Bricat.....

I've just had a message to the site inbox informing us that we've recently lost a good friend of the site and a poster for a number of years, Bricat. He did tell me he was battling illness for some time, and was in and out of hospital. 

Bri used to send us articles for the site and was one of the stalwarts for some time, he'll certainly be missed. 

RIP Bri. Fly high mate. WAWAW.

EDIT... Just had the following message...

If anyone is interested his cremation service will be at City Road Crematorium at 15:15 on Tuesday 30th April.

Drinks afterwards in The Harlequin on Nursery St.

• Sad 8

Sad sad news. 

I was only thinking of Bricat the other day as I went past The Shakespeare pub in town.  I was in there probably 3 or 4 years ago and recognised him from his ID pic on here and went and asked if he was Bricat.  

We had an hour and a couple of pints together - and then come to think of it half a 12 percenter he recommended !  Lovely fella and knew he had been struggling with his health.  Getting old is crap isn't it. 

Very sad to hear this. As others have noted he was around a long time on here, always had a decent opinion but generally respected yours. 

I am not sure if we were once introduced at an OO meet up - but can't say for sure 

18 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

RIP Bri.  Sad news. 

I never met him. Don't even know what he looked like, sadly.  There can't be many on here that played for the Wednesday.  

I must have missed that, when did he play for Wednesday out of interest 

Just now, mkowl said:

I must have missed that, when did he play for Wednesday out of interest 

Unless I'm mixing him up he was a non-first team keeper in the mid-1960s I believe. 

I'm sure Andy will put me right if I am incorrect. (Tommy Craig the previous poster: not the actor.) 

2 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Absolutely 

It’ll be ‘The Hague and Wright Suite’

I’ll sort that later. 

The Haigh and Wright Suite

All Wednesday, and football. Come and chat all things about the beautiful game in here. 

Named in honour of our former posters, ColinDobsonsLeftFoot (Martin Haigh) and Bricat (Brian Wright).

(This is brilliant, Tee.)  

• Like 5