A New Group of Attention Seekers

8 hours ago, 80s Owl said:

It's funny Terry that apart from some "McGee Out" chants after he refused to invest on promotion to the old 1st Division I can't remember being too bothered or knowing much about the board at SWFC when I first started following them, now it/they get talked about more than the footy at times.

That's just symptomatic of the current times when we hear about everything/anything that happens around football in general with the advent of Sky Sports News / Social media etc etc. 

• Like 1

I semi understand Dooms article. We’ve gambled on a lot of young players from abroad who may or may not be a success.  If you look at the stats, we have brought 12 in.

Only Hendrick and Buckley have ‘true’ Championship pedigree. Reece James and Bambo Diaby have some Championship experience but we’re not regulars at that level. We have signed Bernard who’s never played higher than league one, and then the rest are from abroad.

If we can get 6 of the 12 who have come in to be a success at this level, that would be a positive outcome (by success, I mean improve us). As it stands now, and based on the limited games, the keeper, Bernard and Delgado look like they are up to it. Bambo Diaby may turn out decent.

What I really want is the attacking players to turn out to work. So, Gassama and Musaba to be a success. They may take time, but given game time, we’ll know after 10 games (playing), whether they are up to it, and to be a success, I mean goals and assists when they play.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

It was McGee Out 

The irony in all that was the accusation was always the Club spent money on the stadium not the squad. Ended well

Funny how you remember things, I could have sworn it was sack McGee to the tune of "here we go" in fairness they were my first games and I'm much younger than you lot 😂

27 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

Funny how you remember things, I could have sworn it was sack McGee to the tune of "here we go" in fairness they were my first games and I'm much younger than you lot 😂

You got "McGee Out" said with a bit of venom then "sack the board" to the tune of "here we go" - we were proper innovative back then 😂

12 minutes ago, 80s Owl said:

You got "McGee Out" said with a bit of venom then "sack the board" to the tune of "here we go" - we were proper innovative back then 😂

I mean I probably sang "sack the board" until I realised if the directors are also shareholders with the control of the voting rights then I am not sure who was actually going to sack them 

There are days I would like to fire myself but come 5pm I have usually changed my mind 

1 hour ago, KrolMong said:

I semi understand Dooms article. We’ve gambled on a lot of young players from abroad who may or may not be a success.  If you look at the stats, we have brought 12 in.

Only Hendrick and Buckley have ‘true’ Championship pedigree. Reece James and Bambo Diaby have some Championship experience but we’re not regulars at that level. We have signed Bernard who’s never played higher than league one, and then the rest are from abroad.

If we can get 6 of the 12 who have come in to be a success at this level, that would be a positive outcome (by success, I mean improve us). As it stands now, and based on the limited games, the keeper, Bernard and Delgado look like they are up to it. Bambo Diaby may turn out decent.

What I really want is the attacking players to turn out to work. So, Gassama and Musaba to be a success. They may take time, but given game time, we’ll know after 10 games (playing), whether they are up to it, and to be a success, I mean goals and assists when they play.

Fair points well made as per.

1 hour ago, KrolMong said:

What league did Bernard play for Hull in then?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Just noticed, editors of our local sports pages are using #EnoughIsEnough to accompany their articles about us / DC. Or at least one I’ve just seen anyway.

Can't find it now, maybe it's been deleted, but it was there.

Click bait untalented gobshites.

Glad I'm off it

3 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Just noticed, editors of our local sports pages are using #EnoughIsEnough to accompany their articles about us / DC. Or at least one I’ve just seen anyway.

Can't find it now, maybe it's been deleted, but it was there.

That is out of order. 

They should write articles in an impartial manner, certainly not skew opinions.

I mean I recall a comment on here. I am sort of trusted to speak a degree of sense on the finances. So forgot who it was, but they rightly suggested I should be extra diligent what I say and how I say it on that topic. 

And local journalists should follow the same principles in my view.

• Like 1

Anyway it could be worse, if anyone on here follows Lost Football Terraces on Facebook (pretty good group, almost up there with the Dull Mens Club) and a Cambridge fan called Paul Dellor posts up results from days in history.

Well 23 years ago today we endured a 5 - 0 home defeat to Wimbledon.

#Enoughisenoughwhoeverwastheownerbackthenasicantremember

2 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Anyway it could be worse, if anyone on here follows Lost Football Terraces on Facebook (pretty good group, almost up there with the Dull Mens Club) and a Cambridge fan called Paul Dellor posts up results from days in history.

Weren't we 4 down by half time. I fucked off back to Travs

On 09/09/2023 at 09:17, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Was 12 years yesterday since Stevenage, the scars are very raw.

1 minute ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

When he fucks off there will always be The Wednesday 

The entity will always exist until it becomes financially unviable but at the moment Chansiri's owns it. We don't and fans never have. 

And that's sport for you. You invest so much passion, time, and money into something that you believe it to be yours but in reality it never has been. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

The entity will always exist until it becomes financially unviable but at the moment Chansiri's owns it. We don't and fans never have. 

And that's sport for you. You invest so much passion, time, and money into something that you believe it to be yours but in reality it never has been. 

I disagree, the owners are never more than custodians. The Club has a spirit over and above a legal entity.

Without us fans they have nothing really 

On 08/09/2023 at 11:14, 80s Owl said:

I always remember a game in the late 80s when it was all starting to go wrong.  There were “Wilkinson out” chants on the Kip, followed by “McGhee out”.  Then some wag pipes up with “Tea Lady out”.  

• Haha 1