22-23 season non-Wednesday football tonight/ when Sky dictates

Yeovil Town recently suffered a 4-0 defeat against the fellow relegation candidates in what was a must win game. They're now 5 points adrift from safety with relegation to the National South all but confirmed. Yeovil Town were competing in The Championship as recent as the 2013/14 season. A sad demise for the Somerset club.

Where's Wednesday's child when you need him?

1 hour ago, Skamp said:

Yeovil Town recently suffered a 4-0 defeat against the fellow relegation candidates in what was a must win game. They're now 5 points adrift from safety with relegation to the National South all but confirmed. Yeovil Town were competing in The Championship as recent as the 2013/14 season. A sad demise for the Somerset club.

Where's Wednesday's child when you need him?

Not only did we have a good time down there once, didn't they do United in the playoffs once?  Pretty sure I remember a brilliant version of that Hitler Bunker fikm spoof.

An almost typical story of rise from non league, I have no idea of their history, I presume they had an owner that threw money at it, I doubt the rise was 'organic', I may be wrong though.

Look at clubs that have historically been in the top 4 leagues there's plenty have been down in national league. Some make it back, others don't, it's just the football pyramid, winners and losers every season.

Notts county were a first division club in my lifetime, as were Oldham.

It is was it is.

5 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

He’s got in the assistants face and was aggressive. The reaction wasn’t right either.

However, all this shows is that officials need more protection from players being absolute nobs. 

Bout time an official chinned a player, the dogs abuse that officials get from players & the moment an official retaliates he crys wolf... 

I only wish it had been harder tbh.

Lino is suspended and won't officiate until full investigation is concluded. 

Another FA massive, guilty until proved innocent, knee jerk seeing as Ivan Toney is still earning his goal scoring bonus while they can't make up their minds when to start his ban. 

9 hours ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Jesus that was different level from City.

Only managed to watch the first half. Fuck me, what a fantastic game of football, what a goal by Rodri and what a save by Sommer in that 45 minutes.

On 10/04/2023 at 18:37, Tylluan said:

Lino is suspended and won't officiate until full investigation is concluded. 

Another FA massive, guilty until proved innocent, knee jerk seeing as Ivan Toney is still earning his goal scoring bonus while they can't make up their minds when to start his ban. 

FA have ruled no further action to take place and the linesman will resume duties next week.