He's gone?????

Just now, owl71 said:

Rest of the season unless DC has changed his mind and decided he is going to put some more money in. 

He didn’t say he wouldn’t be putting more money in. He just threatened to not do so. His money is currently turning to dust, so I suspect he’ll appoint a real manager before it’s too late to save the season 

1 minute ago, Bellsview said:

All his back room staff gone as well.

What an absolutely disaster of an appointment he was. Thankfully it’s not too late to turn things around, but whoever the next manager is they’re going to have one hell of a job to do!

The backroom staff looked as clueless as him

I wonder if Bannan and Windass will suddenly be recovered for the weekend

• Like 3

I have just re-read his statement again, he says he wont inject money if he feels the wankers are treating him unfairly which I take to mean as attacking his family. I suddenly feel much more positive, I think the next appointment will be a safe pair of hands. And I don't just mean an English manager as Monk and Pulis were just as shit as Xisco and Jos. I think it will be either a Colin type or someone else experienced with a point to prove. Hughton for example...

• Like 1

Just now, Kiwi Owl said:

Thank goodness, 3 games too late but at least its done.

What a dreadful appointment it turned out to be. Completely destroyed the team and played the most odd possession based attacking football i've seen. 

A possession game that involved us having no possession. It was a marvellous tactic.

1 minute ago, Kiwi Owl said:

Thank goodness, 3 games too late but at least its done.

What a dreadful appointment it turned out to be. Completely destroyed the team and played the most odd possession based attacking football i've seen. 

He was focused on the other team having possession. That was what his possession game was based on.

Honestly, the worst manager we have ever had. And that’s some claim considering some of the toss we have had (Eustace, Jos, Monk, Turner…).

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, KrolMong said:

He was focused on the other team having possession. That was what his possession game was based on.

Honestly, the worst manager we have ever had. And that’s some claim considering some of the toss we have had (Eustace, Jos, Monk, Turner…).

That's putting it nicely

Playing a 35 year old centre forward on the right wing

Having 2 options for left back but deciding to play a centre half there

Stats of the club averaging around 31% possession in his 10 league games

Being outplayed by league 2 clubs on his home ground

Barry Bannan as a number 10 up front?

Josh Windass being played on the left side of midfield

Averaging 1 or 2 shots on target per game

Signed some absolute dross that we're stuck with (not including the two young forwards but they need the right guidance, which is something I hope the new manager could do)

Worst manager in the history of the club. His football made Alan Irvines' look like Arsene Wengers'. Thank goodness this nightmare is over

• Like 1

Just relieved to be honest.

I really wanted to like Xisco at the start but he was almost comically abysmal by the end. Genuinely wouldn’t have won all season with him in charge  

I don’t care who’s next. I’d be fine with Thompson for the rest of the season tbh. It really can’t get any worse. (Except for maybe Bullen)

Are we still a big enough draw to get a decent manager in with our tantrum throwing chairman? Be interesting to see how much industry damage chansiri’s done to his own rep over the last 4 months. 

and by interesting I probably mean excruciating. 

• Like 1

The only empathy you could have is if the signings were not in his remit which is the likelihood.

But he has made so many mistakes with the squad old and new that it isn't much.

I usually dismiss pre-season results and performance levels, but the critical reaction to those games by many on here turned out to be salient. 

Given everyone then said give him 10 games, well he got that and frankly nothing improved in that time. 

12 minutes ago, Bellsview said:

Not one to even joke about pal. Could you imagine if it was him!

That'll be a 'try and get the fans back on my side' appointment given the unrest there is towards the chairman

Sad thing is I don't know if I can trust him to make the right appointment - especially if Carlton Palmer is still living in his head rent free

Beale is a bit of an enigma. Great coaching at Liverpool's academy, half a season at Sau Paulo as assistant coach but the manager got sacked so he left. Great as Gerrard's coach at Rangers but not so good at Villa. 

QPR was all over the place. Only won one of his first five, then won 8 in 11 then back to losing 4 of the next 5. 

At Rangers it was said he couldn't cope with the constant pressure and spotlight so how would he do here? 

I've think Beale is a lot like Paul Clement. Good coach but man management and pressure management might be beyond him as a number 1. 

• Like 1