Wilder said "I've got to get one first.". Chapman's reply was "that can't be long now, surely."

He was a disaster at Boro’, my Boro’ supporting mates said he made Garry Monk look good and massively under achieved with a young, talented squad which is echoed by the job that Carrick has done with the same set of players.

His target at Watford is the playoffs, which is achievable, but if he doesn’t get them in the top 6, and then up, he’ll be sacked again.

42 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

He was a disaster at Boro’, my Boro’ supporting mates said he made Garry Monk look good and massively under achieved with a young, talented squad which is echoed by the job that Carrick has done with the same set of players.

His target at Watford is the playoffs, which is achievable, but if he doesn’t get them in the top 6, and then up, he’ll be sacked again.

Good, pig ****

Fairly certain he's acted cunty with pretty much every job he's had hasn't he? Pigs might not have had a manager when he was talking to McPig, but he had a job and no permission to talk to anyone. In fact didn't he resign from Oxford to take over at Northampton?

22 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

Fairly certain he's acted cunty with pretty much every job he's had hasn't he? Pigs might not have had a manager when he was talking to McPig, but he had a job and no permission to talk to anyone. In fact didn't he resign from Oxford to take over at Northampton?

Could have summed it up much easier

"Typical pig **** behaviour"

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

Vieira sacked at Palace. Didn't realise how poorly they were doing

Not overly surprised. In massive trouble. 3 points above the drop zone with teams below them winning. No league win since 31st December. 5 points from a possible 33. Only 4 goals in 11 games. Only 4 teams have a worse record in 2023 in all of England.

They were talking about him replacing Pep in the Autumn. 

8 minutes ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

Palace are always going to be a club I dislike after sending us down on the last day of the season with players they couldn’t afford and should have been penalised for (as happened to us), I’ll gloss over fvcking Leon Clarkes stupidity for the moment.

In fairness, they did get a 10 point penalty mid season but still managed to stay up... just.

We were shite that season. Very much deserved to go down.

O'connor and Potter in central midfield. Heady times indeed 🙁

8 minutes ago, EastCraigsOwl said:

In fairness, they did get a 10 point penalty mid season but still managed to stay up... just.

We were shite that season. Very much deserved to go down.

O'connor and Potter in central midfield. Heady times indeed 🙁

I know but still hate they did that to us. Never let facts get in the way of some genuine dislike 😂

• Haha 1