Xisco Munoz OFFICIALLY is our new manager.

1 minute ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Unsure who is to blame more here DC for not sticking to the new manager script or journalists for asking about previous managers

I could absolutely strangle the journo who asked the question that started all that shit.  Utterly changed the mood.

1 minute ago, Owling_Wolf said:

This is awful. I have no problem with what he is saying but this is the press conference to introduce the new manager. Instead, all the coverage will be about this, not what it should be. I side with DC on this subject but the timing is so bad: like snatching more negativity from the jaws of some positivity. And I really, really feel for the new manager. 

Xisco has done really well to take over the conversation and move it on. 

• Like 1

The thing about CP for me is, I have absolutely no doubt he loves Wednesday. 

But there are so many variables at play with the press conference today.

It's shitty that the Sky Sports journo used it as an opportunity to look BACK. Why couldn't he have asked for a 1/1 with DC if he wanted to ask those questions, the focus should have been on XN. 

DC arguably should have stepped back from it. BUT, of course, if he feels slighted then he has the right to defend himself. 

Just some comments.

Xisco is a very good talker.

There was an agenda from some of the journos.

DC needs to say more by saying less. The four or five minute rant about Palmer and other negative people just looks unprofessional.

The look on Xisco’s face told the story. DC was asked a question, and he rightly answered it, but the focus is about the new manager, not Moore, Palmer or how aggrieved he feels. He’s got a massive chip on his shoulder right now.

28 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

The thing about CP for me is, I have absolutely no doubt he loves Wednesday. 

But there are so many variables at play with the press conference today.

It's shitty that the Sky Sports journo used it as an opportunity to look BACK. Why couldn't he have asked for a 1/1 with DC if he wanted to ask those questions, the focus should have been on XN. 

DC arguably should have stepped back from it. BUT, of course, if he feels slighted then he has the right to defend himself. 

All about Ego re that journo. He wants headlines. I actually at times, quite like the fact DC stands his corner. But do it and then move on

DC laboured the point about Palmer and the club’s critics for far too long.

I get that he’s pissed off with it all, but I’m not sure that was the right platform to vent his spleen - we should have been hearing more about the new manager and his plans for the future, not Carlton Palmer’s antics!

Palmer definitely needs to shut it though, as he’s doing nothing to help the situation.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mark said:

All about Ego re that journo. He wants headlines. I actually at times, quite like the fact DC stands his corner. But do it and then move on

Even the statement he made a few days ago could have been a sentence: Contrary to social media speculation, Darren Moore left the club because we couldn’t agree terms on a new contract and for no other reason. 

Today he just needed to respond with acknowledgment of the fans’ surprise, say that he didn’t expect things to turn out that way either, but today was about welcoming Xisco. If he wanted he could have even mentioned how grateful he was to Moore for the job he did, but today is the start of new era. Directly responding to Palmer gives him the attention he craves. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bellsview said:

DC laboured the point about Palmer and the club’s critics for far too long.

I get that he’s pissed off with it all, but I’m not sure that was the right platform to vent his spleen - we should have been hearing more about the new manager and his plans for the future, not Carlton Palmer’s antics!

Palmer definitely needs to shut it though, as he’s doing nothing to help the situation.

This. 

The Sky Sports man served up the lob, and DC went for the smash.

Awful watch with some questions that have already been answered in a statement last week. Should have been brushed off but got the impression DC wanted it off his chest anyway.

Xisco when he got a chance to take over made a really good impression and was authoritative when it would have been easy to be more placid. 

I don't disagree with DC on people slating the club but he can't keep taking social media posts too seriously, he should have introduced Senor Munoz today and then taken a step back, once the manager has had his say he could have let him leave and then rip Palmer a new un. 😀

Listened to this now. I was actually embarrassed for DC and wanted him to end it far quicker than he did.  It reminded me a bit if Dave Allen's rant.

Xisco looked quite uncomfortable at times. 'He was the best available now' and 'they all had strengths and weaknesses' (paraphrasing) but I liked his 'Let's move forward and stop looking back

Some right cretins on Facebook though. I despair of our fans at time.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Skamp said:

Listened to this now. I was actually embarrassed for DC and wanted him to end it far quicker than he did.  It reminded me a bit if Dave Allen's rant.

Xisco looked quite uncomfortable at times. 'He was the best available now' and 'they all had strengths and weaknesses' (paraphrasing) but I liked his 'Let's move forward and stop looking back

Some right cretins on Facebook though. I despair of our fans at time.

He didn’t really say that did he? I’ve not watched it sounds more cringy than a episode of neighbours.

Silly season sound and fury, signifying nothing.  Darren Moore does not have a Championship promotion on his CV, Xisco Munoz does.  Presumably whatever money Munoz is on is less than Moore wanted, which kind of makes it a no brainer (and I don’t mean Carlton). Let the bloke get down to work and let’s all form a view in 2-3 months time.  

10 minutes ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

I feel embarrassed for XM having to sit through 15mins of DC rambling on.

As others have said DC should brush the Qs about the past aside. 

Now you know how I feel reading your posts 😄

1 minute ago, Reesh said:

Now you know how I feel reading your posts 😄

Likewise 😃

Good to see the new manager in though.

I feel he could be the right man in terms of his personality after what happened with DM, ie positive, looking forward and has some energy about him. Anything else could have seen the positivity that had been built up slip away quickly.

We will see whether he’s the real deal with the rest of his credentials soon enough.

I think we may have to wait until the end of the transfer window to see what we are going to be able to achieve this season, given how late we are in starting preparations, but CC didn’t have much longer.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Paul from Wisewood said:

Horrific

wouldnt be surprised if Xisco walked tomorrow having to be put through that

Chansiri needs to get on the first plane back to Thailand and stay there 

I actually thought he's learned his lesson last season and was staying in the background a little more then up he pops stomping his size 4 boots into everything again.

• Haha 3

The press conference was a car crash but its Chansiri so should be no great surprise.  We all know his style.

I honestly think his heart is in the right place.  He is very protective of the club and people associated to it.  A slant against one is one against all of us.  He defends this - possibly not in the right way but as owner / figurehead / head honcho it is his prerogative.  Just hope it has not put XM off.  I can't imagine it will as he sounds a forthright character and DC will probably like this.

As for the Xisco part of the conference he sounded pretty impressive.  Think the players will take to him.

Looking forward to the additions to the squad now.

• Like 1