A New Group of Attention Seekers

Anyone read the "letter" published on Twitter this weekend?

https://twitter.com/The1867Group/status/1697731059561968002?t=0SgnTVNJ99RkNdVwvsy0Jw&s=09

Thoughts?

Mine are, it starts by saying "we do not engage in personal abuse", calls his decision making "callous"  then quickly moves on to talk of protests and boycotts.

It looks like it was written in the pub by a group of men without an A level between them who just want to get away from their lasses for a couple of hours.

But the biggest crime...Centre Alignment!  

It'll fire up some of the keyboard warriors for sure, but really, if you're going to organise a protest group shouldn't you at least have a basic level of competence?   

Clubs' = more than one club

Thick as fuck if they think anything like this will force Chansiri to go, 'oh. OK.  I didn't realise that there are so many investors driving down Penistone Road. I'll pop the kettle on'

Violet Elizabeth springs to mind.

photo.thumb.jpg.b4666b07d93fec3ed1bcfac8275d850d.jpg

Edited by Skamp

It’s a right load of old bollocks.

Of all these people who are saying that they need to force Chansiri out, they are simply as thick as pig shit.

The owner is only going to walk away if he gets a suitable offer to buy the club. Not one of these groups have got any form of contacts to bring someone in who would do that, nor do they have the means and contacts to even find someone.

And whilst I am 99% certain that DC isn’t vindictive, there is always a scenario where he decides that he’s put enough in, and that he’ll keep the club afloat only. He’s not doing that now. Or, some chancer comes along who can buy the club but can’t run it, and he sells and walks away.

Until I see these ‘groups’ find an investor. They can all fuck off.

• Like 1

Our supporters (or some of them) never learn, do they?

I’ve criticised the club for lack of direction and planning, well I’d like to call these wankers out for exactly the same.

What is their actual plan? How are they going to achieve their aims? What will they do if Chansiri calls them out?

A few letters, social media posts and chants at games will achieve precisely fuck all.

So either put your money where your mouth is you dumb fucks and buy Chansiri out, or source a new owner, or fuck off.

Club doesn’t need shit like this at the moment. At least give the manager and players some time to get things right on the pitch before dummy throwing and stropping.

Edited by Bellsview
  • Like 5

Pretty sure they don’t know the meaning of the word callous. Refers to Chansiri in the third person in the last paragraph even though it’s addressed to him. The comma between Sheffield and Wednesday is baffling.

Easy to take the piss out of that but when you try to send a formal letter in the professional world and make stupid grammatical mistakes you just make yourself look like an amateur. It makes a difference.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

At least the original and best version of WTID knew how to do a Word doc

I got my practice manager to do it 😁

I think what we did better was not rush out communications, which clearly is the case here. They have got a bit over excited and rushed it. 

Give over, MK. You know these wankers haven’t got a clue how to run a business let alone a Football Club.

I wish the lot of them would just fuck off 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Beaconowl said:

Give over, MK. You know these wankers haven’t got a clue how to run a business let alone a Football Club.

I wish the lot of them would just fuck off 

I suppose I understand where they are coming from to an extent. You get frustrated with the direction the Club is going and you feel you could do something about. 

So I won't criticise their enthusiasm because that would be hypocritical 

22 minutes ago, BraddersTim said:

I'm convinced that the McClure's are behind or involved in this. They have just name checked Rev in response to being asked to state who has made offers for the club, when & how much.

Apparently these been loads of offers and he knows...

If those two dicks are involved it's no wonder they don't want to make that known, they'd empty a room quicker than an eggy fart.

Fucking chancers, (correctly placed comma) potentially encouraging chancers and we've had enough of them!

This really doesn't want to grow legs, last thing we need currently IMO.

I know that Bells and MK have thrown their hand up to getting 'involved' (potentially against the club), I'm happy with the () TBF! But fair play they have both said that maybe it wasn't right after all and fair play to them both for that.

I bet the average age of this 1867 crowd is no more than 37 years, 3 months and 4 days.

8 hours ago, Lee said:

Fucking chancers, (correctly placed comma) potentially encouraging chancers and we've had enough of them!

This really doesn't want to grow legs, last thing we need currently IMO.

I know that Bells and MK have thrown their hand up to getting 'involved' (potentially against the club), I'm happy with the () TBF! But fair play they have both said that maybe it wasn't right after all and fair play to them both for that.

I bet the average age of this 1867 crowd is no more than 37 years, 3 months and 4 days.

To clarify what both Bells and myself have mentioned is being involved historically with similar groups. How you get drawn in. I mean in the original WTID case it was through fear of the Club going under, not being against the Club as they had truly fucked it up !

