22-23 season non-Wednesday football tonight/ when Sky dictates

24 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

And the ability to not wilt against shit teams like we have in the past couple of months. But, £2.5m striker or whatever Broadhead cost helps. 

It does. I think he was about 1.5m but could easily be wrong. Again 😊

25 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

And the ability to not wilt against shit teams like we have in the past couple of months. But, £2.5m striker or whatever Broadhead cost helps. 

Broadhead is the best player in this division and will win them the league

No Broadhead, they wouldn't be where they are

Best £2million they've spent in a long time.

3 minutes ago, Kiwi Owl said:

Broadhead is the best player in this division and will win them the league

No Broadhead, they wouldn't be where they are

Best £2million they've spent in a long time.

Not sure he's the best player in thr league. And I reckon Broadhead or not they'd be right up there. Really good side

20 minutes ago, Mark said:

Not sure he's the best player in thr league. And I reckon Broadhead or not they'd be right up there. Really good side

That they are

He's been their version of Antonio in my opinion, the one that gets them over the line. That final piece to help star players like Chaplin and Morsy.

He wasn't playing against Cheltenham where they drew. Plus, no other player in that team would have scored the free kick he did against us to get them back into a game they were heading to lose

3 minutes ago, Kiwi Owl said:

That they are

He's been their version of Antonio in my opinion, the one that gets them over the line. That final piece to help star players like Chaplin and Morsy.

He wasn't playing against Cheltenham where they drew. Plus, no other player in that team would have scored the free kick he did against us to get them back into a game they were heading to lose

Yes he's certainly had a similar impact to Antonio. The Ipswich left back they got from Leeds looks half decent as well.

The fact in the last 2 games Ipswich have not just won, but won convincingly away from home v teams in the top 7, means you have to give them credit. Well the fans are still ***** but what grinds my shit is that they are the type of side I frankly wished Wednesday had evolved to. 

A young side playing decent attractive attacking football, with a up coming intelligent manager, sensibly run off the field as well. Which means they have a fairly decent chance of taking that base into the Championship.

I hate the short termism that envelopes everything to do with our set up. No real plan off it, no identity off it. Irrespective of where we end up another summer of mass recruitment beckons.

We are unlucky that this season 3 other sides including Barnsley in that have been exceptional, but actually the failure is endemic.

Failure at the top of the Club leads to failure on the pitch

• Like 1

Moore will go for his strongest side this week v Shrewsbury. Whilst we are still in with a theoretical chance he has to. 

The talk of resting players, well there is a week between every subsequent game so its not really needed. And I think in terms of our favourite word momentum it can be counter productive and indeed back fire

We all can guess what happens anyway, we lose to Derby then get knocked out by them in the play offs

We knock Derby out then get beat by Peterborough anyway 

The Wednesday way .......

11 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

The talk of resting players, well there is a week between every subsequent game so its not really needed. And I think in terms of our favourite word momentum it can be counter productive and indeed back fire

Smith is still massively in the red zone which is why he's blowing out of his arse and running in treacle after 20 minutes. Been told he'd need at least 10 days of complete rest if he's to be effective over 90 minutes. Also been told that Bannan isn't far behind. So we either give them the rest they need in order to get the best out of them or we spend a shed load on an oxygen tank or we run them into the ground in the hope they last out. 

37 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Smith is still massively in the red zone which is why he's blowing out of his arse and running in treacle after 20 minutes. Been told he'd need at least 10 days of complete rest if he's to be effective over 90 minutes. Also been told that Bannan isn't far behind. So we either give them the rest they need in order to get the best out of them or we spend a shed load on an oxygen tank or we run them into the ground in the hope they last out. 

If this is the case leave Smith at home Saturday and go with Gregory and Paterson.   

If a dead rubber for us leave Smith and Bannan out v Derby. 

Edited by Hirstys 12th Pint
  • Like 1

Aside from some nice football, it's been a dreadful spectacle from a 'falling over' point of view.

KDB, Grealish, Haaland and Walker couldn't wait to go down on feeling the slightest brush. Xhaka and PartB among the Arsenal skirts.

Stay up. Stay strong. Play on.

