A New Group of Attention Seekers

46 minutes ago, Andyben said:

Do they care about Wednesday or themselves?

I give the benefit of the doubt to them caring about SWFC.

If it is about them, I can safely say Sheffield folk will quickly tell them. I got plenty of stick for sticking my head above the parapet.

Ironically we were doing a bit of sorting out in the current office in advance of a move, still had the stat books for the now dissolved Sheffield Wednesday Supporters Club Limited. Shredded that 

See that was a good idea and you have suggested something along those lines. But it got shot down by Hargreaves before it started really. Irony he is now advocating this 1867 Group 

That was my final call really

@mkowlthesexynewversionSee that was a good idea and you have suggested something along those lines. But it got shot down by Hargreaves before it started really. Irony he is now advocating this 1867 Group 

When did Hargreaves do this? Obviously I don't visit OT so wouldn't know but I did have some very positive feedback from the  club

Edited by Andyben

2 hours ago, Chelters said:

It was Everton recalling Iain Turner I think? Crossley had basically played himself into the ground and missed the last couple of months injured. 

2 hours ago, Andyben said:

...that was because Everton couldn't pick Howard v Man U as he'd been in loan there before signing permanently.

Turner played and dropped a bollock

These. 

The Everton Man Ure game was on early in the day we played Brum, and we were in the middle of Brum and I recall seeing @Reesh in a boozer in Brum pre game. Can't name the pub, couldn't tell you where it was/is other than in the city. 

Then post the game, those odious cunts Brum called supporters were wanging bricks from the railway siding over into the area where all us lot were coming out, women, kids, the lot, it wasn't nice. While the WMP (who are still amongst the worst force I've ever experienced as a football fan) lined up with their video cameras on the warehouse roof opposite the ground, letting it continue.

1 hour ago, Andyben said:

@mkowlthesexynewversionSee that was a good idea and you have suggested something along those lines. But it got shot down by Hargreaves before it started really. Irony he is now advocating this 1867 Group 

When did Hargreaves do this? Obviously I don't visit OT so wouldn't know but I did have some very positive feedback from the  club

He shot down the first version put together in about 2014 or 2015. So quite a while before you suggested  a similar style thing. 

Apparently our cool kid fans would think it uncool.

But it is a good idea and I am not surprised there was positive feedback. 

My advice is don't read their thread. The fucking irony is said person is swiping down anyone that suggests the criticism of Chansiri - by some is not racist. 

Given I was once nearly banned for being critical of someone and it was construed as racist - the hypocrisy is mind blowing

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

He shot down the first version put together in about 2014 or 2015. So quite a while before you suggested  a similar style thing. 

My advice is don't read their thread. The fucking irony is said person is swiping down anyone that suggests the criticism of Chansiri - by some is not racist. 

Given I was once nearly banned for being critical of someone and it was construed as racist - the hypocrisy is mind blowing

If he agrees with what your saying he'll not accuse you of anything, if he doesn't he'll use every trick in the book to get one over on you, shite forum.

1 hour ago, HoylandOwl said:

Do we think this new group will gain traction? How much do we think there is such vitriol and 'urge' to get DC out? 

The loudest voices are not always the commonest voices. I do recall handing out leaflets pre match once, not long before Geoff appeared on the High Court steps. I would say 20% took a positive interest, 10% were a bit rude but 70% were total ambivalent. 

Frankly they wanted to watch the game and had bugger all interest in off the pitch matters. Whilst I was stood with a leaflet pondering there might be no Club in a month.

And I use the blokes I used to sit with as that benchmark. They have multi year season tickets, probably go to 60% of away games, will have a moan about the football on the pitch, but have never really engaged in off the field stuff even back on 2010

22 minutes ago, Andyben said:

It'll fizzle out or quite possibly get shouted down by other real fans.

I was right back then and like MK said, the general position hasn't changed except that the club is actually a whole lot healthier and in safer hands then at anytime since the Charterhouse investment 

With comments like that the new group will be glad you're no longer on Twitter.

2 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Do we think this new group will gain traction? How much do we think there is such vitriol and 'urge' to get DC out? 

Exactly the same thing that happened last time will happen this - it might gain some moderate support which will quickly fall away as soon as results on the pitch improve.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Andyben said:

It'll fizzle out or quite possibly get shouted down by other real fans.

I was right back then and like MK said, the general position hasn't changed except that the club is actually a whole lot healthier and in safer hands then at anytime since the Charterhouse investment 

32 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

With comments like that the new group will be glad you're no longer on Twitter.

Don't forget 'they' (or whichever pronoun they're using) are reading this page. 

5 minutes ago, Supercockle said:

Hopefully they’ll realise they don’t have the support from the majority of fans and they’ll find somewhere else to have their ego stroked. 

As Otto says, any perceived support will diminish as results improve. 

