NON Wednesday transfer thread 23/24

23 minutes ago, Owling_Wolf said:

Yes, read that.  Something I remember from my own experiences, quite a few of us - facing a situation very few of us young UK recruits knew anything about, being legitimately tax free - chose to visit our local home tax office to ask advice.  Ten or a dozen arrived together from all over the UK. When we compared notes, the range of responses we'd received was startling.  At one extreme, I was advised how to fill the form in and  another lad was offered them filling it in for him.  At the other, a lad from darn sarf sent his missus in to see them after he'd already left.  They not only refused her any advice, they left her in shreds by saying they'd be looking out for him returning and if they could they'd get him 'nicked'!  😮

I would assume he would have had ready access to better advice than that!   

I was always lucky mate. When left in 1996 prepped HMRC and said been travelling and would not be coming baxk to Sheffield  ever, so t a letter from them, with a cheque, confirm that as no longer resident and had taken a new domiof choice so no more links to UK.

I was 21....

1 hour ago, mkowl said:

Saw an article suggesting that Blackburn had messed up the paperwork on Maguire. Ok it was in The Star so fully expect him to be in the next starting 11

It looks legit, their manager was banned from talking about it yesterday but still made pointed references to it.  Their fans are going barmy on Twitter because apparently its a mistake they've made previously on a deadline day registration. 

Strong rumour that Blackburn registered him on a full contract and not as an ESG and they can't get a work permit for him. 

If they've bought him on a full contract or loaned him on the same then they can't downgrade the contract for next season either so would still have the same work permit issue. Olympic games don't count towards international call up numbers. 

On 05/02/2024 at 00:17, Tylluan said:

Strong rumour that Blackburn registered him on a full contract and not as an ESG and they can't get a work permit for him. 

If they've bought him on a full contract or loaned him on the same then they can't downgrade the contract for next season either so would still have the same work permit issue. Olympic games don't count towards international call up numbers. 

Not listed in their first team squad... https://www.rovers.co.uk/teams

With this McGuire thing, could a case be made to the EFL by Wednesday?

It's widely known that we needed a striker. Blackburn had to pull out of the buy due to the owners banning fees.

However, this late paperwork thing happened last season too.

McGuire thought everything was done by 22:20, but then they turned up with another at 23:05.

Is there a case to say that Blackburn never actually intended to pay the massively inflated fees that they used to get the deal back on, doing it just ro stop a move to a relegation rival?

Would anything happen even if there was a case?

Could Chansiri take this to court if we get relegated?

20 hours ago, Tewksbury said:

With this McGuire thing, could a case be made to the EFL by Wednesday?

It's widely known that we needed a striker. Blackburn had to pull out of the buy due to the owners banning fees.

However, this late paperwork thing happened last season too.

McGuire thought everything was done by 22:20, but then they turned up with another at 23:05.

Is there a case to say that Blackburn never actually intended to pay the massively inflated fees that they used to get the deal back on, doing it just ro stop a move to a relegation rival?

Would anything happen even if there was a case?

Could Chansiri take this to court if we get relegated?

I understand what you’re saying and it does seem a bit snide that they were in then they were out and then in and then out again… (whooooaaaa Hokey Cokey)

But I can’t see how we have a chance to appeal officially. It would be down to proving they’d not got funds, and after selling Wharton for £20m that doesn’t bode well for us in that regard.

They just f**ked up the process at their end… to me it’s that simple 

11 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

I understand what you’re saying and it does seem a bit snide that they were in then they were out and then in and then out again… (whooooaaaa Hokey Cokey)

But I can’t see how we have a chance to appeal officially. It would be down to proving they’d not got funds, and after selling Wharton for £20m that doesn’t bode well for us in that regard.

They just f**ked up the process at their end… to me it’s that simple 

The fact that they're trying to get him on a pre contract sort of pushes it that way.

Looked bloody fishy though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...