A New Group of Attention Seekers

4 minutes ago, Andyben said:

At least you got the opportunity to say something before being banned...

I never had my account approved. Probably about 3 years ago I tried to open an account because some bloke on the kop had opened a thread about me and I wanted to defend myself. I’d written my response already but my account was never activated so I never got to give my side of the story. 

1 minute ago, Supercockle said:

I never had my account approved. Probably about 3 years ago I tried to open an account because some bloke on the kop had opened a thread about me and I wanted to defend myself. I’d written my response already but my account was never activated so I never got to give my side of the story. 

You weren't the supporter wanking off a fellow fan 

I never did get their name 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Fook me !!!  Knobheads.

Screenshot_20230906_195931_WhatsApp.thumb.jpg.d4bcecc5e86e29c6dc84783333fccc10.jpg

So we're asking YOU on the north stand to BAG A SEAT                            What do we mean? Well we're  asking some of you to get a slap while we do fuck all and take the credit from the fuckwits who support us.

7 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Be careful what you post the 1867group are watching and won't be afraid to tell you, or summat.

I'm biting my tongue because I'm too tired for the drama and too close to losing my rag with someone and causing myself and them a serious issue.

...I'm afraid I only have a bluesky account for social media and if they wish to contact me on there, they may, but I doubt they have an account.

So no way of faking a new twitter account to try and get my personal details this time Chris...

Otherwise, if they have something to say to me,threaten me or make any defamatory allegations I'll gladly open my PMs and give them the contact details of my lawyer at Schillings.

Edited by Andyben

8 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Be careful what you post the 1867group are watching and won't be afraid to tell you, or summat.

I'm biting my tongue because I'm too tired for the drama and too close to losing my rag with someone and causing myself and them a serious issue.

That'll be a first.

3 minutes ago, Andyben said:

...I'm afraid I only have a bluesky account for social media and if they wish to contact me on there, they may, but I doubt they have an account.

So no way of faking a new twitter account to try and get my personal details this time Chris...

Otherwise, if they have something to say to me,threaten me or make any defamatory allegations I'll gladly open my PMs and give them the contact details of my lawyer at Schillings.

Perhaps I'll keep an eye on them too, as like @Supercockle  alluded to earlier, being lagged, slandered and libelled without the opportunity to defend or respond is never looked at favourably in Court...

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Where's the Reesh that we all know and ...erm... know? 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

Seriously he is dangerous, the fact he swipes down valid arguments that do not concur with his opinion today. Even worse he tries to belittle and demean said poster. 

I mean I have been in those shoes on there and when you finally call him out on it - out comes the banning stick.

I shouldn't care, his site his rules but the fact this could be influencing views by stifling other views  should be called out given the significance or potential significance of forcing DC out

I remember being banned as well, plus there was a poster on there called ‘Shaun Hunt Wednesday Fan’, a moderator who added something derogatory under my username. He used to hate me because I used to call him out and never let his ridicule or bullying get to me. Nowadays I’d just block a poster like that, or ignore them.

I don’t go on there or post on there anymore but I have just had a quick nosey and nothing has changed. Tewkesbury Owl is posting a lot of sense so obviously, as is the norm, he’s the poster being rounded on and getting the most stick - which shows he’s already won the debate/argument.

1 hour ago, Andyben said:

At least you got the opportunity to say something before being banned...

I banned myself, couldn't believe the sycophants fawning all over fat Les, repeating Hargreaves's bollocks that DC should bring him in as an adviser because he "knew how to run a football club". Don't get me wrong I didn't expect praise when I said "weren't you chairman of the regime that took us to the steps of the High Court", but I didn't expect to be told I was wrong and deluded, particularly by Stafford himself.

2 hours ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Fook me !!!  Knobheads.

Screenshot_20230906_195931_WhatsApp.thumb.jpg.d4bcecc5e86e29c6dc84783333fccc10.jpg

138 views and 5 likes. 

Sort of says it all, really. 

It sort of smacks of the early days of The Trust but it seems even they're distancing themselves from this. They've probably been too busy organising murals. 

