The 7000 barmy army go wild at Blackburn (a) match thread

I bloody hope you’re right. This is deffo last chance saloon and even then it’s going to be a huge ask with West Brom and Sunderland to come.

The fans have and will do their bit, down to the team to return the favour.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Skamp said:

remember us taking about 12,000 to a night match in 1980 - 2-1 to us, promotion time!!

We were everywhere 

Was at that, as a young 14 year old.

What a night that was.

57 minutes ago, Skamp said:

remember us taking about 12,000 to a night match in 1980 - 2-1 to us, promotion time!!

We were everywhere 

I was a bit too young for that game but the older Wednesday lads often reminisce about it. As you’ve said, Wednesday were everywhere. 12,000 of us out of a crowd of 26,000 - must have been incredible. Weren’t we losing at halftime as well, then came back to win it in the second half.

I’d give anything for a similar result on Sunday! Although in saying that I’d prefer a much more comfortable scoreline in our favour, just to avoid more mental torture!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Skamp said:

We were everywhere 

I was at Ewood Park that night, 79-80 promotion season. I'm sure allocation of tickets was 9,000 though they were some Wednesday fans in home areas. 

We was trailing 1-0 at half time if I remember right then Ian Mellor and Kevin Ticker Taylor scored for us. 

Promotion confirmed following Saturday at Exeter when we lost 1-0 but Chesterfield lost 2-0 at Millwall meaning we was up barring a 12 goal swing in last game of season against Carlisle which we drew 0-0. 

Looking forward to Sunday though praying some of results go for us on Saturday. I'm going with Rotherham Owls, 2 coaches going from Bramley, (don't let toy town fans know, nowt lower) 😂 plus another 3rd bus from Wickersley picking up at Hellaby, Thurcroft and Dinnington areas.  UTO

God, you all got me feeling old now, I was at this one, FA Cup 1966, watch Fantham glide past the defender and David Ford scoring twice. Yes, a 1-2 win could be on the cards. They'd all refuse to play on that surface these days.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Daughters first away game so looking forward to this.  If you had said to me 3 years ago that Poppy would have a season ticket and be mad on Wednesday I would have thought you had rocks in your head. 

Let's hope she remembers it for good reasons, H12P.  🙂👍

• Like 1

On 17/04/2024 at 16:54, bradowl said:

I was at Ewood Park that night, 79-80 promotion season. I'm sure allocation of tickets was 9,000 though they were some Wednesday fans in home areas. 

We was trailing 1-0 at half time if I remember right then Ian Mellor and Kevin Ticker Taylor scored for us. 

Promotion confirmed following Saturday at Exeter when we lost 1-0 but Chesterfield lost 2-0 at Millwall meaning we was up barring a 12 goal swing in last game of season against Carlisle which we drew 0-0. 

Looking forward to Sunday though praying some of results go for us on Saturday. I'm going with Rotherham Owls, 2 coaches going from Bramley, (don't let toy town fans know, nowt lower) 😂 plus another 3rd bus from Wickersley picking up at Hellaby, Thurcroft and Dinnington areas.  UTO

Nothing lower 

Interesting to hear that Poveda hasn’t been ruled out in terms of making a contribution before the season is out…

Hes been posting pics of himself in wednesday games, then posted some gym work pics on instagram today…..

Here’s our head to head record V Blackburn Rovers

Wednesday wins 61

Rovers wins 57

Draws 39

Last time out at Ewood for the Owls…

Boxing Day 2020 - 1-1. 

Wednesday took a first half lead through Adam Reach, before Joe Rothwell equalised for the hosts with just under 15 mins left….

The officials this weekend….

Referee: JOSH SMITH
Nigel Lugg and Mark Russell
Fourth Official : Jeremy Simpson

Mr Smith, last reffed us….

Bristol R (a) at the back end of last season.

4 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Here’s our head to head record V Blackburn Rovers

Wednesday wins 61

Rovers wins 57

Draws 39

Last time out at Ewood for the Owls…

Boxing Day 2020 - 1-1. 

Wednesday took a first half lead through Adam Reach, before Joe Rothwell equalised for the hosts with just under 15 mins left….

The officials this weekend….

Referee: JOSH SMITH
Nigel Lugg and Mark Russell
Fourth Official : Jeremy Simpson

Mr Smith, last reffed us….

Bristol R (a) at the back end of last season.

Joey Barton wasn't happy I recall. Be less happy if Rebecca Welch was reffing though

• Haha 1

Well it looked a lost cause at various points throughout the season, but here we are with a great chance. What better motivation could the players want, 7000 supporters and a win to drag our backsides out of the bottom 3. Just put a shift in lads and get us them 3 points please.

C'mon Wednesday.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Is it wrong that I'm looking forward to today and not shaking like a shi**ing dog with nerves?

Enjoy it while it lasts. I feel a little bit sick. Setting off to collect my brother in about 20. Please let us come home smiling. 

3 minutes ago, Supercockle said:

Enjoy it while it lasts. I feel a little bit sick. Setting off to collect my brother in about 20. Please let us come home smiling. 

I was like this before the game v Stoke last week... Fine. Then after we scored, I started to feel nervous.... !

Hopefully with the noise in the away end today, that nervy bit won't happen!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Is it wrong that I'm looking forward to today and not shaking like a shi**ing dog with nerves?

As mi dad always says shit or bust mate

Enjoy the day 

Wednesday till we die 

10 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

I hope my shit doesn't bust. 🙂 

I hope Szmodics has woken up with the shits !

Him up against our defence does concern me. Perhaps as much as the weight of expectation that this group of players have not been great at carrying. 

Can Rohl find that sweet spot between defensive solidity and attacking threat. My only request is that no attempt is made to play a short pass by Beadle until at least 1pm 

Away games have been difficult for most of the season. But one thing that will help us in the context of who’s available must be our chance to counter attack with musaba and Gassama who were not given much time on the pitch v Stoke. 

26 minutes ago, mkowl said:

I hope Szmodics has woken up with the shits !

Him up against our defence does concern me. Perhaps as much as the weight of expectation that this group of players have not been great at carrying. 

Can Rohl find that sweet spot between defensive solidity and attacking threat. My only request is that no attempt is made to play a short pass by Beadle until at least 1pm 

If we concede early from fucking about at the back today then I may very well lose my shit big time!

2 hours ago, KrolMong said:

We are on Polish TV today.

I’m sending the wife and child out for 2 hours so I can enjoy in peace!

I was in the dog house the other day by telling Mrs MK to shut the fuck up whilst trying to watch the Norwich game.

The sofa bed is surprisingly comfy saying that 

5 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Fucking Windass.

Hope he proves me wrong but fuck me why 

Agreed that his recent performances have not warranted a start. Maybe as its on TV he will set out to impress his suitors