He's gone?????

Warnock should be a no brainer till the end of the season.

He knows exactly what to do, he'll get the players grafting and he'll keep them in line.

He also has the added motivation of proving Huddersfield wrong, so will do everything he can to finish above them, something which DC will wholeheartedly support as finishing above them will justify his decisions regarding DM.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend sort of thing.

As for the fanbase splitting, who cares? They're already split. Whatever DC does will be wrong in the eyes of many, so why not use Warnock to take the heat for a bit?

1 minute ago, Boracic Lint said:

He knows exactly what to do, he'll get the players grafting and he'll keep them in line.

He also has the added motivation of proving Huddersfield wrong, so will do everything he can to finish above them, something which DC will wholeheartedly support as finishing above them will justify his decisions regarding DM.

As for the fanbase splitting, who cares? They're already split. Whatever DC does will be wrong in the eyes of many, so why not use Warnock to take the heat for a bit?

Agree apart from the last paragraph. For totally barmy reasons it would be very damaging IMO.

6 minutes ago, Boracic Lint said:

Forget Warnock. Thankfully it will never happen under DC. Warnock is EXACTLY the type of character our charman would hate.

And we should be thankful for that

10 minutes ago, Boracic Lint said:

Off you fuck Bertie.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Boracic Lint said:

He will also sign old pals to get his appearance bonus, the bent pig bastard.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Agree apart from the last paragraph. For totally barmy reasons it would be very damaging IMO.

It honestly doesn't matter who the manager is at the minute.

To a very vocal minority and the media it was DM or bust. Any manager is going to get it as they're the ones driving discourse at the minute and the only way to shut them up is by proving them wrong and finishing above DM with the manager ge replaced will go a long way to doing that.

Everything happening now all stems from DM leaving and is punishment for DC for letting him go. Nobody cared about the rest till then, but it's been all hands on deck since then. For a while, DM became bigger than the club in the eyes of the media and the only way for the club to heal is to dispel the myths around DM by finishing above Huddersfield, especially with Warnock at the helm.

On the face of it Warnocks previous experience and rescue acts would be ideal for our current position but it is a no from me.  

Although my dislike for him has tempered over a number of years think it would be too fractious within the fan base.  He is a Pantomime Blade IMO - think his departure from them left a sour taste and probably does not see himself as one any longer.  He's also managed many teams since being at the Lane so has become diluted to a certain extent. 

I would add though if the choice was Warnock or Wilder would go Warnock.  Wilder is a proper nasty Bl*de cnut. 

• Like 1

Just now, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

On the face of it Warnocks previous experience and rescue acts would be ideal for our current position but it is a no from me.  

Although my dislike for him has tempered over a number of years think it would be too fractious within the fan base.  He is a Pantomime Blade IMO - think his departure from them left a sour taste and probably does not see himself as one any longer.  He's also managed many teams since being at the Lane so has become diluted to a certain extent. 

I would add though if the choice was Warnock or Wilder would go Warnock.  Wilder is a proper nasty Bl*de cnut. 

Yeah inbred Stocksbridge Pig can fuck off anall

Who the fuck are all these new posters and their love Colin? Very strange timing and a very strong smell of trying to split this forum up from its normal, well balanced debate(s).

I've made my opinion known many times now and that's if Colin comes in, I'm done with the club.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Fair, reasonable points. He'll  almost certainly not be appointed but I do actually think that we need a short term fire fighter in though. Someone who'll keep us in this league and give us time to make the right longer term appointment well in advance of next season. 

But with 36 games left is it short term? I’d argue not.

also, Warnock/Big Sam types come with a massive wage expectation. Which, based on what DC said recently isn’t likely to happen anyway. 

The thought of Nathan Jones fills me with dread, but, I’d rather him than Colin.  Which… scares me either way 🤣

A Warnock appointment is just a short term bodge. IF we can spend in Jan, there is still an opportunity to bring a manager in for the long run at this stage of the season.

