He's gone?????

1 minute ago, HappyOwl said:

How does Thompson change it for Saturday then these players have been shite so what does he start with tomorrow? Biggest line up announcement at 2 pm Saturday since Jos left and we brought Westwood back 

I still think Vasquez is on a loan to play deal and he pulled off a few decent saves last night so he'll keep his shirt but hopefully be told to get rid early and not be dicking about with the ball playing out from the back. 

Rest of the team I'd hope was round pegs round holes but Bakinson might keep his place. 

Huddersfield were shit last night and can be got at so back to basics with defenders just there to defend and not pretend they're all Beckenbauer and midfield moving the ball quickly. 

What'll be interesting will be if Thompson's still in the job after the break will Johnson be back in squad and will any kids be on the bench. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Reesh said:

I can't afford to eat in the ground, have you seen the prices Kojak?

The storm troopers on stalk say we can’t buy food or drink in the ground.

But then they also say we can’t go to the match so don’t know how that works out then 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thank fvck.

So what positives can we take?
1) I think there is a togetherness with those that were here last season

2) Yes we got spanked at home to Sunderland and at Swansea but I really do think we have players that can defend, both because of what we have endured this season and what we did re number of clean sheets last season 

3) Gregory, Smith and to some degree Windass can score with the right service.

I’m probably grasping at straws but I think there is something to build on.

The chopping and changing needs to be dealt with so that the team begin to understand what they need to be competitive.

Itll be intriguing to see what DC does next, I just hope it’s not knee jerk.

Thankfully he's gone.

Thompson has 2 days not long but surely the players will be equally as glad as us fans. They need a change of voice that doesnt use situation every half a dozen words. 

As has been said he's likely to go round pegs round holes.

The crowd will be up for it hopefully and hopefully the first win comes Saturday, if that happens we are very likely to be 'only' 5 points from safety with plenty of games and a LOT of teams within reach given a reasonable run of results

UTO

Edited by Lee
Typo

7 minutes ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

Thank fvck.

So what positives can we take?
1) I think there is a togetherness with those that were here last season

2) Yes we got spanked at home to Sunderland and at Swansea but I really do think we have players that can defend, both because of what we have endured this season and what we did re number of clean sheets last season 

3) Gregory, Smith and to some degree Windass can score with the right service.

I’m probably grasping at straws but I think there is something to build on.

The chopping and changing needs to be dealt with so that the team begin to understand what they need to be competitive.

Itll be intriguing to see what DC does next, I just hope it’s not knee jerk.

No side that gets 96 points in the division below should be struggling like this

Since the change to the championship/league one etc, only 2 sides that were champions of league one have been relegated the following season. Scunthorpe mainly due to the fact they lost Andy Keogh and Willy Sharp (their goalscorers), and Wigan mainly to do with finances.

I’m hoping the fact that he’s now gone will be enough to galvanise the squad and instil a bit of camaraderie in them - and that there’s now a new sense of hope and optimism in the fanbase.

Next bit is where I climb down off the fence re Colin and will undoubtedly get slated. 

I’d bring him in. There, I’ve said it.

BUT

Not as manager! I’d have him doing some coaching with the squad and doing whatever the fuck it is he does (that always seems to work) to motivate, instil confidence, install self-belief in and totally reinvigorate and energise groups of players who are shot to pieces and who most have given up hope with - but who invariably seem to turn things round performance and results wise when Colin gets hold of them. Desperate times bring desperate measures and all that.

During that time we then look for a new manager to take over, ideally in/just before January, when we have the transfer window open. We don’t rush the appointment, over the next 2-3 months we research and do our due diligence in full, DC starts to rebuild bridges between him and the supporters so we are all on the same page. We then look at what needs doing re the squad and where key signings need to be made, looking at players that might be available in January and fall within our budget (all this is on the assumption Chansiri WILL continue to put money in).

No team was ever relegated in October, so we don’t need to rush our next appointment, but what we do need to do is get it right. If Warnock did come in to steady the ship and he succeeded, that would make the club much more appealable to a greater number of potential managerial (and quality) candidates. At the moment the club is a compete shit show, so which manager out there, who still has some credibility, would risk all that by joining us?

Just now, Reesh said:

At least banning folk will be easier on here than Stalk.

Anyone wanting Colin, save me the hassle and delete your accounts, never been Wednesday fans.

Then you’re no better than Hargreaves.

Sometimes you have to swallow your pride and fall on your sword to make progress.

