NON Wednesday transfer thread 23/24

6 hours ago, TheExile said:

Reuben Rodrigues to Oxford is a coup for them. Think a long term deal secured him over derby and Cardiff. Not a great start to the window for the rams at face value 

Derby offered 2 years. Oxford upped their offer to 3 years and tripled his wages, which amounts to just over £6k a week. 

33 minutes ago, Mark said:

Anyone heard anymore bout possibility of Vardy coming to us.

Wishful thinking I know but I've heard Leicester might get rid presumably to get him off wage bill........which rules us out I guess. 

Led to believe it was a distinct possibility last summer had we gone up.

This summer. Dunno. 

Brentford B sign Romeo Beckham on a 2 year deal. The profile and merchandising will pay for the move after Brentford noticed an increase in shirt sales when he signed on loan last season. Dad turning up to watch helps a lot as well.

There maybe a player exchange deal being put in place with Inter Miami as well, where Brentford's players may spend time over there and vice versa if Miami find anyone worth taking

Edited by Tylluan

21 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

Suspect that means Gundogan is going then?!

It seems that way, I did read something yesterday that suggested there was only a slight disagreement about the contract City had offered him though. So maybe that could be ironed out? Something to do with length of contract.

2 hours ago, BraddersTim said:

I know it's a few days old but blast from the past and Wednesday hater Adam Le Fondre signed for Hibernian after leaving Sydney FC.

I wouldn't have him or Raziak back tbf. Their first stints at Hillsborough were utterly underwhelming.

5 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

They've signed Tom Naylor from Wigan too... They seem to be going for it a bit don't they?

Loved how they did a SHHHHT thing before announcing Grigg.

They simply posted 'Alexa. Play Freed From Desire'

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Eh??? Imagine that.

As if Newcastle weren’t already disliked, but then if that happened, the dislike would increase even more

If that happens, I expect the conduct of Newcastle (along with Chelsea) to be scrutinised in the same way that German journalists do for Man City. 

Newcastle reportedly have a transfer budget of around £150m and if they sign their top three targets of Hernandez, Chiesa, and Tonali then that would be them done if they wanted to stay within P&S. 

Loan moves would be next and Nevez makes sense, as would Kante. 

4 hours ago, Tylluan said:

And another one for the Dingles to have a meltdown over. 

Luton have been given permission to talk to Mads Anderson. Transfer fee believed to be around £900,000 with add ons. 

Selling a first team player to a PL club for less than a million feels like something that we’d do. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Tylluan said:

Luton have been given permission to talk to Mads Anderson. Transfer fee believed to be around £900,000 with add ons. 

I thought they'd have been a shoo-in for autos next season, after their season and that final.  Without that manager, that loanee keeper and without their skipper, assuming he goes, forget it.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Tylluan said:

That is a very good deal. Under a million for any prem club to buy a player seems unheard of these days.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Tylluan said:

Would have loved to have seen him at S6 but knew I was being overly optimistic on that one.

£900k plus add ons is a steal, although the fact that he was about to go into the last year of his contract and could have walked away for nowt at the end of this coming season might have had something to do with that.

Still surprised The Dingles didn’t hold out for £1 million though. I’d be amazed if Luton would have missed out on him for the sake of £100k, plus I’m sure someone would have gladly paid £1 million for him if they wouldn’t.