Under an embargo?

1 minute ago, mkowl said:

I guess my point is 1 is 1 too many - so is it 4, is it 7 either way its not a badge you want to own 

But it’s a badge our owner wears on multiple occasions .. that’s my only hope currently .. it’s poor process and incompetence not the other things.

why turn interest down in cads? Why allow huge investments in coaches if no cash??

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EBRA said:

But it’s a badge our owner wears on multiple occasions .. that’s my only hope currently .. it’s poor process and incompetence not the other things.

why turn interest down in cads? Why allow huge investments in coaches if no cash??

Who knows, we don't know the current state of the finances. We won't get any glimpse of this until April 23, when we are 9 months out of date 

The auditors only sign off the accounts on the presumption that DC will fund it, but state there is no guarantee he will.

In terms of changing coaching staff etc. My only involvement in a manager receiving compensation it took 18 months to resolve and pay. 

Recruiting the new people, well it's about giving them an employment contract, I doubt anything has been paid yet, they might be on the October payroll.  Even the alleged fee for the other coach will just have been invoiced not necessarily paid yet.

6 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

It’s a bloody mess, things not being paid on time, not being paid because there’s no funds, an oversight after a COO left. Whatever is happening, it’s a chuffing mess and you can’t not blame the person steering the ship. Whether it’s sinking or not. 

It is a mess.

Everything is conjecture. I hope my concerns prove to be unfounded. But there is a chaos surrounding the Club whilst ever Chansiri is the owner.

I won't support any protest groups because they have to show that they have prospective owners ready to come in with both the funds and business acumen to steady said ship.

22 minutes ago, EBRA said:

This is what makes it all the more confusing. If we had not just invested in a new coaching team this would be entirely consistent with DC’s previous statement and we would know the writing is on the wall.

So did he put ‘additional funds’ in for the new team or not? If not who did? Or was it just like for like with the old team so no extra funds needed? It’s all very odd.

There is a clear and obvious solution to this.

If someone wants to buy the club, approach the owner, make a formal offer, provide proof of funds and allow the EFL to do there due diligence.

It is literally that simple.

For the record, we should all be concerned by this embargo. There has been cash flow issues in the past, and this potentially highlights another one.

Although none of it really adds up considering that we’ve just hired a new coaching staff and we did strengthen in the summer including paying fees for players - plus our income has increased. If the owner is sticking to his ‘I’m not putting any money in’ mantra, then his actions with the coaching staff don’t align with that.

As has been said, this could be an oversight, it could be the owner sticking to his promise, or it could be more sinister and the money has dried up. It’s easily resolved if it’s an oversight, just say it was an oversight and issue a statement today and that it has been or will be resolved on Monday. If he stays silence he’s really not helping himself is he in reality - he’s not just giving the press and the supporters groups the bullets, but he’s loading the gun and supplying the sniper.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

Do they? I think not, it’s about applying pressure for DC to consider offers, no evidence he’s willing to sell apart from claims on here by some that there’s a brochure knocking around 

I am cynical as to the motives of these anonymous groups to be honest. And are they using the fans as their Trojan horse ?

Round we go with Chansiri. Whether it’s deliberate as suggested in the press or just because someone forgot or couldn’t raise the cash. Why invest in a decent coaching team to then not pay tax and potentially embargo us for two windows or worse. Couldn’t run a bath. Surely there must be someone credible out there who can bring this shit to an end. 

2 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

From noises made so far prospective buyers can’t get to that point as they are being prevented from doing their own DD on the club.

This certainly changes things, you can’t not pay HMRC and then point blank refuse to discuss a sale.

He’s basically clinging on in the hope for a miracle that sees him leave without being seen as a failure and to minimise losses 

AlL those stories come from fans who hate the owner and have done for a long time!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, EBRA said:

AlL those stories come from fans who hate the owner and have done for a long time!

They can’t make up the points deductions, late wage payments (needed the fan income then) and HMRC issues though. Unfortunately he has a history of not doing things properly or on time. Why is this? What business experience does he have other than losing loads of money and causing chaos at Wednesday. 

I had faith in DC and that he’d learnt from past issues in L1 but it’s not the case seemingly.

Edited by TheExile

18 minutes ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

From noises made so far prospective buyers can’t get to that point as they are being prevented from doing their own DD on the club.

This certainly changes things, you can’t not pay HMRC and then point blank refuse to discuss a sale.