But, the issue is that the majority of the squad, including new signings, are just not up to it at this level. Some may improve under a new manager, and some may grow into the division. But I’ve seen a lot of fundamental gaps in most of the players that can easily be exploited (and have been).

And I don’t think we can get them fit in a week, which is the biggest issue of the lot.

12 hours ago, HappyOwl said:

How does Thompson change it for Saturday then these players have been shite so what does he start with tomorrow? Biggest line up announcement at 2 pm Saturday since Jos left and we brought Westwood back 

Hopefully Thompson has been watching and seen Xisco’s mistakes and remembers Moore’s solutions.

Will he keep a back four or go back to three? Back three please.

Will he go back to tippy tappy play it out from the back rubbish? Even Xisco abandoned that on Tuesday. So surely Thompson will go long. To be fair to Xisco, he did say we play it out because we can keep position if we go long ball: as demonstrated on Tuesday night. But Moore got around that by using Paterson (at LWB) and Smith. Also, if we the drop tippy tappy approach, does that open the door for Ihekwe?

I think Thompson will go something like…

Keeper

Iorfa, Ihekwe, Bernard

Paterson, 3 CMs, Musaba

Smith, Wilks.

31 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

A Warnock appointment is just a short term bodge. IF we can spend in Jan, there is still an opportunity to bring a manager in for the long run at this stage of the season.

But, the issue is that the majority of the squad, including new signings, are just not up to it at this level. Some may improve under a new manager, and some may grow into the division. But I’ve seen a lot of fundamental gaps in most of the players that can easily be exploited (and have been).

And I don’t think we can get them fit in a week, which is the biggest issue of the lot.

Once they settle and get a win under their belt, they'll be fine.

This season has been cursed so far, from playing Soton at their strongest and having the hardest fixtures to start in the league, to soft penalties and set pieces changing the course of games, they've never had chance to find their feet. Have the ref from the playoff final this season and were about 3-4 places up. PGMOL have even apologised for the Valentin pen, which completely changed the game. Pens v Cardiff and Watford, both less of a pen than the call in the playoffs.

The lads just can't catch a break.

Hopefully the bad luck goes with Xisco, as he doesn't seem to be a lucky fella and we can crack on.

This team has for years been all about confidence, every loss in league one was followed by a 2-3 game bad streak, just don't get to play complete dross to get the win and break the streak this season.

28 minutes ago, M42Owl said:

Hopefully Thompson has been watching and seen Xisco’s mistakes and remembers Moore’s solutions.

Will he keep a back four or go back to three? Back three please.

Will he go back to tippy tappy play it out from the back rubbish? Even Xisco abandoned that on Tuesday. So surely Thompson will go long. To be fair to Xisco, he did say we play it out because we can keep position if we go long ball: as demonstrated on Tuesday night. But Moore got around that by using Paterson (at LWB) and Smith. Also, if we the drop tippy tappy approach, does that open the door for Ihekwe?

I think Thompson will go something like…

Keeper

Iorfa, Ihekwe, Bernard

Paterson, 3 CMs, Musaba

Smith, Wilks.

Like that back 3. Like the front 2 alao IF Wilks is now fully fit.

4 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Good guy, loves the club, probably still has a home in Sheffield but I hope not.

Good guy? Left his wife and kids for his bit on the side?

Stole a living at Wednesday, aye champion, file him next to Warnock, ****

• Like 1

What Wednesday supporters feel about Warnock I feel equally about Bullen.

If it’s him then I’ll be firmly in the Chansiri out camp, because it will further evidence that he simply can’t be trusted to make the right managerial appointments - and I suppose I’ll finally have to accept that the club will never go anywhere or achieve anything of note under his custodianship.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lobster said:

it will all boil down to who  is the cheapest option -nearly all the names bandied about will probably price themselves out of contention including Colin . Which unfortunately might leave us with Bullen which will not do us any favours

Why would it be whoever is cheapest?