To throw the other side though, if results do not improve then I can see it gaining momentum

I have said on other threads that dis-satisfaction with Chansiri lies close to the surface. The last couple of seasons fighting for promotion etc put a lid on it. This will always happen but I don't think it disappeared. 

However, if it looks like we won't be competitive in the Championship then it does become WTF. Is our status below the likes of Preston, Stoke or Hull then patience will run thin

I don't disagree with any of the comments raised and these things do lose momentum, but the difference to the past is social media is much more prevelant. And what is the attitude of the 30 somethings that drive these things. 

21 hours ago, Andyben said:

This was the run post-Barnsley - ironically given i was the dingle, Darren Moore-esque

27 Mon Jan 1, 2007 4:00 PM H (9.) Hull City Hull City  (22.)   28.600 1:2
28 Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:00 PM A (11.) Derby County Derby  (2.)   28.936 1:0
29 Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:00 PM H (11.) Sunderland AFC Sunderland  (9.)   29.103 2:4
30 Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:45 PM A (13.) Southampton FC Southampton  (5.)   20.230 2:1
31 Sat Feb 3, 2007 4:00 PM H (13.) Preston North End Preston  (3.)   22.441 1:3
32 Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:00 PM A (14.) Burnley FC Burnley  (13.)   12.745 1:1
33 Tue Mar 6, 2007 9:45 PM H (14.) Plymouth Argyle Plymouth  (11.)   19.449 1:1
34 Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:45 PM A (15.) Luton Town Luton  (20.)   8.011 3:2

Pretty certain we beat Southend United before the Plymouth game. Andre Marriner attempted to put in a performance that almost rivaled his Tranmere Rovers game. Useless for both sides that game (our penalty decision was laughable).

2 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

However, if it looks like we won't be competitive in the Championship then it does become WTF. Is our status below the likes of Preston, Stoke or Hull then patience will run thin

2 hours ago, Andyben said:

And 30-somehings are more likely than not to have never seen us play in the PL

That's the problem with the parts of our fanbase who fuel this. The 'we should be bigger' mentality. We're a league 1 club who came up through the play-offs. On a footballing front Plymouth were better than us. Sod the history, that's for nostalgia, fans need to realise where we are in the pecking order and for this season Xisco's mouse and lion analogy is correct. 

We've not been helped by the 'success' of them down the road but crying about it and stomping feet shouting that's where we should be because we're "older, bigger, better" is just rhetorical bollocks. 

We've also not been helped by the fact that a lot of us saw the TUF billions when DC arrived and were fed the propaganda of Premier League football before the 150th anniversary. Neither materialised but financial (and managerial) irregularities did and landed us in the state we've been in for the last 4 years and maybe longer. 

DC could have kept Stuart Gray, he could have kept the status quo and just made us a competent top 10 championship team that might have snuck into the play-offs at some point. But he gave it a go, then he gave it another one, and then it went tits up with FFP and managerial decisions. He's not just thrown stabilising loans at the club and charged interest on them. He's not mortgaged us to the hilt with a bank. He's not run the club to make money for himself. But the fans that jump on things like 1867 tend to forget that. 

The financial aspect of the club lies with him but the real sliding doors moment in our recent (DC) history was Carlos shitting his pants at Wembley and that's something that DC can't be accountable for. 

But knowing some of our fans there'd have been an instant demand for a Champion's League place. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tylluan said:

That's the problem with the parts of our fanbase who fuel this. The 'we should be bigger' mentality. We're a league 1 club who came up through the play-offs. On a footballing front Plymouth were better than us. Sod the history, that's for nostalgia, fans need to realise where we are in the pecking order and for this season Xisco's mouse and lion analogy is correct. 

We've not been helped by the 'success' of them down the road but crying about it and stomping feet shouting that's where we should be because we're "older, bigger, better" is just rhetorical bollocks. 

We've also not been helped by the fact that a lot of us saw the TUF billions when DC arrived and were fed the propaganda of Premier League football before the 150th anniversary. Neither materialised but financial (and managerial) irregularities did and landed us in the state we've been in for the last 4 years and maybe longer. 

DC could have kept Stuart Gray, he could have kept the status quo and just made us a competent top 10 championship team that might have snuck into the play-offs at some point. But he gave it a go, then he gave it another one, and then it went tits up with FFP and managerial decisions. He's not just thrown stabilising loans at the club and charged interest on them. He's not mortgaged us to the hilt with a bank. He's not run the club to make money for himself. But the fans that jump on things like 1867 tend to forget that. 

The financial aspect of the club lies with him but the real sliding doors moment in our recent (DC) history was Carlos shitting his pants at Wembley and that's something that DC can't be accountable for. 

But knowing some of our fans there'd have been an instant demand for a Champion's League place. 