All those supporters wanting Chansiri out have been criticised on here, because him walking away with no investor lined up will cripple the club, or worse. All of us have been able to see that, except for the odd poster or two. Not one Chansiri out supporter has been able to say or argue how the club would survive if he did pull out altogether. 

Well, the same thing goes with the anti Warnock brigade. Who out there, who is available and who we could afford has a record like his and could do a similar/better job? Do you think I want him here if there’s a better option? Do I fuck. But do I want to see our club suffer any further, do I fuck x2. 

Too much emphasis is placed on him being a Blade, what he’s said/done in the past or what those wankers who support them will think and say if he did come to us. Fuck ‘em, fuck all of them. If Colin can do a job which turns around the fortunes of this club then I’m all in. In fact I’ll go full circle and call you out on this. What sort of Wednesdayite are you if you’d prefer the club suffer further still, rather than bring in a bloke with proven managerial credentials, who has done a job at nearly every club he has been at, and who can reverse our misfortune and decline, just because he’s a pig supporter and ex-manager of theirs?

I’ll put SWFC first every day of the week, even if it means asking Colin for help - so feel free to get the banning stick out if you can’t handle or accept that.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bellsview said:

Then you’re no better than Hargreaves.

Sometimes you have to swallow your pride and fall on your sword to make progress.

All those supporters wanting Chansiri out have been criticised on here, because him walking away with no investor lined up will cripple the club, or worse. All of us have been able to see that, except for the odd poster or two. Not one Chansiri out supporter has been able to say or argue how the club would survive if he did pull out altogether. 

Well, the same thing goes with the anti Warnock brigade. Who out there, who is available and who we could afford has a record like his and could do a similar/better job? Do you think I want him here if there’s a better option? Do I fuck. But do I want to see our club suffer any further, do I fuck x2. 

Too much emphasis is placed on him being a Blade, what he’s said/done in the past or what those wankers who support them will think and say if he did come to us. Fuck ‘em, fuck all of them. If Colin can do a job which turns around the fortunes of this club then I’m all in. In fact I’ll go full circle and call you out on this. What sort of Wednesdayite are you if you’d prefer the club suffer further still, rather than bring in a bloke with proven managerial credentials, who has done a job at nearly every club he has been at, and who can reverse our misfortune and decline, just because he’s a pig supporter and ex-manager of theirs?

I’ll put SWFC first every day of the week, even if it means asking Colin for help - so feel free to get the banning stick out if you can’t handle or accept that.

You don't get the hatred with the Blades, having one of them ***** manage our club so recently after one of their fans MURDERED a Wednesday fan isn't acceptable however you try and justify it.

Oh and you the club first do you, like with your spats with Dave Allen or you you Mr Bells Cartoon comedy book? Aye right.

BTW I don't want him not purely cos he's an ex Blade it's because he's bent as a nine bob note and that's the last thing this club needs being associated with.

Edited by Reesh
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Reesh said:

You don't get the hatred with the Blades, having one of them ***** manage our club so recently after one of their fans MURDERED a Wednesday fan isn't acceptable however you try and justify it.

Oh and you the club first do you, like with your spats with Dave Allen or you you Mr Bells Cartoon comedy book? Aye right.

So having a personal dig is the best you can come up with? Grow up FFS! 😂

Some Blade murdering an Owl doesn’t mean they’re all twats, or that we shouldn’t have an ex-manager of theirs at SWFC - by your logic that means as Wednesdayites we are all sick fucks then, because of that photo of Bradley Lowery shown by ‘our own’. 

I take it you despise Lee Gregory then and can’t accept his assist at Wembley, and that you boo him every time he touches the ball and even more so when scores a goal for us, given that he’s ‘tainted’ as you like to call it?

Your post makes not one reference to the football side of things, just your feelings and hatred towards SUFC. Well hear’s something else you’re not going to like to hear - we don’t all feel the same way you do and some of us would much prefer to put SWFC before hatred of another football club.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bellsview said:

So having a personal dig is the best you can come up with? Grow up FFS! 😂

Some Blade murdering an Owl doesn’t mean they’re all twats, or that we shouldn’t have an ex-manager of theirs at SWFC - by your logic that means as Wednesdayites we are all sick fucks then, because of that photo of Bradley Lowery shown by ‘our own’. 

I take it you despise Lee Gregory then and can’t accept his assist at Wembley, and that you boo him every time he touches the ball and even more so when scores a goal for us, given that he’s ‘tainted’ as you like to call it?

