NON Wednesday transfer thread 23/24

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Jude Bellingham to Real Madrid.

James Milner to Brighton.

Both mooted by Sky Sports News

Bellingham done deal apparently.

Some midfield they'll have once Kroos and Modric retire.

Edited by Andyben

7 hours ago, HoylandOwl said:

Sean Clare released by Charlton after playing 49 times for them this season and coming second in their player of the year voting…. No I’m not asking should we.. just saying he’s been released

Couldn't agree wages

36 minutes ago, Tylluan said:

Paul Warne and Richie Barker were at Wembley on Saturday to watch Macaulay Langstaff. 

He didn't have his best game but it would take about £500k to take him from County

Just been on about Langstaff with my County fan colleague.   He has only been about 5 times this season including Saturday and thinks he jinx's him as never has a good game when he has been. 

Thought his movement was decent and reminded me of Gary Hooper with his style. 

Would Chesterfield full back Jeff King be available as thought he looked a player.

Edited by Hirstys 12th Pint

Ryan Giggs son, Zach, has signed for the pigs. 

The 16 year old left back wasn't offered a scholarship contract with Manchester United after being with them since he was 10. 

He's not bad but he's not all that good either. Which is why he's gone to a cat 2 academy 

• 2 weeks later...

It seems last Monday was a shop window for Mads Andersen. 

His Opta stats have footprints of scouts from Middlesbrough, Bristol City, Coventry and Red Star Belgrade. 

Previous Barnsley manager Poya Asbaghi is the assistant at Red Star. 

1 hour ago, HoylandOwl said:

Just noticed that Jesse Lingard has been released by Forest. Not entirely surprised but bloody hell, that was an expensive signing if his reported wages were anywhere near true!

The amount was true but a lot of Forest's higher wage earners had their earnings structured like Rooney's at Derby, through 'sponsorship'. If anyone gets curious with their finance structuring then Forest are screwed

58 minutes ago, HoylandOwl said:

Man United rumoured to be looking at Mason Mount, and offering Chelsea, Harry Maguire as part of the deal.

Mount to Utd after a disagreement over image rites payment structuring stopped a new Chelsea contract. Maguire will be off but not to Chelsea. Tottenham is being muted. 

James Madison to Chelsea to plug the hole left by Mount. 

There's a lot of players being linked with Tottenham and that's the problem for any prospective manager in that if Levy thinks he's getting a good deal then the squad will be sorted before he brings in a new manager. 

There's rumours that Newcastle have offered a 'cheeky' £80m for Kane

Just noticed that Jesse Lingard has been released by Forest. Not entirely surprised but bloody hell, that was an expensive signing if his reported wages were anywhere near true!

I think it was only ever a 1 season thing. Players like him are one of the reasons I’d prefer to be in the championship. The level of ego in the prem is a joke. 

Edited by 1banana2banana
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

His ego in particular is out of this world. I listened to the Diary of a CEO podcast with him on.

There’s parts where I thought, maybe, he’s a little misjudged. Then he said he wanted to be a Hollywood superstar and then, I quickly thought. No. The impression many have is bang on.

Although being a tenner behind him wouldn’t be so bad.

His ego in particular is out of this world. I listened to the Diary of a CEO podcast with him on.

There’s parts where I thought, maybe, he’s a little misjudged. Then he said he wanted to be a Hollywood superstar and then, I quickly thought. No. The impression many have is bang on.

Although being a tenner behind him wouldn’t be so bad.

Looks like he’s already hit the big time as a tv superstar! 

4 hours ago, Otto_Man said:

Thought the grunters might have been interested?!

Was he any good for them? Felt like Navas was way better, but I've no stats to back that up?!

Pigs can't afford £25k a week nevermind the £50k Henderson is rumoured to be getting if the transfer goes through. 

Navas benefitted from a more settled back line but they were much of a muchness