He’s basically clinging on in the hope for a miracle that sees him leave without being seen as a failure and to minimise losses 

Which prospective buyers, that weirdo Shaw? Geoff Shreeves Mark II that balloon

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HoylandOwl said:

Well, their previous clubs have started with Red Bull first... 

So, .... Red Bull Sheffield or Red Bull Wednesday....

Ok. 

What if they chose Red Bull Sheffield, would it still be as appealing? The prospect of being a well run and successful team, but having to lose the Wednesday part of our name and possibly have red in our home colours. 

If Red Bull come in and move stadium, change the name, kit, badge, then what is left of the club we support?

It’s MK Dons with better PR. Of course their hope is it would be more successful on the pitch than MK Dons, but if it’s a team that wins trophies wearing a different kit and badge with a different name in a different stadium that you want to watch then why not just go and watch Man City.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, LiamOwl said:

If Red Bull come in and move stadium, change the name, kit, badge, then what is left of the club we support?

It’s MK Dons with better PR. Of course their hope is it would be more successful on the pitch than MK Dons, but if it’s a team that wins trophies wearing a different kit and badge with a different name in a different stadium that you want to watch then why not just go and watch Man City.  

This is exactly where am I with this.

At what point is it not the same team?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, LiamOwl said:

We’ve already moved stadium (from Olive Grove), changed name (from The Wednesday), and changed nickname (from the Blades). There’s even been periods when we’ve not had stripes on the home shirts. 

We’ve got previous - so what would we change again in return for being a well run organisation?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Bob Petrie said:

We’ve already moved stadium (from Olive Grove), changed name (from The Wednesday), and changed nickname (from the Blades). There’s even been periods when we’ve not had stripes on the home shirts. 

We’ve got previous - so what would we change again in return for being a well run organisation?

Everyone will have a cut off point though won’t they? Just that it will be different for us all.

Red Bull Yorkshire

White and Red kit

Stadium move to outside Sheffield

You still in then?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Bob Petrie said:

Closet Pig

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Snap said:

I'm no accountant by any means but I'd imagine if the business isn't taking enough money in to finance the day to day running then additional funds would be required to keep it afloat.

Get what you're saying but wouldnt HMRC be a priority before stuff like pitch maintenance, utilities, and all the other day to day stuff.

Well I am an accountant so can bore everyone.

That was the mystique of Chansiri's first toy throwing out the pram. The club losses are probably 6m - 10m this season and throw in the sponsorship income he puts in on top, that all needs to be funded cash flow wise. 

Let's call it £1m per month, DC suggested £2m but that seems high, unless that was the reality because he also had to throw in sums to cover these historic tax liabilities.

Who knows but one of the oldest ways to eek cash flow was not paying your taxes on time. 

10 hours ago, mkowl said:

Well I am an accountant so can bore everyone.

That was the mystique of Chansiri's first toy throwing out the pram. The club losses are probably 6m - 10m this season and throw in the sponsorship income he puts in on top, that all needs to be funded cash flow wise. 

Let's call it £1m per month, DC suggested £2m but that seems high, unless that was the reality because he also had to throw in sums to cover these historic tax liabilities.

Who knows but one of the oldest ways to eek cash flow was not paying your taxes on time. 

🥱

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Snap said:

No, I wouldn't have thought so. But again, I'm not an accountant. See MK's post below.

I have run a couple of struggling small businesses in the past and what tends to happen is you deal with the panic of the day to day stuff (when you're struggling) and then the tax bill eventually hits you like a hammer blow. You've been way too busy with the day to day stuff to worry about the shark lurking in the deep.

Of course, I really shouldn't compare running a pub with the likes of Sheffield Wednesday who'll no doubt employ people with their eyes on finances all the time.

Fact of the matter is, if DC is intent on the club standing on it's own two feet and he won't be putting anymore money in, and the clubs outgoings exceeds it's incomings then something has to give eventually and we don't need an accountant to tell us that, it's simple arithmetic. 

You'd think they'll  be paid though, just brought in 3 coaches, paid compo out, guessing the club employ finance experts for advice, is this how larger businesses do things?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Billysboy said:

You'd think they'll  be paid though, just brought in 3 coaches, paid compo out, guessing the club employ finance experts for advice, is this how larger businesses do things?

As long as its not the same ones who did the stadium sale 🙈

• Haha 1