Your post makes not one reference to the football side of things, just your feelings and hatred towards SUFC. Well hear’s something else you’re not going to like to hear - we don’t all feel the same way you do and some of us would much prefer to put SWFC before hatred of another football club.

Gregory is tainted but his Wednesday tattoo says it was barely a flicker.

If Warnock comes in the crowds will drop and money will tighten, he could fake caring and let us drop down and it'd be job done for him.

Those two Rotherham ***** have never been Wednesday.

Warnock isn't the answer, I despise Nathan Jones but I'd have him ahead of the bent greengrocer.

Edited by Reesh

2 minutes ago, Bellsview said:

If you were drowning in a river and Warnock was about to throw you a life jacket, would you shout to him to stick it up his arse and happily drown instead?

He'd probably ask for your loose change and a brown envelope appearance fee before he chucked you the life jacket.

2 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Gregory is tainted but his Wednesday tattoo says it was barely a flicker.

If Warnock comes in the crowds will drop and money will tighten, he could fake caring and let us drop down and it'd be job done for him.

Those two Rotherham ***** have never been Wednesday.

Warnock isn't the answer, I despise Nathan Jones but I'd have him ahead of the bent greengrocer.

Gregory is tainted but……..

Those two Rotherham ***** have never been Wednesday……..

Ok then - by that logic that I’ll come back at you and say that murdering pig **** has never been United!

If Warnock comes and we start winning the fans will flock back, we both know that. I don’t want him, I’ll make that perfectly clear, but I’m no longer someone, like I was in the Allen days, who would happily chop off my nose just to spite my face.

If there’s someone out there with a better and more proven record than Colin, who is available, then fuck Colin and let’s bring him in instead, I’d be more than happy with that - but I don’t see anybody better though, so why would or should we settle for and readily accept someone who is worse? We’ve just seen in Munoz where ‘worse’ gets us.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bellsview said:

Gregory is tainted but……..

Those two Rotherham ***** have never been Wednesday……..

Ok then - by that logic that I’ll come back at you and say that murdering pig **** has never been United!

If Warnock comes and we start winning the fans will flock back, we both know that. I don’t want him, I’ll make that perfectly clear, but I’m no longer someone, like I was in the Allen days, who would happily chop off my nose just to spite my face.

If there’s someone out there with a better and more proven record than Colin, who is available, then fuck Colin and let’s bring him in instead, I’d be more than happy with that - but I don’t see anybody better though, so why would or should we settle for and readily accept someone who is worse? We’ve just seen in Munoz where ‘worse’ gets us.

That Murdering pig **** was a regular at the Lane and with their lads....bit different.

I'll leave it there.

I get the argument that “skills” wise he may be exactly what we need. 

But we’re not talking about just taking on any old ex-United manager. This bloke has sneered and jibed at Wednesday throughout his whole career. It’s not Adkins or Jokanovic we’re on about here, it’s the very embodiment of that club. How many times have you heard him tell that story about being last off the bus at Hillsborough to wind folk up, telling David Wagner in his press conference he’ll give him to tips to beat us in the playoff semi, he’s spent his whole career hating us and making no secret about it. 

It’s a principle thing for me, and he - along with the likes of Billy Sharp, Chris Morgan, Michael Brown etc are the line you don’t cross. I’d sooner go down with Xisco than stay up with Warnock. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, LiamOwl said:

But we’re not talking about just taking on any old ex-United manager. This bloke has sneered and jibed at Wednesday throughout his whole career. It’s not Adkins or Jokanovic we’re on about here, it’s the very embodiment of that club. How many times have you heard him tell that story about being last off the bus at Hillsborough to wind folk up, telling David Wagner in his press conference he’ll give him to tips to beat us in the playoff semi, he’s spent his whole career hating us and making no secret about it. 

It’s a principle thing for me, and he - along with the likes of Billy Sharp, Chris Morgan, Michael Brown etc are the line you don’t cross. I’d sooner go down with Xisco than stay up with Warnock. 

Your first line is the key thing.

He doesn't hate us. He cops stick from Wednesday fans and gives it back;but for him at least it's just banter. He's from an era when banter was just that. This hating is just bullshit. Been reported that he would be interested in the job btw. 

2 minutes ago, LiamOwl said:

It’s exactly that and I get it - but we both know he’s also a wind up merchant, one of the biggest in football. Always has been and always will be.