Even more pathetic is the hypocrisy of the home fans (haven't heard too much from the away end until the last few minutes). The ref gets conned and gives Arsenal a free kick. City fans boo and burst into a chorus of "you're not fit to referee", whilst deliberately failing to call out their own side's cheating.

Football's fucked. Well and truly fucked.

2 hours ago, Tylluan said:

Leave them out until Derby,ie go without at Shrewsbury 

20 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

You're all nuts. I can only imagine the reaction on here is Plymouth and/or Ipswich were to lose and we're fucking a out with carrymycarkeys jr up front...and rightly so

Whilst there is a theoretical chance then you have to play the strongest available team.

Tbh our players seem to get injured as much on the training pitch as in games 

I don't know what the coaching theory is on the capability of players at the end of a season taking two weeks off and can they then go again. Often seen with England in tournaments that not being a good thing

6 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Whilst there is a theoretical chance then you have to play the strongest available team.

Tbh our players seem to get injured as much on the training pitch as in games 

I don't know what the coaching theory is on the capability of players at the end of a season taking two weeks off and can they then go again. Often seen with England in tournaments that not being a good thing

We’ve had more than 2 weeks off 

1 hour ago, Otto_Man said:

You're all nuts. I can only imagine the reaction on here is Plymouth and/or Ipswich were to lose and we're fucking a out with carrymycarkeys jr up front...and rightly so

Cadamarteri is injured, out for the rest of the season.

9 hours ago, EastCraigsOwl said:

Aside from some nice football, it's been a dreadful spectacle from a 'falling over' point of view.

KDB, Grealish, Haaland and Walker couldn't wait to go down on feeling the slightest brush. Xhaka and PartB among the Arsenal skirts.

Stay up. Stay strong. Play on.

Even more pathetic is the hypocrisy of the home fans (haven't heard too much from the away end until the last few minutes). The ref gets conned and gives Arsenal a free kick. City fans boo and burst into a chorus of "you're not fit to referee", whilst deliberately failing to call out their own side's cheating.

Football's fucked. Well and truly fucked.

I know what you mean, there is a lot of fannying about in the Prem. 

But, ‘nice’ to see VAR not working as it should again. As much as I detest Arsenal they should have had a pen off Haaland. 
He had his arms by his side to block a shot, but leaned into it, deliberately and used his upper arm.

It was dismissed by the officials, all of them, and the commentators never even considered it as a pen.

Or have the rules changed meaning ‘arm ball’ is ok?

26 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Anyway I empathise with any of you folk who have to work in Sheffield and have to restrain yourself from punching fans of the other entity in the city 

Begrudgingly congratulated my Boss this morning, albeit at the same time saying it was a sh*t league.  He's a decent sort though so was not gloating.

Luckily really don't need to come across many of the great unwashed on a daily basis. 

I’m working with/supporting a school at the moment and have to visit there on Friday. The Headteacher, Chair of Governors and the CEO of the multi-academy trust which is also supporting the school are all pigs. What are the chances of that, given the school is in Barnsley! 

They know I’m a Wednesday supporter - not looking forward to seeing them at all, especially as I have to remain professional and can’t say to them what I want to! 😂

1 hour ago, Bellsview said:

I’m working with/supporting a school at the moment and have to visit there on Friday. The Headteacher, Chair of Governors and the CEO of the multi-academy trust which is also supporting the school are all pigs. What are the chances of that, given the school is in Barnsley! 

They know I’m a Wednesday supporter - not looking forward to seeing them at all, especially as I have to remain professional and can’t say to them what I want to! 😂

Pity you aren't working for OFSTED - kill a few of the fuckers off with your report 

• Haha 1

On 27/04/2023 at 10:24, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Pity you aren't working for OFSTED - kill a few of the fuckers off with your report 

It was a worse visit than I could have imagined.

They didn’t take the proverbial, instead they felt sorry for and pitied me! It was embarrassing.

If I had worked for Ofsted, for their comments about SWFC alone I’d have put the school into special measures!!! 

44 minutes ago, Beaconowl said:

Good to see Leeds scum getting hammered again 

It certainly is. Unfortunately I think they may get out of it simply because Everton and Forest are just as bad and are behind and have awful fixtures coming up. Mind u City next for Leeds, there saving grace may be Spurs last game I think as I reckon we'd beat them at moment 

• Like 1