Let's look at this from a grown up perspective, which is what very largely goes on here.

The bag a seat thing is, quite frankly nonsense and completely unthought out if you want to stage a 'peaceful' protest.

Logistically impossible and as was said on stalk would probably lead to some unrest between Wednesday fans.

Some numpty suggested everyone takes a tennis ball and throws it on the pitch just before kick off. There would be a couple of dozen thrown, wouldn't affect kick off but again might cause some unrest between fans.

In summary it's amateur hour with all their bravado, it's not thought through and is scattergun at best.

It seems to me, and don't get me wrong there is a right to protest, but do it 'right' since you all all fans of the club, that this movement appears spawned over too many pints and the few that are fueling them has got them a bit out of their depth.

As ever, UTO 

Edited by Lee
Spello
  • Like 1

One thing I will say for this 'group' are that at least they're trying to suggest things and want to try and do something,  regardless of whether you/I think that things such as this black bagging is a good one or not. It's at least a show of movement towards a protest of sorts.  While, social media is a place where opinions are shared, but personally speaking, I don't think until the wider media pick up on it, and start speaking to those involved to get a wider sense of their 'angst' towards DC and the running of the club, spreading their thoughts to a much bigger and widespread audience of, what their intentions and their reasoning for it, then I don't think it'll gather much more traction than it currently has. 

I still truly wonder how many people actually WANT to get involved with something like this and how many are that incensed by DC's actions. Personally I just want to watch the footy, and come home these days, maybe that could potentially be making me think its protests are not as supported across the fanbase as some are suggesting.. But who knows!

My involvement in this sort of thing was spawned by dissatisfaction with the Board and the type of characters lurking looking to invest. So not too dis-similar in reality, but suddenly the backdrop became of tax debts, pending High Court judgments. So there was greater empathy amongst part of the fan base, but even then I would say only 20% (if that) were actually aware. And because Wednesdayite were lurking its fair to say not all were supportive !

What I do recall there was a tad more professionalism involved. The guys I worked alongside are now fairly high up in the Sheffield business arena and in many ways they had more at stake personally than I did. 

We were the backstop and genuinely the day Mandaric turned up everyone was delighted to pack it all away 

• Like 1

FFS just when you think we've maxed out on attention seeking to$$ers another group comes along.

Just another distraction we don't need attempting to fracture the fanbase & provide the usual lot (Rev, Hargreaves, The Star etc.).. with something to over hype & dramatise.

What a crap idea as well turn the Chansiri logo from black to white, would actually contrast nicely against the blue.

For info if anyone from 1867 is reading

A) Why not just take your shoes off in car park after match & arrange a photo shoot with Hargreaves & the Star. At least then we can out faces to your tin pot group.

B) Anyone caught attempting to put a bag on mine or any of my mates seats nearby (which some are white) will be met with maximum resistance & deposited in said bag.

UTO  

• Like 1

While there are folks on this thread that don't appreciate the actions of the 1867 group, or proposed actions, I don't want this thread to continue to descend into threats of violence etc. 

Yes, WAWAW sometimes does get misused, I don't think people wanting to voice / show their opinion is worthy of that sort of reply, even if you don't agree with what they're doing

It's not needed/warranted/acceptable. So, I'd ask you to stop. Or I'll pull the thread. 

Thanks

1 hour ago, HoylandOwl said:

While there are folks on this thread that don't appreciate the actions of the 1867 group, or proposed actions, I don't want this thread to continue descend into threats of violence etc. 

Yes, WAWAW sometimes does get misused, I don't think people wanting to voice / show their opinion is worthy of that sort of reply, even if you don't agree with what they're doing

It's not needed/warranted/acceptable. So, I'd ask you to stop. Or I'll pull the thread. 

Thanks

Unless some shits been deleted, I've Seen more threat in half a mouldy loaf of Warburtons.

16 minutes ago, Andyben said:

What a **** Howson is

And honestly, Terry, are you now on the dark side.

I did notice a big increase in the anti DC retweets in the OO twitter account I past month or so.