Look how he plays to crowds when they’re chanting obscenities at him - he’s like the stereotypical pantomime villain. And there’s another side to that - whilst he’s being booed, sworn at etc it takes the pressure off his players. He was a master at it when he was manager of the pigs and we played them at S6 - he made it about him, because if it was about him as supporters we’d be focusing our attention on him and not one of his players who might struggle to cope in such a hostile atmosphere. He took the pressure off them. What he did was actually very clever and supporters fell and continue to fall for it. He can handle that type of pressure/abuse and actually revels in it.

Back to being on topic. I don’t profess to like him. I never have, I never will. I keep reiterating that.

But I don’t (or no longer) get the “I’d rather the club go down/bust etc. etc. than have Warnock”. I wouldn’t, or at least not any more rather that happen (maybe it’s an age thing).

If Warnock was a qualified surgeon and you found out, after retiring from football, he’d be performing life saving surgery on a loved one, would you allow it? Supporters profess to love SWFC yet they would prefer to see the club suffer/die than have certain individuals associated with it (and I get it’s an extreme example I’ve just given, but the principle is the same).

I just want to see the club succeeding again and ideally get to the PL before I pop my clogs. If Warnock can help that happen by steadying the ship and putting the club in a position to move forwards and not regress, then why would you not want it?

And I did state from the outset I wouldn’t want him as manager, merely someone who could come into the club and allow some breathing space whilst we searched for Munoz’s replacement. It wouldn’t be about him getting his trotters under the table, bringing his pig mates in and turning Hillsborough into a pig sty, it would be a short term, interim appointment - and if he didn’t turn things round in the 3 months or so in the run up to Christmas then he’d be gone, unable to cause any lasting damage to the club.

If we're not already a laughing stock for our league form, we would be by appointing Warnock. 

He shouldn't be allowed to talk about us on Sky or the BBC never mind coach us. 

Even if you take the pig issue out of it, he's passed it. 

Beale, Smith, Bruce as mentioned, Nathan Jones.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Your first line is the key thing.

He doesn't hate us. He cops stick from Wednesday fans and gives it back;but for him at least it's just banter. He's from an era when banter was just that. This hating is just bullshit. Been reported that he would be interested in the job btw. 

He's from an era where he played blokes a five minute sub appearance where he got a share of their appearance money.

He's from the era where he ordered his players to feign injury after getting 3 men sent off to get a game abandoned.

He's a bent cheating pig bastard but it's only "banter".

Fuck off Neil.

1 hour ago, Southy_SWFC said:

If we're not already a laughing stock for our league form, we would be by appointing Warnock. 

He shouldn't be allowed to talk about us on Sky or the BBC never mind coach us. 

Even if you take the pig issue out of it, he's passed it. 

Beale, Smith, Bruce as mentioned, Nathan Jones.

You mean Steve Bruce the ex-SUFC manager? There’s proof if it was needed that we already have form for appointing ex-pigs to manage the club - and that twat walked out on us for another club just to add insult to injury! Yet supporters would have him back, after doing that to us? Why, given he’s as pork as Colin? And how is Colin past it given what he achieved last season at Huddersfield. He also left them this season in a better position than we are.

And how anyone can put Beale in there as a serious candidate is beyond me. Managed just 65 games in his entire career (only 22 at Championship level) and lost 3 out of the first 7 league games at Rangers this season. Sounds ready made for us with a record like that!

Jones would also be a big gamble as he’s not done anything other than at Luton (who he walked out on not once but twice, and who still kicked on and got to the PL without him). Sacked from Stoke after winning just two of their first 14 matches of the 2019-20 season (who do we know with a recent managerial record at SWFC not too dissimilar to that?).

I doubt Smith would entertain us now, if rumours are true he turned us down when we hadn’t even kicked a ball in the Championship. Why would he come now, with our budget blown on players yet to prove their worth and us cut adrift at the bottom of the league? And even he, when you look at his record at Norwich, hardly pulled up any trees. Managed 56 games for them, won 16, drew 12, lost 28. Win rate of 28.5%. Is that good enough for us? It might be, although I have my doubts, but let’s not forget that Norwich side, at least on paper, was a far better Championship side than we are.

So after dissecting all those names mentioned above and having a closer look at their managerial records, not one of them can hold a candle to Colin when it comes to getting teams out of the proverbial. So as much as I want there to be, I’m still not convinced there is anyone available out there who is better qualified than him, with a record like his, for transforming teams in trouble and getting them to perform and get results on the pitch.