I have long spoken about a type of fan ownership model. I would like a derivative of the German type system, but that would only work if football was regulated. Clearly that ain't happening. We have talked on here about a Supporters Club entity, I would be all for that as long as it worked with the Club, not railing against it.

But I can safely say I ain't got the time nor inclination to be involved. But I understand why some do want to, because I have been in those shoes. I don't sit here concluding that Chansiri is doing a great job

Edited by mkowlthesexynewversion
  • Like 1

So, having interacted with their Q&A last night a few things became clear.

1)  They can't answer a single question openly. It's all "later, later" 

2) They are spreading doubt and gossip and not backing anything up.  Example "DC wants too much money, there have been offers, but he won't sell".  Now that is explicitly saying that they know something, right?  So ask them what offers, by whom, when, what was the outcome of basic due diligence, stuff that you would know if you knew there'd been offers that DC had rejected...nothing.  

3) One of them at least is reading OO and reporting back - I got called out on calling them "Attention Seekers" - apparently that's abuse.  Then they went on to say they are seeking attention.

4) I wish that I hadn''t bothered - it's clearly a little clique who want to become famous, or who once were semi famous.  They don't have answers, in fact they don't even understand the questions.

49 minutes ago, BraddersTim said:

So, having interacted with their Q&A last night a few things became clear.

1)  They can't answer a single question openly. It's all "later, later" 

2) They are spreading doubt and gossip and not backing anything up.  Example "DC wants too much money, there have been offers, but he won't sell".  Now that is explicitly saying that they know something, right?  So ask them what offers, by whom, when, what was the outcome of basic due diligence, stuff that you would know if you knew there'd been offers that DC had rejected...nothing.  

3) One of them at least is reading OO and reporting back - I got called out on calling them "Attention Seekers" - apparently that's abuse.  Then they went on to say they are seeking attention.

4) I wish that I hadn''t bothered - it's clearly a little clique who want to become famous, or who once were semi famous.  They don't have answers, in fact they don't even understand the questions.

If you need someone that can edit a Word Doc I can offer my practice manager for the task

£100 per hour 

or if its Rev

£200 per hour and deletion of his back catalogue 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, BraddersTim said:

I'm convinced that the McClure's are behind or involved in this. They have just name checked Rev in response to being asked to state who has made offers for the club, when & how much.

Apparently these been loads of offers and he knows...

Can't be Rev as they say they don't spend anything in the ground.  Rev usually has a pint in his hand unless he is lying.

3 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

To clarify what both Bells and myself have mentioned is being involved historically with similar groups. How you get drawn in. I mean in the original WTID case it was through fear of the Club going under, not being against the Club as they had truly fucked it up !

I have long spoken about a type of fan ownership model. I would like a derivative of the German type system, but that would only work if football was regulated. Clearly that ain't happening. We have talked on here about a Supporters Club entity, I would be all for that as long as it worked with the Club, not railing against it.

But I can safely say I ain't got the time nor inclination to be involved. But I understand why some do want to, because I have been in those shoes. I don't sit here concluding that Chansiri is doing a great job

My situation came out of sheer frustration. I didn’t like how Allen spoke about supporters, I didn’t like that he was loaning money to the club with a view to profiting from it, but I also got frustrated by what I saw to be a closed shop, a dictatorial approach to running the club and a total lack of ambition.

I remember us winning a league game away at Barnsley in late December 2006. We battered them 3-0 and the result put us in with a shout of the playoffs. We were in a good position where a bit on investment in the January might have seen us push on and get into the playoffs.

So what happened? We sold Bougherra to Charlton and ended up finishing 9th in the league. If we’d have brought one or two players in at that time and kept Bougherra, then who knows what might have happened? At this time I went home and away to matches and couldn’t believe what we did. How many other teams, in with a shot of the playoffs, see their best player sold off in the January transfer window? 

It was very easy for me to get drawn into the Allen Out brigade after that. I wasn’t a fan of his anyway, but not having a go for it in January 2007 and instead choosing to cash in was the straw that broke the camel’s back with me. I still genuinely think there was a more justified reason to go for Allen’s jugular than it is DC’s. We had a reasonable squad back then and quality players like Whelan, Brunt, Tudgay and Bougherra. We weren’t a million miles away from having a good side, so to see that snatched from us because of what I perceived to be a lack of ambition was wrong.

As I said earlier, we went on to finish 9th and we then saw Brunt sold to West Brom that summer for £3 million, which just proved to me that not having a go in January showed the lack of ambition of Allen and SWFC at the time. The way I saw it was that Brunt could easily have remained a SWFC player and been plying his trade in the Premier League - and the riches we’d have got from that would have made the £3 million we got for him look like peanuts.

15 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Bougherra went on strike.

