22-23 season non-Wednesday football tonight/ when Sky dictates

12 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Deservedly so

We all have our views on that day but the bottom line is that 97 innocent folk went to a football match and never got home. That was always 97 too many

Agree that it's disgusting, don't agree that he got arrested.

People say worse on speakers corner every day under the watch of the police and nothing happens, let alone what's said online.

And there's no actual offensive words on his shirt it's simply how they may be interpreted - maybe he meant the 2018/19 season where Liverpool came second with 97 pts...

Very very dangerous.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andyben said:

Agree that it's disgusting, don't agree that he got arrested.

People say worse on speakers corner every day under the watch of the police and nothing happens, let alone what's said online.

And there's no actual offensive words on his shirt it's simply how they may be interpreted - maybe he meant the 2018/19 season where Liverpool came second with 97 pts...

Very very dangerous.

Im more wondering who actually complained to the coppers?

not a lot of love between Mancs and scousers anyway.

22 minutes ago, Winco said:

Im more wondering who actually complained to the coppers?

not a lot of love between Mancs and scousers anyway.

Somebody tweeted a pic and the tweet was picked up by a group called Kop Watch who contacted The Met directly with their 'concerns'.

Met picked him up under a public order offence.ย 

James White, 33, from Warwickshire, was charged with displaying threatening or abusive writing likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress.

The Met urged people not to share information online which could prejudice the proceedings against Mr White.

Plod definitely want to make sure something sticks but I can't see how a prosecutor can prove that the slogan was directly attributable to the disaster.ย 

Can just imagine the opening statement. "Mr James is a Manchester United supporter and therefore guilty as it couldn't mean anything else".

Saw this earlier. The tournament is 7-a-side and worth a million dollars to the winner. I can't find any criteria on squad selection but all the teams seem to be comprised of retired players with a couple of academy kids thrown in.ย 

The US women didn't have any current national players in though the, uncapped, keeper was trying to prove a point and the score would have been in the 20s if it wasn't for her.ย 

I really enjoyed them winning tonight, apart from the brain donors who cut the player's head open. Hopefully they get clink over there.ย 

Their opponents had the better footballers for the most part but the Hammers showed more guts and spirit the longer the game went on. Great to see our old player become a real winner. He gave absolutely everything, as he often does.ย  And well done Moyes.ย ย 

Zuma can still f**k off, though.ย 

7 hours ago, Otto_Man said:

Shame he's getting sacked next week

Not sure why you would. They had a poor season in the Premier League for sure, but if he gets you a trophy then must give you some leeway.

Saying that one of my young uns mates is an Hammer and he said winning was a doubled edged sword if it meant keeping Moyes.

However I always wonder where these miracle worker managers are lurking that would do better. While we all questioned Moore at times nobody was coming up with better suggestions really.

ย 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

I always think if I had been born around London and no family affiliations of course to exert influence, West Ham would be the team I probably would have supported.ย 

Pleased for Moyes even though his Dad dancing was very poor. He has worked hard for a trophy and never quite got there.ย 

ย 

As a kid I had a West Ham shirt.

6 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Not sure why you would. They had a poor season in the Premier League for sure, but if he gets you a trophy then must give you some leeway.

Saying that one of my young uns mates is an Hammer and he said winning was a doubled edged sword if it meant keeping Moyes.

However I always wonder where these miracle worker managers are lurking that would do better. While we all questioned Moore at times nobody was coming up with better suggestions really.

ย 

I wouldn't, but you can tell the fans and board want a more glamorous manager, hence why they fucked him off for Pellegrini in the first place.ย 

He's also been a bit of a victim of his own success in so far as they were nudging towards the top 4 last 2 seasons and I think given they spent big in the summer most of their fans expected them to kick on, not be in a relegation fight.ย 

His signings have been fairly dreadful too, not sure any of them have actually worked out. Can't see many will trust him to buy well with the reported ยฃ100m+ they're expecting to net from the sale of Declan Rice. Let alone coping without him.

3 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

2 or 3 great saves, but the header from Lukaku they're all gushing over was more luck than good judgement. The angled header to clear it (think it was Reuben Dias) was more impressive.

Canโ€™t argue with that last point, Ottoย 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Beaconowl said:

Ederson was outstandingย 

The pretend goalkeeper is shockingly overrated but the last 5 or 10 minutes he more than did his job.

The save from Lukaku was a brilliant fluke. In reality, the life of a goalkeeper is all about trying to put yourself in the right place and make your own luck. He certainly did that then.

There was also a stop in the last seconds, which they haven't shown a replay of as yet. I look forward to seeing it again at some point.

However, for me, the best bit was when he came out, leapt high and claimed the ball through a group of players. Exactly what you need from your number 1 at that moment in the game.

A lovely goal to win the trophy and the treble. Very fitting. Just a shame the bloke who scored couldn't have been a tad more respectful when his country were comprehensively gubbed by Scotland a couple of months ago ๐Ÿ˜‰

13 hours ago, Andyben said:

Fingers crossed for Foden. Always thought he'd thrive in that more central position

Iniesta and Pirlo both played on the wing when young and moved inside.

Shralecks saw this and did same with Giggs.

Pep now has opportunity to do same with Foden.

Southgate won't bother picking him, but what a central 3 Rice Bellingham and Foden could be with a proper England coach.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Otto_Man said:

Almost felt sorry for the 'journos' in Pep's post match presser, got nowt to ask him about now Citeh have won the champions league.

Interesting though where they go from here as a collective or is the motivation now the double treble?

I think they will now go from strength to strength, they will become relentlessย