And I’ll reiterate it again - I don’t want him, but who is out there, who we could realistically bring in and who would do a better job?

58 minutes ago, Bellsview said:

You mean Steve Bruce the ex-SUFC manager? There’s proof if it was needed that we already have form for appointing ex-pigs to manage the club - and that twat walked out on us for another club just to add insult to injury! Yet supporters would have him back, after doing that to us? Why, given he’s as pork as Colin? And how is Colin past it given what he achieved last season at Huddersfield. He also left them this season in a better position than we are.

And how anyone can put Beale in there as a serious candidate is beyond me. Managed just 65 games in his entire career (only 22 at Championship level) and lost 3 out of the first 7 league games at Rangers this season. Sounds ready made for us with a record like that!

Jones would also be a big gamble as he’s not done anything other than at Luton (who he walked out on not once but twice, and who still kicked on and got to the PL without him). Sacked from Stoke after winning just two of their first 14 matches of the 2019-20 season (who do we know with a recent managerial record at SWFC not too dissimilar to that?).

I doubt Smith would entertain us now, if rumours are true he turned us down when we hadn’t even kicked a ball in the Championship. Why would he come now, with our budget blown on players yet to prove their worth and us cut adrift at the bottom of the league? And even he, when you look at his record at Norwich, hardly pulled up any trees. Managed 56 games for them, won 16, drew 12, lost 28. Win rate of 28.5%. Is that good enough for us? It might be, although I have my doubts, but let’s not forget that Norwich side, at least on paper, was a far better Championship side than we are.

So after dissecting all those names mentioned above and having a closer look at their managerial records, not one of them can hold a candle to Colin when it comes to getting teams out of the proverbial. So as much as I want there to be, I’m still not convinced there is anyone available out there who is better qualified than him, with a record like his, for transforming teams in trouble and getting them to perform and get results on the pitch.

And I’ll reiterate it again - I don’t want him, but who is out there, who we could realistically bring in and who would do a better job?

You're trying too hard to convince yourself here never mind others.

I never wanted Bruce as you can remember due to his pork tendencies and his flighty nature of walking out on jobs.

You seem to ignore Colin being Corrupt time and again Pete, he is one step below Steve Evans in the robbing the club stakes.

6 hours ago, Bellsview said:

If you were drowning in a river and Warnock was about to throw you a life jacket, would you shout to him to stick it up his arse and happily drown instead?

Maybe lol

I foolishly backed Bruce despite my reservations and was ultimately proven wrong to do so.

Plenty of managers out their to go for!

I mean there is desperation as a Wednesday fan

And then there is wanting Warnock as a manager.

Let's get to the nub though, whoever comes in it will be no better than a plaster over a gaping wound. It may buy time and that could be the one salvation, as what is needed is a fundamental change in the operational side of the first team.

For that it needs one of 2 things. A complete change of mindset by Chansiri that he has the capability to oversee it. He doesn't

Or he sells out and any new people set out a long term plan. 

9 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

The only empathy you could have is if the signings were not in his remit which is the likelihood.

But he has made so many mistakes with the squad old and new that it isn't much.

I usually dismiss pre-season results and performance levels, but the critical reaction to those games by many on here turned out to be salient. 

Given everyone then said give him 10 games, well he got that and frankly nothing improved in that time. 

I can't buy this one bit, two complete unknowns to us had played for him before. That's a hell of a coincidence.

• Like 2

The obsession with Warnock is mind boggling.

mind DC would only have to pay him a bit cause the rest he will blag of the players for having days off or holidays.

if people think we’re a split fanbase now fuck me let’s see what happens if DC goes full loco and signs the pig ****.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

I mean there is desperation as a Wednesday fan

And then there is wanting Warnock as a manager.

This for me is the crux of the Warnock ‘debate’.

As Liam said, it’s his previous ‘skills’ at keeping sides in the division under difficult circumstances for me that people are focussing on the most.

We’ve been short term Sheffield Wednesday for far too long. Pulis was brought in, IMO to try and galvanise when we were crap in this division. He’d got a decent record at staving off relegation IIRC and that was an unmitigated disaster. 
No there’s no guarantee it would be the same, of course not. But the risks for me outweigh the benefits.

Those over there in S2, while struggling in the Prem, are still laughing at us. Imagine what could happen. It would be a million times worse. 

And If we stayed up, he’d be gone in the summer at the latest. We’d be here in this situation yet again. 

I don’t know who I’d like to take over, I don’t fancy Nathan Jones. But…. I don’t want Warnock. 

