NON Wednesday transfer thread 23/24

14 hours ago, mkowlthesexynewversion said:

I revert to my answer that this is probably the most tedious transfer saga ever with Kane

You will therefore be happy to know that Kane has now officially joined Bayern, per BBC Sport website.

Well, that came out of the blue, eh?   🙂

Edited by Owling_Wolf

12 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Agree. He had to leave spurs to win summat. Although, it could be said he’s just as culpable in their failures…. He’s been in finals with them and not won owt. 

True probably applies to England even moreso. At spurs I think they’ve had others that are capable but have not always stepped up and been happy to rely on him. Seems a pretty down to earth guy so unless he miraculously joined the blades it’s hard not to root for him. I guess if he stayed in England the only guaranteed success is City but they don’t even need him. 

17 minutes ago, TheExile said:

True probably applies to England even moreso. At spurs I think they’ve had others that are capable but have not always stepped up and been happy to rely on him. Seems a pretty down to earth guy so unless he miraculously joined the blades it’s hard not to root for him. I guess if he stayed in England the only guaranteed success is City but they don’t even need him. 

Fair points 

Neymar off to Saudi. Reported salary is 87 million a year.

Now, to give a better example. Piotr Zielinski has just won the Italian league with Napoli. They’ve offered him about 4 million a year. He’s turned it down to take 19 million a year in Saudi. He’s an ok player.

5 hours ago, Neville Facking Bartos said:

In isolation the wage rise for Moore might have been ok until the lost was looked at if players like Twine were on it.

I’d guess 15-20k a week plus a loan fee? 

It’s clear DC is trying to do things on the cheap now, fine if it works but he’ll have to take the crap if it doesn’t work.

For what it’s worth though it’s too early to doom it to failure. Get behind the team and the manager. Plenty of time for inquests 

This is what irks me a little. Saying DC is doing things on the cheap. Firstly, we don’t know this. Secondly, the last time we were in this division, we got points deductions for not doing things on the cheap. Either way, it’s DCs fault. There’s no way this is the list of players that Xisco requested, being delivered by the chairman. 

On 14/08/2023 at 12:45, KrolMong said:

Neymar off to Saudi. Reported salary is 87 million a year.

Now, to give a better example. Piotr Zielinski has just won the Italian league with Napoli. They’ve offered him about 4 million a year. He’s turned it down to take 19 million a year in Saudi. He’s an ok player.

Never played more than 22 games in a single season for them apparently.

Not sure his nocturnal escapades will go down well in  Saudi 

• Haha 1