Tbf there is a difference between expecting a Champions League place and looking up to Hull 

And who's fault was it we ended up in League 1

Still some deluded folks that blame the EFL not a chap who saved £1,500 in legal fees and not draw up a basic fucking agreement for the stadium sale that would have avoided a lot of this shit 

As you say who promised the Premier League before the 150th birthday and we got a cake a Yr 7 student would have been embarrassed to take home

I mean it is very easy to hit back with counter arguments - which I appreciate many on here do not like 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Tbf there is a difference between expecting a Champions League place and looking up to Hull 

And who's fault was it we ended up in League 1

Still some deluded folks that blame the EFL not a chap who saved £1,500 in legal fees and not draw up a basic fucking agreement for the stadium sale that would have avoided a lot of this shit 

As you say who promised the Premier League before the 150th birthday and we got a cake a Yr 7 student would have been embarrassed to take home

I mean it is very easy to hit back with counter arguments - which I appreciate many on here do not like 

That's why, in my post, I said the financials and the propaganda were down to DC. 

The financial expertise on this site is outstanding and written in a way that is rational and understandable. That's why I always look to yourself, AB, Chelts, Reesh, KM, and anyone else I've forgotten, if anything money related kicks off because I trust your knowledge and not those on Stalk or anywhere else. The fact they take soundbites from here tell you everything. 

But even with the points deduction it was still in our own hands for 90 minutes and even before that. 

90 minutes at Wembley and 90 minutes at Derby. Taking the financials out of it, those games defined where we're sat now from a purely footballing point of view and that's all most fans care about. If we were sat where Ipswich are now then none of this would be kicking off 

• Like 2

I look at the club pre-MM/DC and think how did it get there.

We had split share classes, whereby some shareholders had the  voting shares, others rights to season tickets, others just a certificate etc and that could have only happened by tu club going out for cash from the fans t pay for stuff - I assume the Cantilever and/or Grandstand.

What if DC did that now?

There's be mayhem online as he has done with the multi-year STs

"why wud I giv im cash fir t'stand" etc

That's what I mean about the club being so much healthier now. No outlying shareholders, no REAL external debt, we are so very appealing to Investors if there's a common ground on price and future warranties etc

DC done good, but we won't really know how well until any new guy comes in, for better or worse 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tylluan said:

That's why, in my post, I said the financials and the propaganda were down to DC. 

The financial expertise on this site is outstanding and written in a way that is rational and understandable. That's why I always look to yourself, AB, Chelts, Reesh, KM, and anyone else I've forgotten, if anything money related kicks off because I trust your knowledge and not those on Stalk or anywhere else. The fact they take soundbites from here tell you everything. 

But even with the points deduction it was still in our own hands for 90 minutes and even before that. 

90 minutes at Wembley and 90 minutes at Derby. Taking the financials out of it, those games defined where we're sat now from a purely footballing point of view and that's all most fans care about. If we were sat where Ipswich are now then none of this would be kicking off 

I don't disagree that on the field results puts a lid on a lot of this.

The point I am repeating is it was always there bubbling under.

I an not even going to dispute Andy's view that we are in a better position than the situation 13 years ago that dragged my arse into the whole fan group thing.

But is it as good as it should have been vis a vis the money spent. A post I jokingly made the day Chansiri took over (it was tongue in cheek then and this isn't I told you so comment) was it would be typical of Wednesday to finally get money and fuck it up. 

Whether that conclusion has been attained is of course subjective and will evolve, but I think the angst in the fan base is related to it. I have said about the cumulative fatigue, that we have under achieved for 25 years. 

Seriously he is dangerous, the fact he swipes down valid arguments that do not concur with his opinion today. Even worse he tries to belittle and demean said poster. 

I mean I have been in those shoes on there and when you finally call him out on it - out comes the banning stick.

I shouldn't care, his site his rules but the fact this could be influencing views by stifling other views  should be called out given the significance or potential significance of forcing DC out

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Seriously he is dangerous, the fact he swipes down valid arguments that do not concur with his opinion today. Even worse he tries to belittle and demean said poster. 

I mean I have been in those shoes on there and when you finally call him out on it - out comes the banning stick.

I shouldn't care, his site his rules but the fact this could be influencing views by stifling other views  should be called out given the significance or potential significance of forcing DC out

People forget his distasteful Owlettes venture....very creepy bastard.

• Like 2

It’s a poisonous place is OwlsTalk. I only ever look when someone posts a link on here.

Hargreaves is not interested in any opinion that differs from his own and when he really gets taken apart, the whole account suspension fun starts.

A couple of good friends of mine who know the inner workings of football finance have  cleaned him out a few times. What happened? Banned.

The archetypal keyboard warrior.

• Like 3

On 05/09/2023 at 19:55, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Said person being a faux virtuous hypocrite of the first degree. Repetitive and remorseless online bully. In short; a nob.

12 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Said person being a faux virtuous hypocrite of the first degree. Repetitive and remorseless online bully. In short; a nob.

Calling him a ring piece finally did for me, but i was also suggesting the above. I can't 100% recall the context but I am sure it was Chansiri related 

• Like 1