NON Wednesday transfer thread 23/24

3 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Dingles make their first signing ahead of their LEAGUE ONE campaign.

He's a good signing for minimal outlay and they'll make money on him. One thing the Dingles have in place is a good non league scouting network 

53 minutes ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

A few more current players, like Kante at Chelsea being linked with Saudi Arabian clubs.

I guess golf is not high on the list of interests on here, but the complete mess that is being made of that sport should be a warning shot for football to keep them at arms length.

Another thing Trump got right, isn't it MK. He said last year that those PGA players slagging LIV will be in trouble when the tours merge, so they'd be best moving now (12 months ago) and getting some cash out of it, before the PGA just subsumes all the merger cash when it happens.

I used to work with a lad who's now Senior VP in LIV's finance team, they were always going to do this

Edited by Andyben

9 hours ago, TheExile said:

McGoldrick to Notts C…blow for Derby 

They've offered him a player/coach role. It's his boyhood club and he wants to get into coaching. County are also preparing themselves for losing either Langstaff or Rodrigues. One of them could go in the opposite direction as Derby would free up quite a lot of money if they took McGoldrick's wages off the books. 

2 hours ago, Andyben said:

Another thing Trump got right, isn't it MK. He said last year that those PGA players slagging LIV will be in trouble when the tours merge, so they'd be best moving now (12 months ago) and getting some cash out of it, before the PGA just subsumes all the merger cash when it happens.

I used to work with a lad who's now Senior VP in LIV's finance team, they were always going to do this

True - hence why football should tread very carefully 

4 hours ago, Tylluan said:

They've offered him a player/coach role. It's his boyhood club and he wants to get into coaching. County are also preparing themselves for losing either Langstaff or Rodrigues. One of them could go in the opposite direction as Derby would free up quite a lot of money if they took McGoldrick's wages off the books. 

Rodrigues looks decent to be fair 

2 hours ago, TheExile said:

Rodrigues looks decent to be fair 

On his day he's L1 standard but he has games like the play-off final where he hit the ball everywhere other than where he meant it to go. 

He was thinking of heading back to Portugal but he's met a Nottingham girl, she works for me, and he's proper fallen. 

5 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Do we think k Messi moving to Inter Miami was the catalyst for Phil Neville getting sacked

Probably, though 10 losses in 13 games might also have been a factor. Even in a league where there's no relegation and no point

51 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Probably, though 10 losses in 13 games might also have been a factor. Even in a league where there's no relegation and no point

Other than 1 half decent season where they scraped into the play-offs, they've been a car crash ever since he's been there. Considering about 8 of the 12 teams get into the play-offs, you have to be shockingly bad not to make it. 

Plus their fans are all Barca/Real fans and expect them to be the same. 

1 hour ago, Tylluan said:

On his day he's L1 standard but he has games like the play-off final where he hit the ball everywhere other than where he meant it to go. 

He was thinking of heading back to Portugal but he's met a Nottingham girl, she works for me, and he's proper fallen. 

Pictures or didn't happen. You know the rules 

Mac Allister has joined Liverpool for £35m

Says it all about the PL, after their best ever finish Brighton will be cherry picked by the big boys for their best players, being in the PL is pretty pointless for 14 clubs isn't it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Reesh said:

Says it all about the PL, after their best ever finish Brighton will be cherry picked by the big boys for their best players, being in the PL is pretty pointless for 14 clubs isn't it.

Seems pretty measly when you consider the season he's had, particularly as Brighton are being quoted £40m for some kid from Chelsea who's only played half a season in the Prem

4 minutes ago, Otto_Man said:

Seems pretty measly when you consider the season he's had, particularly as Brighton are being quoted £40m for some kid from Chelsea who's only played half a season in the Prem

Got to be a contract thing, either a clause or it expires next year.

19 hours ago, Reesh said:

That transfer just reminded me of Scotland. Any player that has a fine season always got hoovered up by the usual pair.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Otto_Man said:

Not sure but think his contract was due to expire and he signed a new one before the World Cup.  Possibly with the fee clause in so Brighton got some fee in.

21 hours ago, Reesh said:

I was talking about that the other day with family.

It would be refreshing if, just once, some of these 'highly rated' players would stay and attempt to build on Brighton's 'success'. Instead, the media have been writing both his and Caicedo's exit letters for the last few months of the season.

It was almost like Mac Allister said, "I've won the World Cup. Therefore, I must move. Fuck Brighton. They're beneath me now."

Both Liverpool and Brighton will be in the Europa League next season, so it's patently obvious he's only moved for the money and the 'prestige' of playing for a 'big' club.

Will he be a success? Or will he land up like that other "ambitious" Brighton chap who signed for Tottenham then promptly disappeared? Can't remember his name. Bosouma??

2 minutes ago, EastCraigsOwl said:

I was talking about that the other day with family.

It would be refreshing if, just once, some of these 'highly rated' players would stay and attempt to build on Brighton's 'success'. Instead, the media have been writing both his and Caicedo's exit letters for the last few months of the season.

It was almost like Mac Allister said, "I've won the World Cup. Therefore, I must move. Fuck Brighton. They're beneath me now."

Both Liverpool and Brighton will be in the Europa League next season, so it's patently obvious he's only moved for the money and the 'prestige' of playing for a 'big' club.

Will he be a success? Or will he land up like that other "ambitious" Brighton chap who signed for Tottenham then promptly disappeared? Can't remember his name. Bosouma??

You’re right it would be refreshing, however, when clubs like Liverpool come along and very often just go…..

Not only are we infinitely bigger as a club, here’s also 4x your salary.

It’s not hard to see why it happens

40 minutes ago, Southy_SWFC said:

I don't know much about him, but 123 games in the Championship with top half teams, plus 12 in the top flight last season, sounds like he'd be worth a go to me. Why do you think otherwise? 

Because he played for Leeds