He's a bum channel Huddersfield dog fucker, his opinion is irrelevant. 

I'll PM you... I was going to try and help with the match commentary whilst HO was on vacation but couldn't in the  end, sadly.

I actually wondered if our pink booted septic friend still had it still as it did seem a little politicised, something I was sorely tempted to correct whilst in the drivng seat

3 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Peter Kay is brilliant.

Clickbait.

I think, based on I’ll admit very limited info, I think we were after a striker to compete the jigsaw, why wouldn’t we be looking. XM intimated it without saying out right when he was being questioned. Also the rumours about Smith or Gregory exiting were bc we would have moved at least one of them along if we had got our man.

Notwithstanding some of our new signings have yet to show their true value, If that potential striker signing had happened I think it would have left very little for the moaners to go at.

However, I’m hoping DC took it as far as he could but wasn’t prepared to do a Rhodes. If that was the case I for one would be supporting him.

OK maybe it needed a plan B or C but as XM has said the ‘market’ dictates what you can and can’t do. An indicator for me is what mini pigs paid for the lad from Exeter and would such a signing be right compared to the experience we already have in the club, ie for us to get a step up on that is going to be a either a big transfer fee or a big signing on fee for a loan (and the proven loans are few in number from the likes of Citeh etc).

Obviously we don’t want a desperation signing at Christmas but I also think DC will support the Head Coach if we are showing progress and or if we need reinforcements. He certainly done it in previous seasons.

5 minutes ago, Tank_Owl2,0 said:

Peter Kay is brilliant.

Clickbait.

I think, based on I’ll admit very limited info, I think we were after a striker to compete the jigsaw, why wouldn’t we be looking. XM intimated it without saying out right when he was being questioned. Also the rumours about Smith or Gregory exiting were bc we would have moved at least one of them along if we had got our man.

Notwithstanding some of our new signings have yet to show their true value, If that potential striker signing had happened I think it would have left very little for the moaners to go at.

However, I’m hoping DC took it as far as he could but wasn’t prepared to do a Rhodes. If that was the case I for one would be supporting him.

OK maybe it needed a plan B or C but as XM has said the ‘market’ dictates what you can and can’t do. An indicator for me is what mini pigs paid for the lad from Exeter and would such a signing be right compared to the experience we already have in the club, ie for us to get a step up on that is going to be a either a big transfer fee or a big signing on fee for a loan (and the proven loans are few in number from the likes of Citeh etc).

Obviously we don’t want a desperation signing at Christmas but I also think DC will support the Head Coach if we are showing progress and or if we need reinforcements. He certainly done it in previous seasons.

We'd be very desperate if we made a signing at Christmas as the player would likely been clubless for six months

1 minute ago, Reesh said:

We'd be very desperate if we made a signing at Christmas as the player would likely been clubless for six months

Oh January, you know what I meant.

I agree though, we’d have to be desperate.

I saw someone suggesting on stalk going after Danny Rose, the same Danny Rose that hasn’t played in something like 18months+

18 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

One thing I will say for this 'group' are that at least they're trying to suggest things and want to try and do something,  regardless of whether you/I think that things such as this black bagging is a good one or not. It's at least a show of movement towards a protest of sorts.  While, social media is a place where opinions are shared, but personally speaking, I don't think until the wider media pick up on it, and start speaking to those involved to get a wider sense of their 'angst' towards DC and the running of the club, spreading their thoughts to a much bigger and widespread audience of, what their intentions and their reasoning for it, then I don't think it'll gather much more traction than it currently has. 

I still truly wonder how many people actually WANT to get involved with something like this and how many are that incensed by DC's actions. Personally I just want to watch the footy, and come home these days, maybe that could potentially be making me think its protests are not as supported across the fanbase as some are suggesting.. But who knows!

It's funny Terry that apart from some "McGee Out" chants after he refused to invest on promotion to the old 1st Division I can't remember being too bothered or knowing much about the board at SWFC when I first started following them, now it/they get talked about more than the footy at times.

• Like 1