Despite that (admittedly I either didn’t know, or have forgotten, that he went on strike), we didn’t bring anyone in or invest the Bougherra money when he went (we left it late selling him though), which was my biggest gripe

We finished just 5 points away from the playoffs at the end of the season. Surely we could have convinced him to stay and let him go in the summer, should we not have gone up (and offer much improved terms if we did), and brought in one or two players to strengthen the squad. 

If we had, I’m convinced we would have got those 5 extra points - and anything could have happened after that.

Lot of water gone under the bridge since then, I’m just giving an account of why I felt like I did and got sucked into club politics. I wouldn’t allow myself to get involved if this was going on now.

• Thanks 1

We would DA have put anymore cash in when he wasn't the sole owner, and had recieved massive criticism already from certain Ne'er do wells.

He did offer, on the proviso he got the trust shares, but they fucked it right up didn't they.

Fan ownership - fuck that, cretinous mob

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Bellsview said:

Despite that (admittedly I either didn’t know, or have forgotten, that he went on strike), we didn’t bring anyone in or invest the Bougherra money when he went (we left it late selling him though), which was my biggest gripe

We finished just 5 points away from the playoffs at the end of the season. Surely we could have convinced him to stay and let him go in the summer, should we not have gone up (and offer much improved terms if we did), and brought in one or two players to strengthen the squad. 

If we had, I’m convinced we would have got those 5 extra points - and anything could have happened after that.

Lot of water gone under the bridge since then, I’m just giving an account of why I felt like I did and got sucked into club politics. I wouldn’t allow myself to get involved if this was going on now.

We got 2.6m for a player we had bought for 200k six months earlier, we signed Leon Clarke late in that window didn't we?

Hindsight is wonderful btw, we had a good run until about mid Feb when it derailed until Laws and co embarked on a run of 8 wins from the final 11 games to make the play offs even a possibility, Laws came in around November after another slow start and a crushing loss away at Colchester did for Sturrock.

Edited by Reesh

33 minutes ago, Bellsview said:

A bigger factor was not spending any dosh on a back up keeper and having to play Chris "no hands" Adamson in the last games.

2 minutes ago, Andyben said:

We would DA have put anymore cash in when he wasn't the sole owner, and had recieved massive criticism already from certain Ne'er do wells.

He did offer, on the proviso he got the trust shares, but they fucked it right up didn't they.

Fan ownership - fuck that, cretinous mob

Didn’t he gift those shares to them in the first place, so that he didn’t have to make an offer to buy the club?

I’d argue even now that wasn’t the best business decision he ever made.

All these things added up with me. The club was toxic and no other Chairman in all of my time watching SWFC divided the fanbase and turned supporter against supporter like he did - and the more he did it, the more supporters like me tried to stand up to him, with the end result being that he chose to take legal action against a number of us (using the club’s money of course).

At the end of the day he did put his money where his mouth is, but he didn’t half like to remind us of that, and he expected a decent return for doing so.

I don’t think the history books will ever show the Dave Allen era at SWFC as being a particularly successful one, but they may well portray it to be an unforgettable one - at the end of it all though, neither Allen or those against him won (unless you count him leaving as a victory), but the club inevitably suffered and paid the price for all that toxicity and disharmony. That’s why I wish I’d never got involved and embroiled in it all.

2 minutes ago, Bellsview said:

Didn’t he gift those shares to them in the first place, so that he didn’t have to make an offer to buy the club?

All these things added up with me. The club was toxic and no other Chairman in all of my time watching SWFC divided the fanbase and turned supporter against supporter like he did - and the more he did it, the more supporters like me tried to stand up to him, with the end result being that he chose to take legal action against a number of us (using the club’s money of course).

At the end of the day he did put his money where his mouth is, but he didn’t half like to remind us of that, and he expected a decent return for doing so.

I don’t think the history books will ever show the Dave Allen era at SWFC as being a particularly successful one, but they may well portray it to be an unforgettable one - at the end of it all though, neither Allen or those against him won (unless you count him leaving as a victory), but the club inevitably suffered and paid the price for all that toxicity and disharmony. That’s why I wish I’d never got involved and embroiled in it all.

They weren't his to give away but maybe it was the best decision he made as potentially saved him millions.

This was the run post-Barnsley - ironically given i was the dingle, Darren Moore-esque

27 Mon Jan 1, 2007 4:00 PM H (9.) Hull City Hull City  (22.)   28.600 1:2
28 Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:00 PM A (11.) Derby County Derby  (2.)   28.936 1:0
29 Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:00 PM H (11.) Sunderland AFC Sunderland  (9.)   29.103 2:4
30 Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:45 PM A (13.) Southampton FC Southampton  (5.)   20.230 2:1
31 Sat Feb 3, 2007 4:00 PM H (13.) Preston North End Preston  (3.)   22.441 1:3
32 Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:00 PM A (14.) Burnley FC Burnley  (13.)   12.745 1:1
33 Tue Mar 6, 2007 9:45 PM H (14.) Plymouth Argyle Plymouth  (11.)   19.449 1:1
34 Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:45 PM A (15.) Luton Town Luton  (20.)   8.011 3:2
Edited by Andyben

It's easy to tell millionaires how to spend their money when you don't have a pot to piss in. 

