Managerial Merry Go Round 22/23

2 hours ago, EastCraigsOwl said:

I didn't know whether to chuckle or scream when I spotted a list of 'Next Permanent Manager odds' for the Hearts job.

Included (and, yes, I realise most of these lists are absolute shite) were none other than Chris Wilder and, er, Garry Monk 😮

Scream. Loudly. 

2 hours ago, EastCraigsOwl said:

I didn't know whether to chuckle or scream when I spotted a list of 'Next Permanent Manager odds' for the Hearts job.

Included (and, yes, I realise most of these lists are absolute shite) were none other than Chris Wilder and, er, Garry Monk 😮

Surely Ian Holloway has to be added to that list as well.

Neil MacFarlane and Kevin Muscat would be interesting choices. Muscat doing well in Japan and MacFarlane would possibly bring a load of Brentford B players with him. 

Forest have sacked the Sporting Director they brought in six months ago, instead of Cooper. 

Apparently he was talking to the wrong people about Marinakis' son playing real life football manager and being responsible for most of the summer signings. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tylluan said:

Forest have sacked the Sporting Director they brought in six months ago, instead of Cooper. 

Apparently he was talking to the wrong people about Marinakis' son playing real life football manager and being responsible for most of the summer signings. 

Does Marinakis jr know Att?

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Nagelsmann has had preliminary talks with Chelsea

I wonder if he'll change his mind with Frank being quoted today as saying Todd Boehly regularly pops into the changing room to talk to the team. Apparently he stormed in after the Brighton game to give them a bollocking and it turned into an incomprehensible rant about anything but football. 

23 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

I wonder if he'll change his mind with Frank being quoted today as saying Todd Boehly regularly pops into the changing room to talk to the team. Apparently he stormed in after the Brighton game to give them a bollocking and it turned into an incomprehensible rant about anything but football. 

I wonder if any other clubs have that issue 🤔

• Haha 2

On 17/04/2023 at 19:26, Tylluan said:

Not just Lampard.  Kepa as well, and claims it is a regular occurrence.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/chelsea-todd-boehly-lampard-kepa-29739211.amp

Ted fucking Lasso.  🤣

On 19/04/2023 at 19:59, HoylandOwl said:

Boehly, makes all other chairmen look level headed.

It's come out today that he took his mates and their kids down to the changing rooms at half time and walked in on Tuchel's team talk. They were very quickly asked to leave but the game turned out to be Tuchel's last league game.

No wonder Lampard doesn't mind him walking in.

1 hour ago, HarrySpeakup said:

Andy Monkhouse has resigned from Tadcaster Albion

He took over in January when they were rooted to the bottom of the league with just 8 draws 

He at least managed to get 4 wins from the remaining matches

Could he? 

He'll want a Bob or two 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, pook said:

😄😄 

Honest to God, I was just thinking about Tadcaster Albion yesterday as I was carrying mail.  No idea how I came to it ... but it's a helluva job that lets one's mind wander that far whilst working.  

Some fucking round you've got there 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Tylluan said:

Harry Redknapp has said Ryan Mason would be better off "dropping down one or two divisions" to hone his managerial skills and "learn the trade".

Would anyone have him at Hillsborough?

Fuck that. Spurs might try and send him some loans. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Enjoy this….

Yep theve sacked Garcia this morning. 

Got 2 laugh. Allardyce will probably keep it to 5 v City which will help goal difference. Unfortunately he will possibly do a better job than Garcia.....but let's hope not

Confirmed now. They also were interested in Pulis. I look at that Leeds team, and if Allardyce is going to play alehouse, they’ll not get another point. They were bullied by Bournemouth on Sunday - and the run in they have is nasty.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

Seems a strange one for fat Sam to take, he lost that air of invincibility when he failed to keep West Brom up, hasn't had a job since and this one looks incredibly difficult.

He might have been better reinventing himself somewhere?!

Jurassic Park?

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Otto_Man said:

Seems a strange one for fat Sam to take, he lost that air of invincibility when he failed to keep West Brom up, hasn't had a job since and this one looks incredibly difficult.

He might have been better reinventing himself somewhere?!

He's probably pocketing upwards of £200k for a couple of weeks work and his credibility, if he has any left, won't take a hit if they go down as everyone knows it's a basket case of a club. 

But it'll skyrocket if they stay up and he'll probably get a long term contract.