22-23 season non-Wednesday football tonight/ when Sky dictates

8 minutes ago, Winco said:

Leeds scum in serious trouble now. West Ham will tear them a new Un tomorrow.

Unfortunately I doubt it. They won't give a s*** after mid week.

Flip side one of them or Everton will definitely go. Dream scenario, both.

26 minutes ago, owl71 said:

The lame dog of a Premier League title race has just been put out of its misery by Forest.  City are PL champions, and in other news large ursine mammals seen shitting in the woods.

Should be 6 in a row if it wasn't for that VAR year they let Liverpool win

3 minutes ago, Mark said:

Unfortunately I doubt it. They won't give a s*** after mid week.

Flip side one of them or Everton will definitely go. Dream scenario, both.

Don’t mind Everton TBF. Get them Leeds bastards down.

Airdrie just been promoted to the Scottish Championship after beating Hamilton on penalties. Their player manager is none other than Rhys McCabe, now in his early 30's. Remember him?

Meanwhile, Lee Bullen's Ayr United were gubbed 3-0 at Partick last night in the first leg of their promotion semi final. Ginger will no doubt be channeling his inner Darren Moore ahead of the second leg!

On 20/05/2023 at 20:14, EastCraigsOwl said:

Airdrie just been promoted to the Scottish Championship after beating Hamilton on penalties. Their player manager is none other than Rhys McCabe, now in his early 30's. Remember him?

Meanwhile, Lee Bullen's Ayr United were gubbed 3-0 at Partick last night in the first leg of their promotion semi final. Ginger will no doubt be channeling his inner Darren Moore ahead of the second leg!

Yeh, was telling the mates he was there last week. None of us had known.  

Lee does need to use us to inspire his lot. 

Whilst City are great to watch and their fans have probably been through the wringer as much as many bigger clubs, is it time they were given some kind of financial slap, eg transfer embargo?
I feel the problem with any sanction is that it’s trying to impose a degree of level playing field, but how can that ever be realistic when clubs have different numbers of supporters, ability to generate commercial revenue etc. In other words does any intervention just become subjective.

However, parachute payments, that another ball game.

11 hours ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

Whilst City are great to watch and their fans have probably been through the wringer as much as many bigger clubs, is it time they were given some kind of financial slap, eg transfer embargo?
I feel the problem with any sanction is that it’s trying to impose a degree of level playing field, but how can that ever be realistic when clubs have different numbers of supporters, ability to generate commercial revenue etc. In other words does any intervention just become subjective.

Well, we’ll see what happens with this current look into their finances that the Prem are currently dealing with.

As said before I can’t see how what they will do that will make a substantial difference to them. At worst, I think they’ll dock points but IMO it’ll be just enough to see them still hold the title, and they’re fine, well…. It won’t scratch the sides of their almost bottomless pit of cash.

Anything bigger than a few points knocked off which doesn’t affect their title outcome, or anything that bans them from the Champions League will be met by more legal eagles than the PL can shake a stick at.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Anything bigger than a few points knocked off which doesn’t affect their title outcome, or anything that bans them from the Champions League will be met by more legal eagles than the PL can shake a stick at.

They've already got a legal team that are threatening the PL with "let's see how deep your pockets are" as they'll look to tie up any sanctions detrimental to City in appeals court for the next ten years. 

For me, the PL opened it's mouth on the investigation before getting all the facts in. It's gonna look a right mug if it has to do a Sunak and back down to keep the peace. It would also have to delve into every other club's finances, historically as well, to show a non prejudicial standpoint. 

People bang on about Citys finances and yes they have spent a lot but crucially on the whole they have spent it well. 

Still picking up gems like Alvarez and Akanji for relatively low amounts in comparison to some of the money wasted a la Chelsea as well as Youth products in Foden, Palmer and Lewis regularly appearing. 

Think they also bail out when they think the price has got stupid which is what happened with Maguire and Cucurella.

My Liverpool supporting colleague has right arse on about City so anything they do is fine by me.

Edited by Hirstys 12th Pint
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tylluan said:

They've already got a legal team that are threatening the PL with "let's see how deep your pockets are" as they'll look to up any sanctions to City in appeals for the next ten years. 

For me, the PL opened it's mouth on the investigation before getting all in. It's gonna look a right mug if it has to do a Sunak and back down to keep the peace. It would also have to delve into every other club's finances, historically as well, to show a non prejudicial . 

It's gonna be fun when Everton escape relegation too.  The teams that go down, plus a few others are ready to drop their letters to the PL demanding immediate action against them over their finances.  It could get very messy and a bit expensive.

• Like 1

City have spent a lot of the owner's  money, but its their fucking owner's  money to spend.

PL & EFL should look more closely at MacQauarie Bank and other third party lenders to teams who pledge years of income for an attempted immediate gain.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BraddersTim said:

It's gonna be fun when Everton escape relegation too.  The teams that go down, plus a few others are ready to drop their letters to the PL demanding immediate action against them over their finances.  It could get very messy and a bit expensive.

Even worse when their owner acting as a front for a sanctioned individual is confirmed

18 hours ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

Shut the fuck up you docile ****

On 25/05/2023 at 12:18, BraddersTim said:

Has the smoggy pube haired **** said owt yet?

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Kiwi Owl said:

How will that ground cope when Newcastle United and the Daily Mail turn up? 

Away support will only get around 1100 so that crying part timer who took his kids to the 'extremely unsafe' stadium won't get anywhere near a ticket

Annoyingly, it’s one club who are likely to finish below the pigs. Although that might change if the ownership doesn’t change and the 10 bob Prince pockets the Premier League money, sells the Crown Jewels and sacks the manager after 3 months.