• Like 3

Relief for all involved at that news surely as even Xisco had run out of ideas and was wondering why he was still there. 

At the very least I hope we can get a good talker in to manage the media and get the team looking slightly interested, it feels a long way back though already

1 hour ago, Winco said:

mind DC would only have to pay him a bit cause the rest he will blag of the players for having days off or holidays.

if people think we’re a split fanbase now fuck me let’s see what happens if DC goes full loco and signs the pig ****.

Perverts mate, hard drives checks needed!

Edited by Reesh

47 minutes ago, Winco said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again Winco, the only people really advocating this are the 1867 bell ends. It's no lose for them, if Warnock comes in and can't turn it round, then they point to it as further evidence of DC not knowing what he's doing. Even if Warnock came in and did well there'd be enough ill feeling they could still stoke up some "DC is disconnected from the fanbase" sentiment.

Warnock is a nasty horrible whiny **** who has deliberately sent players out to injured opponents. Irrespective of who he supports I don't want anyone like that managing our team.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

As Liam said, it’s his previous ‘skills’ at keeping sides in the division under difficult circumstances for me that people are focussing on the most.

We’ve been short term Sheffield Wednesday for far too long. Pulis was brought in, IMO to try and galvanise when we were crap in this division. He’d got a decent record at staving off relegation IIRC and that was an unmitigated disaster. 
No there’s no guarantee it would be the same, of course not. But the risks for me outweigh the benefits.

Those over there in S2, while struggling in the Prem, are still laughing at us. Imagine what could happen. It would be a million times worse. 

And If we stayed up, he’d be gone in the summer at the latest. We’d be here in this situation yet again.

I don’t know who I’d like to take over, I don’t fancy Nathan Jones. But…. I don’t want Warnock. 

And that’s where I am. I don’t know who I want and I don’t know who’s out there and available.

Clearly Warnock isn’t going to be accepted, even if he is well suited on paper - I now think the job is too big for anyone who’s available and who I can think of. The money has been spent, what we’ve seen of the new players has been mediocre at best and there’s already a gap at the bottom of the table.

I know it’s not an impossible task, but it’s a damn site harder for whoever comes in now than it was the day after we sacked Moore.

3 minutes ago, Bellsview said:

And that’s where I am. I don’t know who I want and I don’t know who’s out there and available.

Clearly Warnock isn’t going to be accepted, even if he is well suited on paper - I now think the job is too big for anyone who’s available and who I can think of. The money has been spent, what we’ve seen of the new players has been mediocre at best and there’s already a gap at the bottom of the table.

I know it’s not an impossible task, but it’s a damn site harder for whoever comes in now than it was the day after we sacked Moore.

Web?

Building?

• Haha 1

If it were Jan/Feb I’d get the call for Colin/Big Sam to do a rescue job and save us. But there’s still 36 games left. 
Surely we can set our sights higher at this stage? There must be someone that can make us feel like we’re taking a step forward (and I include stepping forward from Saint Darren too). 

Cooper took over Forest at the end of September, with them rock bottom, and got them up via the play off final same season. 
I’m not saying that should be our expectations but it must be possible to do more than just put the tin hat on and call for Colin. 

Plus - the d*ckheads from R*dio Sh*ffield seem to be pushing to get their mate Colin a job so they can all have a big laugh and get some great quotes. Which automatically makes it a no for me. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Winco said:

There's no doubt that he would cause a massive split in the fan base so for that alone reason it cannot happen. But reasoning such as 'he's  past it' and 'he hates us' are just nonsense. Only last season he showed that he still can turn a  struggling club round in the short term. His record as an EFL manager is fantastic.

He's  exactly what we need for now, short term, but it simply cannot happen because of the division it would cause amongst the fans. No point anyone getting excited/angry about it either way.

2 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

There's no doubt that he would cause a massive split in the fan base so for that alone reason it cannot happen. But reasoning such as 'he's  past it' and 'he hates us' are just nonsense. Only last season he showed that he still can turn a  struggling club round in the short term. His record as an EFL manager is fantastic.

He's  exactly what we need for now, short term, but it simply cannot happen because of the division it would cause amongst the fans. No point anyone getting excited/angry about it either way.

Hi Neil

1 hour ago, HoylandOwl said:

Fair, reasonable points. He'll  almost certainly not be appointed but I do actually think that we need a short term fire fighter in though. Someone who'll keep us in this league and give us time to make the right longer term appointment well in advance of next season.