22-23 season non-Wednesday football tonight/ when Sky dictates

6 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Because Betty and her mates in the Union Jack hats would have tutted loudly.

And the Met Police would have arrested everyone not doffing their cap in reverence to inherited wealth and privilege

I really do think the crowds that turned up in London and those that celebrated the Coronation locally or at home, plus the world wide interest shows that these type of remarks aren't edgy or funny, rather they are very much in the minority. Vocal minority, but still very much a minority 

In answer to the equally 'edgy' question, it didn't clash with the Coronation so that the majority of the fans could see both as you both well know.

Edited by Skamp

3 minutes ago, Skamp said:

I really do think the crowds that turned up in London and those that celebrated the Coronation locally or at home, plus the world wide interest shows that these type of remarks aren't edgy or funny, rather they are very much in the minority. Vocal minority, but still very much a minority 

In answer to the equally 'edgy' question, it didn't clash with the Coronation so that the majority of the fans could see both as you both well know.

A growing minority that incredibly a few got silenced and arrested for simply turning up to offer another view. Slightly dystopian that we would question if it happened in other less apparent civilised places.

The Monarchy is part of the system that basically fails the UK time and again. But eh keep waving 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

A growing minority that incredibly a few got silenced and arrested for simply turning up to offer another view. Slightly dystopian that we would question if it happened in other less apparent civilised places.

So they got treated like football fans then, like when you're having a quiet drink somewhere you're not supposed to be. 

By the way, I loved the yellow shirted spokesman outside Wandsworth nick and his clearly non British accent 

1 hour ago, Skamp said:

There’s stuff clashes with the football every week. If you want to watch the coronation then watch it, but I don’t see why we should shift everything around for it just so people can watch both. Record one if you must. 

Two corkers by the sounds of it in the Non League play semis both ending 3-2

Notts County coming from 2 behind to level in the 96th minute before nicking it in injury time, in extra time 3-2

Bromley came from 2-1 down after having a man sent off v Chesterfield and levelled in the 98th minute. Before Chesterfield nicked it in extra time.

21 hours ago, LiamOwl said:

There’s stuff clashes with the football every week. If you want to watch the coronation then watch it, but I don’t see why we should shift everything around for it just so people can watch both. Record one if you must. 

They've done it again this coming Saturday.

No tea time or evening kick offs, so as to avoid a clash with Eurovision 🤔

The FA couldn't give a flying fuck about the fans,it's all about their beloved Wembley.

Put 30 thousand fans in at Stoke,Leicester,Leeds, and the atmosphere will be electric and the fans get to set off and get home easily and at a reasonable hour.

OK some will miss out on a ticket but the season ticket holders won't.

50 thousand at Wembley and it's a shit atmosphere and the poor fan is setting off at daft o'clock and fighting to get home the same day.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

The fans and players will want it at Wembley though surely? But you have a point, Skamp.

Personally I don't think fans and players would give a shit where it's played. This game is definitely not 'a nice day out'. Last time it was played at Wembley was the 19/20 season. Since then it's been at Ashton Gate and London Stadium.

Average attendance at Wembley has been less than 20k. Fylde and Salford was only 8000. Last year Solihull and Grimsby was 22k but 13k of them were Grimsby. 

They're hoping to break 25,000 this season but for this game Wembley generally sets staffing levels to accommodate no more than 30,000. 

Sort of gives more credence to holding it at a tighter ground in a more central location. 

3 hours ago, Skamp said:

The FA couldn't give a flying fuck about the fans,it's all about their beloved Wembley.

One of my Blade mates was on about the Semi at Wembley and what a nightmare it was, not counting match.  Prices, organisation, over zealous officiating, shite atmosphere.

County v Chessie at Villa Park or Etihad would be much more sensible.

14 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

One of my Blade mates was on about the Semi at Wembley and what a nightmare it was, not counting match.  Prices, organisation, over zealous officiating, shite atmosphere.

County v Chessie at Villa Park or Etihad would be much more sensible.

Selling all your tickets helps...

5 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Good news is that there are 2 play off games on Saturday evening

Excellent!

They weren't listed this morning. Surely the BBC could've shown TBC vs TBC for both fixtures?

Unless they've been hastily arranged / rearranged, like our second leg?

7 hours ago, EastCraigsOwl said:

Excellent!

They weren't listed this morning. Surely the BBC could've shown TBC vs TBC for both fixtures?

Unless they've been hastily arranged / rearranged, like our second leg?

Sky had already picked the time slots - but presumably that has to be approved by local authorities in the same way that permitted SYP to object 

Eg if Middlesbrough v Sunderland had arisen

Could still at Wembley, which would take over Trafalgar Square the night before 

• Like 1

What is it about football that gives it such a grip over us?  I stood and watched our disaster unfold last night.  Didn't enjoy one bit the "fans" that were screaming vile obscenities at the team from the first goal onwards.  Today?  Radio on, plus two pages open on P.C., following all playoff games and Scottish football, plus this site.   Mental!  

Don't want Dingles to go up but Elias Kachunga?  Fook that!