Xisco Munoz OFFICIALLY is our new manager.

4 minutes ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

Wouldn’t have been a name many would have said after DM went but he has knowledge of the Championship so let’s get behind him.

Let’s hope we can see some exciting signings now.

No, we should boo him

4 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Much to our detriment: at least in one major case. Lovely player, mind, at the time of signing.  (Not Fessi.)  

TWO good players. (One negative who shall not be named, because he might get injured if someone types his name....)

Pudil and Forestieri. 

So, let's go back there and get Ismaila Sarr.... 

Must say I'm underwhelmed, but then I would have been with most of the names I've seen & read up on this week. The only one I thought was really decent was the Danish bloke widely publicised yesterday, though my first thought was, 'Why would he come here with that record?"

Edited by Owling_Wolf

7 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Must say I'm underwhelmed, but then I would have been with most of the names I've seen & read up on this week. The only one I thought was really decent was the Danish bloke widely publicised yesterday, though my first thought was, 'Why would he come here with that record?"

Who would you want? 

18 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

TWO good players. (One negative who shall not be named, because he might get injured if someone types his name....)

Pudil and Forestieri. 

So, let's go back there and get Ismaila Sarr.... 

Plus McGugan?

7 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Who would you want? 

That’s been my issue with all this. 
I don’t think there’s that many candidates that would get me excited, or ones that would be willing to join us, for various reasons.

It’s making me laugh though that there’s so many making out he’s the best thing since sliced bread based on 9 months and what? 50 games in this country and not much anywhere else?

What I will say though is I want him to be an absolutely roaring success with us. 

• Like 1

Just now, HoylandOwl said:

That’s been my issue with all this. 
I don’t think there’s that many candidates that would get me excited, or ones that would be willing to join us, for various reasons.

It’s making me laugh though that there’s so many making out he’s the best thing since sliced bread based on 9 months and what? 50 games in this country and not much anywhere else?

What I will say though is I want him to be an absolutely roaring success with us. 

I'm happy it's not Nathan Jones.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Who would you want? 

Not relevant, Reesh.  I no longer follow 'greater football'.  Simply our own lot, with a few exceptions.  I've read up on the (foreign) candidates mentioned this week. That's all.

Since I've retired I've followed our lot away more than ever and generally enjoyed it.  Good luck to this lad and his efforts. 

I reckon that is a very decent appointment for a club in our position.  A guy with Premier League experience who was a long way from being a disaster at that level, who’s still young, and has experience of different leagues/nationalities/football cultures.

Trying to come up with Xisco 2000 lyrics.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Not relevant, Reesh.  I no longer follow 'greater football'.  Simply our own lot, with a few exceptions.  I've read up on the (foreign) candidates mentioned this week. That's all.

Since I've retired I've followed our lot away more than ever and generally enjoyed it.  Good luck to this lad and his efforts. 

It is relevant when you're moaning on here about being underwhelmed.

3 minutes ago, Reesh said:

It is relevant when you're moaning on here about being underwhelmed.

Is it fuck.  I posted my feeling about it. I've honestly said that I'm not positioned nowadays to post a list of better qualified candidates that we might realistically have got. Hardly my rôle in life.  End of. This is a fans' forum, not some experts exchange. Behave accordingly. 

I think Smith was most people’s choice but this fella is young and will be keen to be successful and, whilst I don’t proclaim to know a lot about him, it seems he got the Watford players to buy in to him and his philosophies.

it’s going to be very interesting to see a) the players we bring in and b) how he sets them up.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Is it fuck.  I posted my feeling about it. I've honestly said that I'm not positioned nowadays to post a list of better qualified candidates that we might realistically have got. Hardly my rôle in life.  End of. This is a fans' forum, not some experts exchange. Behave accordingly. 

Oh fuck off, can't answer the question so get mardy, age I suppose.

9 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Oh fuck off, can't answer the question so get mardy, age I suppose.

What the f*ck do you know, snidey bugger? As I said, this is a fans' site. Apart from a couple on here that sound like they actually know what and who they're talking about - neither of whom are you - it's basically a place for ordinary fans to give vent to their feelings and immediate thoughts on the developments that are reported by Tee, etc, (including you, thanks), plus what we read elsewhere. Appreciated and enjoyed by most of us.  It's not here to host the Spanish Inquisition or salve your frustrations at other people's expense. 

17 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Think it's a more exciting appointment than Smith and probably a lot  cheaper

Smith was my choice pragmatically but happy with this and looking forward to the coming weeks.

Happy to miss out on my 70 quid betting win with Jones not getting it.

Troy Deeney as Assistant  ??

Why would we appoint an ex jailbird as assistant, we aren't the Pigs.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

What the f*ck do you know, snidey bugger? As I said, this is a fans' site. Apart from a couple on here that sound like they actually know what and who they're talking about - neither of whom are you - it's basically a place for ordinary fans to give vent to their feelings and immediate thoughts on the developments that are reported by Tee, etc, (including you, thanks), plus what we read elsewhere. Appreciated and enjoyed by most of us.  It's not here to host the Spanish Inquisition or salve your frustrations at other people's expense. 

Someone needs there coco milk!

• Haha 1

There's an element of risk with any hire, but given Xiscos reputation as a man motivator and how well he did taking over a settled, talented team at Watford I think this is a good appointment. 

Be interesting to see how he wants to line us up, I noticed in the Twitter thread Walks posted it suggested he had a preference for 4-3-3 which I think we could play with Wilkes and Windass playing off either Smith or Gregory.