The 7000 barmy army go wild at Blackburn (a) match thread

32 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Same as against Stoke. Mind you if we had a finisher like Szmodics we'd not be fretting over relegation.

Yeah it was a good finish. Just a repeating issue in these games since Moore was manager. Get your nose in front and frustrate is fine by me. Rather that than leave big gaps 

37 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Same as against Stoke. Mind you if we had a finisher like Szmodics we'd not be fretting over relegation.

If we had a finisher like Szmodics he'd have scored 8 goals this season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bit brighter end of the first half. Shows we will get a chance if we stay in the game. We have pace to get up the pitch so we don’t need to keep leaving the channels open. No one seems happy on the ball today so I’d be tempted to just “get it up the pitch” for the flick ons. We’d need smith and Paterson on though. Could see a set play being key 

Strange first half.  Good start.  Their equaliser seemed to suck the wind out of us.  Then a really flat spell with not much happening for either.  Then a decent last 15 minutes where we had a bit of control without creating that much.  Think the subs could be crucial.  We’ve got more on the bench.  They’ve got Szmodics.

Dreadful game of football so far

Two very poor teams playing. I cannot believe this is the same Blackburn Rovers side that put in a very good performance against us at Hillsborough earlier this season. 

Attacking play is non existant. Our defence is terrified of playing the ball forward. I think the Liam Palmer effort was the only attempt after they equalised.

The fundamental issue is what I said in an earlier post, can Rohl get the sweet spot between defending and attacking. I am sure he can, but frankly there is an error waiting at the back, simply not enough quality consistently in the final 3rd, the midfield of only 2 players is not enough to get possession or then be the first line of defence

But no magic wand in the squad to change it 

Such a difference second half. So much braver, a lucky OG but we’ve suffered woeful luck for some time. Focusing on the break suits us much more and this win which I didn’t see coming (maybe a point) gets us back from that Stoke game. First time out the bottom 3!

Nice to wipe the smug look off the face of Szmodics too who I like as a player but he likes to dish it out 

• Like 1

Whatever happens next week, we go into the last week of the season with a chance of staying up.  And all of Birmingham, Udders, Plymouth and Blackburn have their final game of the season against teams at the top of the table, who should have something to play for.

The point being if QPR and Stoke thought they were safe, maybe not. 

Next Saturday is a fucking tough game, West Brom looked good v Leicester and we have to play to the absolute top of our game.

• Like 1