Xisco Munoz OFFICIALLY is our new manager.

DM has so far kept a dignified silence about his departure. I am sure he would be the last one wanting someone to take issue with it, especially someone who wasn't party to what was said. Don't get me wrong I think DC made the right decision - probably a little late in my opinion- but he is the employer and current custodian of the club. Anybody thinking they could do better can always buy the club and prove it. Plus Sheffield  has the added bonus - buy Wednesday and get the pigs for free. We could use an extra training ground.

17 hours ago, Andyben said:

KivoLee. Amother ****

Funny you should have said that. I tripped over one of his Tweets earlier today, for the first time. WTF???

Was reassuring to see plenty of Owls voicing their displeasure at his attitude in response.  Some good replies, but wtf in the first place!   

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Funny you should have said that. I tripped over one of his Tweets earlier today, for the first time. WTF???

Was reassuring to see plenty of Owls voicing their displeasure at his attitude in response.  Some good replies, but wtf in the first place!   

You're lucky to not have seen his tripe over the years!

• Like 1

I'm a glutton for punishment and listened to the Palmer interview. 

Beginning of the show and Sam Matterface introduces it as "Carlton Palmer is going to tell Sissco Moonioss what it'll be like working under Deaf John Chancer-rye". 

And then it went down hill from there. Palmer basically said that he's never dragged the club down (cue a lot of tweet deleting) That DC is entitled to run the club his way, because it's his club, but Carlton's entitled to have an opinion about it. He was very careful (probably been briefed by the TalkSport lawyers) but still hinted that the club statement was utter guff and his mate Darren was still talking to the LMA. 

Interestingly he also said that DC had reached out this morning and he'd accepted an invite for a face to face but Carlton wanted it behind closed doors, for Darren's sake (obviously). Simon Jordan then pushed for him to take the open forum option so the fans can hear both sides and that he didn't have to talk about Moore's situation. Surely Palmer mouthing off about it is the whole crux of the matter. Matterface offered to hold it on TalkSport. 

Jordan went into a monologue about how he'd heard stuff about DC and how he operates. "two biggest things in football is money and gossip" so what you're saying is you've heard a load of bullshit from gossips. He wasn't prepared to divulge what he'd heard. 

Jordan did say that if Moore wasn't Palmer's mate then Palmer wouldn't be opening his mouth and Palmer agreed but he was "just backing his mate up." With mates like that...

About the only thing Palmer got right was calling him Mr Chansiri. 

I hope to god Chansiri doesn't hold this meeting in the open. Palmer will just wind him up to the point of explosion and then the rant will come again and Palmer 'wins'

Edited by Tylluan

The summer has ended up being as unsettling as it would have been had we failed to go up, perhaps moreso as I don’t think there would have been any complaints had Moore left at that point. That’s the difference between a Josh Windass header I guess…

The PR around the club has gone from one of massive respect in the playoffs to a petty circus. 

DC is a very straight talking guy and has his way of doing things and wants the best for the club but having a bit of delegation for media duties and having more of a management structure generally would really work better for him  in my view but I think he just loves being heavily involved and we are effectively run by an avid fan in many ways. That will sometimes work excellently other times it won’t when a more detached and professional judgement is needed. It would never happen here but the kind of structure Burnley adopted under Dyche and the owners at that time seemed solid for a club that was competing against others with greater resources in that it was quite resilient to shocks such as a relegation and it just kept going and got promoted again. We seem to lurch from one situation and identity to another to the point that what we are seeing and hearing now makes the events of April and May feel like a parallel universe.

Nonetheless we did get promoted and thankfully in a few weeks time everyone including the media will be focused on the actual football again and maybe a scalp on the opening night. Hopefully it was just a case that Darren Moore did his thing, brought us back from a bad place and passed the baton to Xisco Munoz who can hopefully take us to another level and give us something more pleasing on the eye as let’s be fair some games under Moore lacked any clear pattern but we’d get away with a win. After all it’s results that keep these guys in a job but we won’t need as many points for a successful season this time 

• Like 3

I agree about hoping DC not prolonging this circus any longer.

I can understand why he might get frustrated by inaccurate comments and pundits talking bollox but he has to weigh up how much prolonging the chatter could detract incoming players and the efforts of the new boss to build unity etc. before the season starts.

Just on the DC, DM and to a degree CP palaver, it’s not going to be the key reason, that’s clearly to do with salary expectations, but I also wonder if any potential discrepancies on what happened could be down to the grasp of English, eg sometimes not using the right words or phrases to get a point over. DC doesn’t do too bad but he’s also not exactly Stephen Fry, not that I can speak a word of Thai. I’ve been working with Dutch colleague recently, he has excellent English but he does at times us a word that might mean the same as another word but potentially gives a different impression.

Im not having a go here, just suggesting what can and does happen when people are trying to converse in a language that isn’t there first language, it can at times be basic and not necessarily the intention or nuance intended.

Id also say DM hasn’t always been great with his choice of words, and at times appeared to use the wrong words in phrases, unless I was mishearing him, e.g “part and partial”.

We now have two people speaking in English that isn’t their first language, DC and XM.

Lets see some signings and I think this  issue will fade into history 

Xisco Munõz has added to his backroom staff with three coaches joining the Owls.

Miguel Muñoz takes the role of assistant manager at Hillsborough.

Roberto Cuesta Roman and Antonello Brambilla enter S6 as first team coach and goalkeeper coach respectively.

All three new additions have worked with Xisco previously at Watford and now rejoin their former boss ahead of Wednesday’s pre-season camp in Spain at the end of this week.

As well as the Hornets, Miguel Muñoz has held roles with SD Huesca, Valencia and Gimnastic Tarragona in his native Spain.

Roman was Xisco’s assistant manager at Watford and Dinamo Tbilisi where the pair won the Erovnuli Liga title in Georgia.

Brambilla was goalkeeper coach with the Hornets, a role the Italian also held at Sampdoria and Cagliari in his homeland and French giants Marseille.