Also, if 1, even if it's just 1, of the people, involved, don't go to games, regularly, then, there's no way, should they be telling people, not to spend anything in, the ground. Surely they, wouldn't do that,, right? Absolute c,u,n,t,s. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bellsview said:

Fair points and i guess where the WTID came in was on the back of that era, where Allen had left and we were in a state of limbo, mired in debt to the Coop, Strafford the first to forward sell season tickets and lie about the purpose. The utter shower of shit that were being linked to us investor wise

It was the relegation v Crystal Palace that sealed it. 

Probably did not help that my work life was a bit of a mess due to my then boss being worse at running a business than any SWFC folk ! So it was a distraction from that shite, but you can all blame Reesh as he encouraged me to share my thoughts on here. 

It just happened to co-incide with other like minded people thinking the same and said group got formed. OK you have to have a bit of an ego to get involved, but the great thing was there was no dominant ego and the difference was the Club was in a financial mess, HMRC demands etc so it was never about forcing anyone out but being in place if the shit really did hit the fan. 

I will always have an interest in this topic of fan owmership, I fully get why Andyben and others pour scorn because I did it enough with the likes of Wednesdayite and folk can not unlearn that era and reasonable to say it would just be history repeating itself. 

2 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Fair points and i guess where the WTID came in was on the back of that era, where Allen had left and we were in a state of limbo, mired in debt to the Coop, Strafford the first to forward sell season tickets and lie about the purpose. The utter shower of shit that were being linked to us investor wise

It was the relegation v Crystal Palace that sealed it. 

Probably did not help that my work life was a bit of a mess due to my then boss being worse at running a business than any SWFC folk ! So it was a distraction from that shite, but you can all blame Reesh as he encouraged me to share my thoughts on here. 

It just happened to co-incide with other like minded people thinking the same and said group got formed. OK you have to have a bit of an ego to get involved, but the great thing was there was no dominant ego and the difference was the Club was in a financial mess, HMRC demands etc so it was never about forcing anyone out but being in place if the shit really did hit the fan. 

I will always have an interest in this topic of fan owmership, I fully get why Andyben and others pour scorn because I did it enough with the likes of Wednesdayite and folk can not unlearn that era and reasonable to say it would just be history repeating itself. 

That game still haunts me 😖

1 hour ago, Bellsview said:

This is not a post sticking up for him.

But on that point, he was nowhere near the worst Chairman for doing that.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, MAL said:

This is not a post sticking up for him.

But on that point, he was nowhere near the worst Chairman for doing that.

Not for a minute saying him doing that made him an ogre. His reasons were because having those shares put him in a position where he would have had to make a bid for the club, which understandably he didn’t want to do.

And you can also argue strongly that him gifting those shares where he did was a decent thing to do - but you can bet a pound to a penny, with hindsight, they wouldn’t have ended up where they did if he’d known the repercussions. I think even he would admit he dropped a clanger with that one.

I was glad when Wednesdayite got rid of those shares - they should never have had them in the first place, as it created a situation where there were people with (on paper) a potential say in the running of the club, some of who, at the end of the day, were nothing more than supporters with large ego’s, big mouths and zilch in terms of business acumen. Even I, as big aa critic of Dave Allen as I was, was never comfortable with that side of things. But Wednesdayite saw those shares as a tool which could be used to make Allen engage with them - so I understand why, to an extent, they wanted to keep them. And not everything Wednesdayite proposed or wanted to do to help the club was the work of the devil, but I don’t want to fuel the fire on here and reopen old wounds by going over any of that.

I think those kicking up a fuss now ought to look at what has happened in the past when supporters have tried to interfere. It creates toxicity, disharmony and sets supporter against supporter, and I doubt it does much for the morale of players and staff who see things written about the club (and sometimes themselves) on social media. These type of actions never (or rarely) benefit the club, which is what these supporters need to realise.

1 hour ago, MAL said:

@Bellsview

You didn't have to write all that pal, I get it. 

I think you really missed the point I was trying to make. 

It is interesting because the reasons that provoked Bellsview in the first instance and my own involvement too, other people now have the same inner drive "to become vocal".

So I don't criticise them for that on a general level because ultimately they do care about Sheffield Wednesday.

Whether they are going about it the right way, or indeed can ever make a jot of difference is another matter entirely.